Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With your off-year last year, I admit I haven't seen most of your players.
    Unfortunately, neither have we.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Greg Monroe is a beast - saw him play in a Houston high school tournament if it's the same guy - he was from Louisiana. Reminded me of Greg Oden.

Comment

Good morning Shocker fans! I don't have too much to add to Hoya99's beakdown of our team other than we are exited to be a part of this loaded OSC tournament and we are looking foward to playing you guys. I'm afraid I'm fairly ignorant of your current team but Witchita St has a good reputation.

Feel free to stop by our board and join in on the discussion
        Extensive selection of high-quality domain names. Knowledgeable, friendly customer support.

Hoya Saxa!

Comment

Hoya Ghost: Thanks for the invite. The GU board doesn't seem to have any discussion about the Old Spice event. I'm sure this will change in the future.

If you looked at our board, you probably noticed that we already have injuries. http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtop...er=asc&start=0 These are (in order of importance):

Ramon Clemente - He paases out while running stairs. I think the doctors are being very careful before clearing him. He may not be able to practice for some time. He should be the heart and soul of our team this year.

AJ Hawkins - "has barely been healthy since arriving, is in a boot, and again not playing"

Ehimen Orukpe - Still needs to be cleared by the NCAA Clearing House. Hopefully not a big problem.

JT Durley - Broken foot

Mantas Griskenas - Still recovering from surgery.
          Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
            Hoya Ghost: Thanks for the invite. The GU board doesn't seem to have any discussion about the Old Spice event. I'm sure this will change in the future.

If you looked at our board, you probably noticed that we already have injuries. http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtop...er=asc&start=0 These are (in order of importance):

Ramon Clemente - He paases out while running stairs. I think the doctors are being very careful before clearing him. He may not be able to practice for some time. He should be the heart and soul of our team this year.

AJ Hawkins - "has barely been healthy since arriving, is in a boot, and again not playing"

Ehimen Orukpe - Still needs to be cleared by the NCAA Clearing House. Hopefully not a big problem.

JT Durley - Broken foot

Mantas Griskenas - Still recovering from surgery.
            Oh its there, you just have to dig a little to find it

Sucks to hear about injuries, especially with Clemente you don't want that to be something serious

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
              Hoya Ghost: Thanks for the invite. The GU board doesn't seem to have any discussion about the Old Spice event.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

i believe clemente averaged 7.9 boards a game. so closer to 8.
                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                  Greg Monroe is a beast - saw him play in a Houston high school tournament if it's the same guy - he was from Louisiana. Reminded me of Greg Oden.
                  and yes, monroe is a beast. i'm scared of him. i hope our bigs can play good D without fouling too much.

summers and sapp are studs too.

we'll have our hands full.
                  hopefully we will be healthy for this event.
                  veni, vidi, vici

Comment

this will be a nice good test for our young team, which in the long haul will make their a better team
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

There's still lots of variables to consider in the 4 months prior to this game being played. That's why I'll hold off on a poll for now. But honestly, anyone who thinks we can win this game is.. well.. :roll:
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        There's still lots of variables to consider in the 4 months prior to this game being played. That's why I'll hold off on a poll for now. But honestly, anyone who thinks we can win this game is.. well.. :roll:
                        HCGM: "Well, we don't really have a chance in this game. I want you to play hard but don't get hurt and don't worry if we lose by 50 or 60 points." :roll:
                        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                          Same guy.

He was ranked #1 in the class until a senior year where his HS team won a state title, but he didn't impress in a couple of All-Star and televised games. He's not a Michael Beasley type in terms of pure scoring dominance -- his game is a lot like Jeff Green's.

As for the game, it is November. Anything can happen in March, but in November, really anything can happen. It's likely to be our first real game (we'll probably play a couple of teams with no significant chance of upsetting us before then). I'm sure we'll be favored, but even ignoring the teams, the timing makes the game a little harder to predict.

Comment

We feel the same way. I believe we get one game in against some school we should easily beat before heading to Orlando. The Shox are also a team that will be much different in March than they are in November. But we're excited as this may be the deepest, most talented team we've seen since the 80's.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              so much for holding off.

Comment

I would say that there is a good chance that Orukpe may see more action that Stutz against the Hoyas, since defense will be a key under the basket.

Comment

Working...
                                X