Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to cover the old ball coach's schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone going to cover the old ball coach's schedule?

old ball coach in this sense = Turgeon

Old Ball Coach in every other sense = Spurrier

Personally I will follow T A&M closely but I will not report anything here. Quite simply, we have bigger fish to fry.

Comment

Re: Anyone going to cover the old ball coach's schedule?

Originally posted by JohnDorian

I nominate you!
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

who the hell is Turgeon
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I hope not.
          In the fast lane

Comment

I'm sure you can find an Aggie board somewhere. But I don't figure there'll be much said about him on here from now on.

Comment

Mike Cohens coaching again? :D
              I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234

who the hell is Turgeon
                Man, sour apples.

We should be thanking Turgeon for his service to the university and what he did. He left it in a much better place and in a position where WSU could hire a man of Marshall caliber.

Comment

I will probably check some scores if I happen to be listening to radio or watching TV when they're announced.

I will check the aTm scores about the way I check KU scores. The most entertainment I can find from any KU or (now) any aTm scores is checking out their boards after an unexpected loss.

I appreciate what Turgeon did while he was here, but he's gone and now he's just another coach in another league.

I'm a WSU fan. This year Turgeon has about as much significance to me as Eddie Fogler.

I hate to say this, but it's better for WSU and the MVC if Turgeon tanks at aTm. That could help top Valley coaches stay in the Valley longer.
                  The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                  We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I hate to say this, but it's better for WSU and the MVC if Turgeon tanks at aTm. That could help top Valley coaches stay in the Valley longer.
                    One has nothing to do with the other. D1 Coaches will not allow someone elses failures to dictate their future. The confidence in their skills which got them where they are would prohibit that. If they stay it's because they feel it's right for them from a career perspective and it's right for their family. What coach B did at XYZ U. will have no impact on that type of decision.

Comment

If coaches were to notice a trend that moving on is career suicide, it may become difficult to attract good coaches in the first place. We have to face the facts that other than a few exceptions, most coaches want to climb to the top of the coaching tree. If they begin to look at the MVC as a dead branch on the tree, they may not want to come here.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ol' Badass Balla

I nominate you!
                        I second the nomination!
                        KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                        Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

BTW, in case anyone else is curious, I did a google search on this guy and this is what I could find:

Which one are we talking about? By the looks of these guys, I wouldn't want to bump into either of them in a dark alley if you know what I mean..
                          KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                          Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

I think the FORMER COACH'S NAME should forever be banned from this board.

Any coach who would take a recruit wtih him to his new school does NOT deserve to be talked about on this board .

He got paid well for his poor performance here (he had one good year, a few mediocre years and a few bad years).

Comment

Originally posted by shox1989
                              I think the FORMER COACH'S NAME should forever be banned from this board.

Any coach who would take a recruit wtih him to his new school does NOT deserve to be talked about on this board .

He got paid well for his poor performance here (he had one good year, a few mediocre years and a few bad years).
                              He had a winning record every year except his first (picked to finish last and finished 9th) and his second (finished .500). This is after 10 years, three coaches, and one year above .500. His highlights (top 10 ranking and a sweet 16) were the best this school has seen in over 20 years. After all of that a top 10 team in a BCS conference asked for his services. I would hardly call that a poor performance.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X