Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone going to cover the old ball coach's schedule?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turgeon did a good job while he was here, and left us much better than he found us. It helped to have such a good Athletic Director in Jim Shauas that could support him in his endeavors to build the program up here. Turgeon lifted the program up, and he did it the right way.

He increased wins each year except the last one. How many coaches can do that for 6 years straight? WSU, regardless of what some posters think, is not a Basketball dynasty, and probably never will be, but we might catch some Gonzaga reflections in the future if we continue to rise. Some of our limitations are due to circumstances with the school, like number of students, budget, etc..

I do think that Marshall is the right coach to keep us on the rise now, and that Marshall will produce faster results now than Turgeon could. I think Marshall is more flexible in his style of play, and will be better at bench coaching.

Comment

Are people still posting the same opinions over and over in this thread? Have we not covered this already? Has everyone not already stated a thousand times what their opinion is on turg and his departure? Why do so many of you feel the need to repost the same thing time and time again? Lets let this thread go already... You know what they say about opinions after all... What I'm getting at is nobody is going to change anyone opinions about this so let it go already.

Comment

So the questions remains to be answered: Anyone going to cover the old ball coach's schedule?

Comment

Originally posted by TurFin
          A couple of responses and then a story.

ABC...Mark's dad is happy for Mark. Whoever you talked to that said Mark's Dad was "thrilled" with the move must have been making assumptions. To say the move was thrilling for anyone within the Turgeon family is a stretch. The family had a lot invested emotionally in WSU. We were happy for Mark on the move, but it wasn't without some serious remorse for WSU as well.
          Yes, I know it wasn't an easy decision for MT and Anne.

Turfin, the fact the you and many others of your character are now WSU fans is exhibit #1 as to MT's value to WSU.

There is absolutely no question that the continuing increased coverage of all things WSU in Topeka, KC and northeast Kansas is largely b/c of MT and the resurgence of WSU basketball.

The comment made to me was just like many of the other comments WSU fans have had to endure for eons from those who can't base their fan perspectives on their school, but whose support for their school is based on a foundation made of the "inferior" schools. To me it is either an utter lack of self esteem or utter narcissism. I am used to it. It was a jab at me and WSU, and it was not something to prop Mark up. MT leaving was just a tool for this gentlemen to throw another jab at WSU and belittle it.

As a WSU alum I take it personally. It is personal when someone insults your alma mater.

I may be just as guilty by using MT to throw it right back in this guys face.

For those who know me, I am not some thin-skinned arrogant WSU fan.

MT did wonderful things for WSU. We will be reaping the benefits for years and years and years. GM's hire is prosecution's evidence exhibit #2.

Comment

Working...
          X