No announcement yet.

I think Stutz starts next game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That cat must no be one of us. What does he want, eggs in his beer? Can you imagine this scenerio---"Stutz has a wide ope lay-up but hark---he dribbles it out to the 3 point line and shoots a sky-hook instead---and swish. " Some people are just never happy. Stutz is only a Freshman and I am glad Kentucky did not want him nearly as bad as we did.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
      That cat must no be one of us. What does he want, eggs in his beer? Can you imagine this scenerio---"Stutz has a wide ope lay-up but hark---he dribbles it out to the 3 point line and shoots a sky-hook instead---and swish. " Some people are just never happy. Stutz is only a Freshman and I am glad Kentucky did not want him nearly as bad as we did.
      :good:

Don't you want your center taking most of his shots within 3 feet? That IS a good thing. But at least we know he's still capable of stepping out when needed.

Garrett played GREAT tonight! I love how he keeps the ball at or above his head when he gets it.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
        Stutz is only a Freshman and I am glad Kentucky did not want him nearly as bad as we did.
        I think we owe Gardner-Webb a nice ovation when they get here for there upset of Kentucky. That might have been the difference in us getting Garrett.

Comment

Sub---Shocks02--Kentucky's loss is our gain. Stutz indeed has a special shooting touch and we are in for a treat with this Freshman Class that our Coaching Staff brought in here. And of course Kenny M. will be here next year along with 2 big men that have promise and we are NOT done yet. We are heading forward Shocker fans but we need to display patience along the way.

Comment

I think Stutz secured his starting position tonight. Even Durley seemed to play harder tonight, even on Defense. Griskenas is pretty good on Defense, and he hits the boards. Ellis looked better tonight and had 4 boards.

Murry is the new PJ.

Comment

There are still times that #23 reminds me of Aubrey Sherrod. Now THAT is a good thing!!!!!!! Wait untill he has a 1st and 2nd half like the 2nd half tonight! Hellloooo!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                Yeah, so I don't normally call people out on the internet. But since it sounds like this guy reads this board I'll give him a chance to explain the comments I heard from him while walking to my car after the game.....he said...

"So everyone keeps talking about how great Stutz is on the internet...Stutz this and Stutz that, but all he did was shoot layups....."

Now that is all I heard, so I hope there was something better after that. But I thought that was the stupidest thing I heard. What do you WANT him to do? LOL
                That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

To whomever made that comment...... THAT'S THE FRICKEN POINT.

Give it to the big guy down low so a good portion of our offense is reduced to the easiest of points: a layup.

I hope that dude doesn't breed.
                The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                  I think Stutz secured his starting position tonight. Even Durley seemed to play harder tonight, even on Defense. Griskenas is pretty good on Defense, and he hits the boards. Ellis looked better tonight and had 4 boards.

Murry is the new PJ.
                  Yeah Murry's line is pretty nice across the board so far this year. He's even averaging the most minutes per game out of EVERYONE.

12pts, 48% FG, 46.2% 3pt, 85.7% FT, 3.7 Reb, 3.3 assist, 1.7 TO, 1.3 steal

Stutz's looks pretty good too:

13.3 pts, 70.8% FG, 0.3 TO, 0.7 Blk in 20 mins. His stats that could use some work IMO 66.7% FT (although that will likely come up) & 3.7 REB.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Free throws will come up as opponents try to resort to Hack-A-Shaq. As for Garrett's rebounds, why worry? Remember that he's playing across from Ramon "Vacuum Cleaner" Clemente.
                    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                    Students > Alumni
                    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                      Free throws will come up as opponents try to resort to Hack-A-Shaq. As for Garrett's rebounds, why worry? Remember that he's playing across from Ramon "Vacuum Cleaner" Clemente.
                      Not so much worried, just would like to see it go up a bit. But you are right, hard to get too many boards with the human vacuum over there LOL
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                        Yeah, so I don't normally call people out on the internet. But since it sounds like this guy reads this board I'll give him a chance to explain the comments I heard from him while walking to my car after the game.....he said...

"So everyone keeps talking about how great Stutz is on the internet...Stutz this and Stutz that, but all he did was shoot layups....."

Now that is all I heard, so I hope there was something better after that. But I thought that was the stupidest thing I heard. What do you WANT him to do? LOL
                        We've only begun to see what Garrett has to bring to the table. I'll take layups over and over and over again if they give them to us, then when the offense really gets going, he'll step out and drain the 3's we all know he can do.

Again--we're just getting a very small taste of the potential. I think we'll see more and more every year, and who knows by his senior year how good it could be.

Comment

Remember all the bunnies we missed last year. It was frustrating to watch PT and Ramon and AE missing point blank shots. Coach would be on after the game talking about the easy shots we had around the bucket and that we just needed to finish them.

GS seems to know how to finish. I hope all his shots are layups and dunks and that he gets plenty of them.

Comment

I really hate it when our post player gets 20+ points off of layups. Isn't he supposed to get the ball down low and dribble out to the 3-point line and shoot from there? That's worth one more point.

Just in case somebody can't figure out sarcasm, I'd take 20+ points form any position on the court shooting layups.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                              I really hate it when our post player gets 20+ points off of layups. Isn't he supposed to get the ball down low and dribble out to the 3-point line and shoot from there? That's worth one more point.

Just in case somebody can't figure out sarcasm, I'd take 20+ points form any position on the court shooting layups.
                              Ya and it sucks hes not bringing the ball upcourt and dishing to one of our guards! ;-) 8) :posterwsu:
                              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

It's early in the season, and I haven't seen any other Valley freshman play, but I have to believe that Garret and Toure start winning awards THIS year! These are two of the best freshman I've seen at WSU in quite some time...better than PJ, Sean, and Matt, and better than Randy, Rob, and Jamar. If we can develop some talent around these two, they have the size, skills, and potential to be one of those magic March Madness combos in 2011 and 2012!
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X