I think Stutz starts next game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockerfan1
    Presonally, I think HCGM plays the player he thinks gives them the best chance for success...ALWAYS!!!! He isn't the kind of guy who starts someone simply because they aren't a freshman, or because they are...or because they have been around for a while...he starts and plays the best players always...
    Justify Clevin Hannah over Reggie Chamberlain.

Justify J.T. Durley over Garrett Stutz.

Marshall's probably still feeling this team out.

Don't think I'm banging on Marshall though. By the time Valley play and the Valley Tournament show up, he'll have this team figured out and have us set for a Valley Tournament run.

Like I've said before, when March comes, this game won't matter a bit.
    Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
    Students > Alumni
    If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
    The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
      Presonally, I think HCGM plays the player he thinks gives them the best chance for success...ALWAYS!!!! He isn't the kind of guy who starts someone simply because they aren't a freshman, or because they are...or because they have been around for a while...he starts and plays the best players always...
      Justify Clevin Hannah over Reggie Chamberlain.

Justify J.T. Durley over Garrett Stutz.

Marshall's probably still feeling this team out.

Don't think I'm banging on Marshall though. By the time Valley play and the Valley Tournament show up, he'll have this team figured out and have us set for a Valley Tournament run.

Like I've said before, when March comes, this game won't matter a bit.
      Nobody who has not been at the practices can justify anybody. At this point, the practices are where starts have been earned. Anybody can have a bad game such as Clevin Hannah did against UMKC. One game this summer, Albert Pujols went 0 - 4 with 3 strikeouts. There were some message board types in St. Louis who were ready to trade him for a batboy.

As for me, in spite of having an off game against UMKC, I still feel better with Clevin Hannah over Reggie Chamberlain. Until the UMKC game, I still felt better with J.T. starting than with Garrett. If J.T. only had a horrible game against UMKC and gets it back together, he may earn starts again before it's over. I'm more than happy to trust the coaching staff and what they see during practices.

Comment

Practice says a lot. Personally, with the exception of last game, Hannah has done a better job of running the team than Chamberlain. Reggie does too much dribbling side to side at the top of the key. Hannah did have a poor game against UMKC though.

I'd guess Stutz is making his move though as he continues to progress and put forth effort.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Fortunately I'm not the one who has to justify anyone for you fastbow...if you have a problem with HCGM maybe you should talk to him. As has been said, Coach has been practicing with these guys and it is his decision. Obviously he sees something that thinks they give the best chance for a W. Didn't work out on Wednesday and maybe Marshall will change his lineup...personally I have faith in him. Maybe you could borrow some...

Comment

Fortunately I'm not the one who has to justify anyone for you fastbow...if you have a problem with HCGM maybe you should talk to him. As has been said, Coach has been practicing with these guys and it is his decision. Obviously he sees something that thinks they give the best chance for a W. Didn't work out on Wednesday and maybe Marshall will change his lineup...personally I have faith in him. Maybe you could borrow some...
            I have just as much faith in him as you do. I'm just not willing to look at anything without questioning what and why it's happening the way it happens. You seem to think he's the be-all end-all. I think he's a great coach with a brand-new team that is still getting settled.

Like I said, come March none of this will matter.
            Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
            Students > Alumni
            If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
            The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

I have faith that he will make the right decisions. When you sit in on a practice and then they hire you, which not even a biddy ball team would, give me a call...he will get it together and I think Stutz should start...

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                :good: :good: :good: 8)

Got that right! Pound the ball inside please.
                I guess HCGM agreed :yes: 8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

He starts the next 120 or so games.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

I think Stutz starts next game.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I think Stutz earned some more starts.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

If Stutz does not start the Georgetown game----will Downtown Shocker Town be asked to leave Shockertown? After all, Stutz is only a Freshman and he is just scoring too many points and 10-13 from the field was all he could muster up for us? :D Just messing with ya Downtown. None of us was probably expecting such a solid game this early on. Stutz played hard and was strong with the ball. JT made a very nice assist to him. It was great to see the Shocks all looking for the hot hand. Very unselfish and impressive team ball. One time when Stutz made am impressive move and basket, Ramon Clemente was grinning fro ear to ear and was so happy for him. That was cool.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

I say let him play lots of minutes against teams like Georgetown. By Valley Tournament time he'll be a monster!
                          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
                            He starts the next 120 or so games.
                            :good: :clap: :yahoo:
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Yeah, so I don't normally call people out on the internet. But since it sounds like this guy reads this board I'll give him a chance to explain the comments I heard from him while walking to my car after the game.....he said...

"So everyone keeps talking about how great Stutz is on the internet...Stutz this and Stutz that, but all he did was shoot layups....."

Now that is all I heard, so I hope there was something better after that. But I thought that was the stupidest thing I heard. What do you WANT him to do? LOL
                              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                                Yeah, so I don't normally call people out on the internet. But since it sounds like this guy reads this board I'll give him a chance to explain the comments I heard from him while walking to my car after the game.....he said...

"So everyone keeps talking about how great Stutz is on the internet...Stutz this and Stutz that, but all he did was shoot layups....."

Now that is all I heard, so I hope there was something better after that. But I thought that was the stupidest thing I heard. What do you WANT him to do? LOL
                                Did you key his car? ;-) 8)

Comment

Working...
                                X