No announcement yet.

I think Stutz starts next game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree that it depends on who we are playing. A solid 6'10" or bigger center who's really physical will likely eat his lunch right now. Against the smaller teams, starting might be a good thing.

He's getting there.

Comment

In the second half, Clemente and Stutz went to the bench for rest at the 10:58 mark.

In their place came Durley and Aaron.

Clemente rested for about 3:30 and came back in. I was surprised he stayed out that long. I thought he would get a two minute blow and come right back in.

Stutz remained on the bench until about the 4:30 mark. I was very surprised because on offense, Garrett was having his way with UMKC. #1 for UMKC, Humphrey, was still on the bench.

It all seemed a little strange to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
        In the second half, Clemente and Stutz went to the bench for rest at the 10:58 mark.

In their place came Durley and Aaron.

Clemente rested for about 3:30 and came back in. I was surprised he stayed out that long. I thought he would get a two minute blow and come right back in.

Stutz remained on the bench until about the 4:30 mark. I was very surprised because on offense, Garrett was having his way with UMKC. #1 for UMKC, Humphrey, was still on the bench.

It all seemed a little strange to me.
        Yep, I kept looking for coach to get Garrett in during the 2nd part of the second half, but it just didn't happen until late. Perhaps he knew something we didn't, or he just isn't quite comfortable enough yet with Garrett in those situations. Hard to say.

Clevin didn't look like he did in the first 2 games, where--while not perfect he seemed to play with a sort of swagger. It was like he knew he belonged there playing the point, but tonight he just seemed hesitant and lacked confidence. He seemed that way to me from the beginning.

However, with his decent play in the first games I am inclined to say give him another chance and don't throw him under any buses after one bad game. I have the feeling he'll adjust and will be different on Monday.

Comment

Both JT and Mr. Stutz will start games. Playing time and starts are up for grabs. Sometimes it is as crucial who plays and performs at the end of the game than who starts the game.

I felt like tonight we were getting the Roos in foul trouble inside, but did not keep pounding the ball into Stutz, Clemente, and JT. Too many times we settled for not making the extra efforts and passes needed to exploit the advantage we could have had inside. However, when the Hawk, the Hatch, Hannah and Murry made the nice entry pass, the Shockers usually benefited.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by mulligan
            Give me a break. Durley is still superior to Stutz. It's not Durleys fault coach left him in for ten minutes straight to start the game. Watch any game in the country and see if a big is left in 10 minutes straight. Durley dominated the game and then guess what his legs were shot. Poor coaching.
            Durley probably didn't come out because he didn't give the tired signal.

Comment

The play where Hatch got beat and JT couldn't make the move to cut the man off is the main lapse I remember, but there were around 3-4 plays somewhat similar. I have a cast on my foot, and I am laid up in bed, but I swear I could have went to my Dr.'s appointment, got the cast off, drove to the arena, and got in the lane to help cut off that drive.

I could even see JT seeing what was going on, but he couldn't make a committment. Just like when their bigs hit some outsied shots, its like he was afraid to make a committment. I think you are better off "doing something" even if it could be wrong as opposed to just watching.

Comment

I say you got Centenary. He has earned it. Plus it will give him a confidence boast, and JT a wake up call that he isn't going to have the starting position handed to him and will have to earn it if he wants it.
                The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ
                  I say you got Centenary. He has earned it. Plus it will give him a confidence boast, and JT a wake up call that he isn't going to have the starting position handed to him and will have to earn it if he wants it.
                  I don't think J.T. gives a ****.

T

...8)

Comment

If JT would just make his mistakes at full speed, heck, just a speed then i would be a little more lenient. I think Garrett plays a lot better defense, and honestly, hes not that far behind JT on offense (yes JT is a better scorer, but thats not all offense is)
                    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

I do not think the coach can continue with an 11 player rotation, 12 when Griskenas is back. I think he will have to settle for 10 man rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        I do not think the coach can continue with an 11 player rotation, 12 when Griskenas is back. I think he will have to settle for 10 man rotation.
                        Let me guess. Some players on your 10 man roation are:
                        Clemente, Ramon
                        Stutz, Garrett
                        Murry, Toure'
                        Hatch, Graham
                        Griskenas, Mantas
                        Chamberlain, Reggie
                        Ellis, Aaron
                        Hawkins, A.J.

Others might be:
                        Durley, J.T. ?
                        Hannah, Clevin ?

Players who will ride the bench with your 10 man roation are:
                        Kyles, David
                        Steven, Brett
                        Britton, Jr., Reggie
                        Felter, Mason
                        Michael, Bret

Right? :D
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Geeesh......! Playing with a 10-12 man rotation signifies that we must really be bad...... more than an eight or nine man regular rotation spells disaster, discontinuity & lack of rhythm necessary in Dl basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by shockall
                            Geeesh......! Playing with a 10-12 man rotation signifies that we must really be bad...... more than an eight or nine man regular rotation spells disaster, discontinuity & lack of rhythm necessary in Dl basketball.
                            Which 8 men? Which 9 men?
                            Hawkins - No (good) outside shot, weak defense, one dimensional?
                            Ellis - Not playing to potential?
                            Durley - D is for defense (not)?
                            Hannah - "Let me run among the trees"?
                            Hatch - Good on defending the shot; bad on defending the drive?
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56
                              The play where Hatch got beat and JT couldn't make the move to cut the man off is the main lapse I remember....
                              When watching it live I thought JT had been pinned by his man (held) because he seemed to be pulled out of his way while the other guy drove the lane. I watched and re-watched this play on my tivo, JT turned to follow his man down the lane with his back to the ball. JT had his back turned and followed his man to the corner of the lane all without regard to the location of the ball. Most big men know how to 'clear' the lane of their defender when a guard is driving. Either you screen them off to the opposite side of the lane, or you make them chase you out of the lane. The 'chase' maneuver only works when the defender has lost sight of the ball. JT is a BIG GUY and should be aware of these moves.
                              I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

That was the most amazing sequence I have seen in a long time. I told my wife "he (JT) just turnded his back on the ball and followed his man through the lane with the UMKC guard following him to the basket." It was like a moving screen in slow motion.

Comment

Working...
                                X