• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will lose it, if he goes else where
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234
      I will lose it, if he goes else where
      After last year's embarrassment and now this I already feel "lost". The best thing we can is continue to support the program in every way possible. Good things are happening despite the bad luck.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox
        I disagree. I still think he will be a Shocker (in 2010).
        I'm with tropicalshox on this one. I still like our chances of seeing EO in Shocker uniform. HCGM will not let him go without a damn tough effort by the Shocks to keep him in the fold. Between HCGM's charisma and thinking that there is at least some sense of loyalty and fairness in EO I think it is way to early to write EO off.

If it doesn't work out for the Shocks, then so be it, and we move onward and upward without EO. Would be nice to have EO, but I don't think HCGM is going to let the EO situation diminish his desire and drive to build a winning program. In fact, it probably will just make him more determined than ever.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Originally posted by tropicalshox
          I disagree. I still think he will be a Shocker (in 2010).
          I'm with tropicalshox on this one. I still like our chances of seeing EO in Shocker uniform. HCGM will not let him go without a damn tough effort by the Shocks to keep him in the fold. Between HCGM's charisma and thinking that there is at least some sense of loyalty and fairness in EO I think it is way to early to write EO off.

If it doesn't work out for the Shocks, then so be it, and we move onward and upward without EO. Would be nice to have EO, but I don't think HCGM is going to let the EO situation diminish his desire and drive to build a winning program. In fact, it probably will just make him more determined than ever.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:
          Nicely put. 2 years is a long time, but I still put it at 50/50 or better.

Comment

What would upset me more would be, if after going to Three Rivers, EO wound up at another school because that school was about to get his exit exam from Nigeria.

Comment

It's ok guys. We're still gonna win the league this year! :clap:
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I hope you guys are right about him coming back. I don't have any hard facts but believe it is more often than not that a player going to juco doesn't go back to the original D1 school he signed with in the first place.

someone should call Randy Smithson on this subject.

Comment

I say there's an 80% chance that EO dons the black and gold (yellow).
                  I'm not worried and I'll bet HCGM is shaving morning, noon, and night.

:good: :good:
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

David Kyles, Toure Murray, A.J. Hawkins, Clevin Hannah, Reggie Chamberlain, Gabe Blair, Kenny Manigault....
                    You guys still aren't convinced?
                    I don't count GM short when it comes to these matters.
                    After what he has accomplished, I wouldn't think anyone else would dare think negative.
                    Give me a break. 8)
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Marshall has proven he can flat out recruit by the list of names above. The talent level will continue to increase and good things will happen here. The Ehimen news is still disappointing but we still have a hell of a lot of talent on the court at the Chuck this year. It should still be a fun ride.
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

well plus the fact that orupke said in the article that he wants to be a shocker, the way everyone says he is about being a really nice guy who is loyal, i dont doubt the fact he will be a shocker and i say we will get those papers this year and look at it this way, atleast he can still play d-1 american basketball and get used to it for a year and come in next year with kj and dominate.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker856
                          well plus the fact that orupke said in the article that he wants to be a shocker, the way everyone says he is about being a really nice guy who is loyal, i dont doubt the fact he will be a shocker and i say we will get those papers this year and look at it this way, atleast he can still play d-1 american basketball and get used to it for a year and come in next year with kj and dominate.
                          By all means, do not forget about Gabe Blair. He is, as they say on the playground, a *****. 8)
                          Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockRef
                            Originally posted by shocker856
                            By all means, do not forget about Gabe Blair. He is, as they say on the playground, a *****. 8)
                            umm thats not a good thing unless you forgot to add "not" in your sentence then by all means carry on

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                              Marshall has proven he can flat out recruit by the list of names above. The talent level will continue to increase and good things will happen here. The Ehimen news is still disappointing but we still have a hell of a lot of talent on the court at the Chuck this year. It should still be a fun ride.
                              Amen. I have to say that if EO doesn't come, I'll be a bit sad... hasn't it been such an emotional roller coaster with him this year for everyone? It would be a shame if he didn't eventually make it here. Maybe his jr. year when his skills have been honed at 3 Rivers, and Garrett's skills have also improved--look out.

In the meantime, I'll be watching his career at the JUCO level for sure.

I just love the fact that we're being so overlooked. I think people are going to be suprised--unless of course they live in Wichita! I just love the underdog--and we're it.

Comment

One of the reasons a lot of guys who go JuCo don't go to the school that originally recruited them is that it changes that school's recruiting needs.

The only guys we have to play the 5 this year - and next - are Stutz and Durley. If Marshall recruits a 2009 or 2010 5 that looks like a serviceable backup to Stutz, then there's not as much need for Orukpe coming out of JuCo.

Even if Orukpe came back in 2010, there needs to be a Fr 5 that year. If that Fr can handle some minutes, then Orukpe might not fit into the recruiting plans as well.

Marshall certainly looks like he's recruiting players who can handle some minutes as Fr.
                                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                                X