Toure Murray verbals to Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerEngr
    not to start another of those long discussions, but all else being the same, he should be able to get a higher caliber of recruit given the higher profiles of both the valley and the shocks in the last couple years.
    Some people just dont get it... there always has to be someone who believes if they read it then it must be true. So many of these recruits are given "stars" based on so many things that have nothing to do with the individual. I trust a coaches eye for talent more so than these services. let me give a few examples for those out there like yourself...

Cooz 0 stars

Acie law 0 stars

Need I continue...? I sure hope not. there is more to a basketball player than stars and hype. Pull your head out already Engr.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
      not to start another of those long discussions, but all else being the same, he should be able to get a higher caliber of recruit given the higher profiles of both the valley and the shocks in the last couple years.
      Some people just dont get it... there always has to be someone who believes if they read it then it must be true. So many of these recruits are given "stars" based on so many things that have nothing to do with the individual. I trust a coaches eye for talent more so than these services. let me give a few examples for those out there like yourself...

Cooz 0 stars

Acie law 0 stars

Need I continue...? I sure hope not. there is more to a basketball player than stars and hype. Pull your head out already Engr.
      What was wrong with Engr's post? It's a legit debatable point.

Comment

Cooz 0 stars

Acie law 0 stars

well, can you continue? alot of people know about pj being 0 star. then everyone found out the acie was a zero star after he went in the first round but seriously. name me 10 other players that anyones heard of that were 0 stars.

toure is probably great. i'm not upset, but i'm not real excited at this point ethier... maybe if he grows a few more inches, than he'll be much more appealing.
        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
          toure is probably great. i'm not upset, but i'm not real excited at this point ethier... maybe if he grows a few more inches, than he'll be much more appealing.
          How tall do you need your combo guards to be when they're starting their senior year in high school?
          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla
            How tall do you need your combo guards to be when they're starting their senior year in high school?
            The average male does not stop growing until he is 18-21 years old.
            That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
              The average male does not stop growing until he is 18-21 years old.
              Not to mention that 6'3" with long arms (according to the Eagle article) is plenty tall for the college game.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Murry is a combo guard. He's 6'3" - and some people wish he were taller?

He "only" averaged - what was it - 11 points, 5 boards and 3.5 assists - or something like that - on a HS team dominated by 2 D1 frontcourt players. He is several inches taller already than he was last year.

He's been reported to have gone from 0 D1 looks at the end of his Jr year to 25 D1's showing interest and multiple offers after his summer play. He's been described as a player whose game is developing rapidly.

Some posters here will never be happy unless every recruit is at least a 3* and is on at least 2 top-100 scouting service lists.

Marty Gross is familiar with the family and has probably been keeping an eye on Toure since Middle School.

Talk about a 0* player - Randy Burns had exactly one D1 school looking at him after his HS Sr year. Not a single D1 school other than WSU gave him a look. That didn't turn out too badly.

If you can't trust the coaches, you may as well become an MSU fan. That attitude really fits in well in Springpatch.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Cooz 0 stars

Acie law 0 stars

well, can you continue? alot of people know about pj being 0 star. then everyone found out the acie was a zero star after he went in the first round but seriously. name me 10 other players that anyones heard of that were 0 stars.

I'll bet ya I sure as hell can. let me do some work on this and get back to ya.

Comment

Lesssee....Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Tracy McGrady

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                      Murry is a combo guard. He's 6'3" - and some people wish he were taller?

He "only" averaged - what was it - 11 points, 5 boards and 3.5 assists - or something like that - on a HS team dominated by 2 D1 frontcourt players. He is several inches taller already than he was last year.

He's been reported to have gone from 0 D1 looks at the end of his Jr year to 25 D1's showing interest and multiple offers after his summer play. He's been described as a player whose game is developing rapidly.

Some posters here will never be happy unless every recruit is at least a 3* and is on at least 2 top-100 scouting service lists.

Marty Gross is familiar with the family and has probably been keeping an eye on Toure since Middle School.

Talk about a 0* player - Randy Burns had exactly one D1 school looking at him after his HS Sr year. Not a single D1 school other than WSU gave him a look. That didn't turn out too badly.

If you can't trust the coaches, you may as well become an MSU fan. That attitude really fits in well in Springpatch.
                      Outstanding post Aargh. There is absolutely no reason to doubt the coaching staff on this recruit.

There are some very astute basketball people on this board, but virtually none who have been all over the country watching players, checking into their backgrounds, talking to their coaches and visiting with the kids themselves like the coaching staff.

Now, even though there has been a very large turnover on the team and the new coaching staff will need to break in an almost new team to a new style of basketball, there are those who will expect miracles this coming year and when they don't happen, suddenly Coach Marshall will be a horrible coach. It is the nature of the armchairs quarterbacks all over the country.

I am looking forward to the season and know that I am going to get some great enjoyment from the team. They will have successes and failures, but will show improvement and in the years to come will continue to improve.

:goshocks:

Comment

Cooz 0 stars

Acie law 0 stars

I'll bet ya I sure as hell can. let me do some work on this and get back to ya.
                        Alright here is a few...

1)Andrew Bogut 2 stars utah
                        2)Jared Dudley 0 stars Boston
                        3)Patrick O'Bryant 0 stars Bradley
                        4)Nate Funk 0 Stars Creighton
                        5)Adam Morrison 0 Stars Gonzaga

The whole next final 4 team was 0 stars
                        6)Jai Lewis 0 Stars
                        7)Tony Skinn 0 stars
                        8)Folarin Campbell 0 stars
                        9)Will thomas 0 stars

ok thats 9. If rivals and scout went back further than they did I'm sure I could find plenty more. hell I'm sure if i spent a little more time id find more as is but i am growing tired of looking. To think that george mason team that went to the final four was made up of pretty much 0 star kids is pretty impressive. What about that kid that played for Miami Ohio that took them deep in the tourny? Dont know what he was rated because the sites dont go back that far but id be willing to bet he was less than a 3 star. Anyways I hope I've proven my point... Probably not but I hope so.

Comment

What about the other way around? There's plenty of 16-Star busts out there. JaRon Rush, Korleone Young, etc...
                          Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

What about the other way around? There's plenty of 16-Star busts out there. JaRon Rush, Korleone Young, etc...
                            That's true, but most coaches would still rather take a chance on those guys than some little known player. Coach sees something that he like in Toure, so that's why they offered.

And for the team being basically new and having to learn a new system, there are probably more advantages to that than disadvantages. Most of the new team never played in the old system, so they don't have to change. The new guys coming in, freshman and jucos alike, both will have to learn a new system, but knew that a year ago. The remaining 5 or so will have to start over, but will probably adapt well to this system.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers
                              Lesssee....Scottie Pippen, Dennis Rodman, Tracy McGrady
                              I need proof on McGrady from what I remember everyone knew he was going straight to the NBA which would intern mean he had quite a few stars

Comment

While I am not aware that there were any star ratings in the early 1980s, lets not forget that the XMan was not a top recruit when WSU discovered him. The coaching staff went to South Carolina to scout Tyrone Corbin, the blue chip prospect from his school.

Definitely not the high profile candidate that Carr and Levingston were.
                                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Working...
                                X