This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Spice opponent named

SInce Valleytalk is down, I thought I'd place this here.

According to Jeff ******* at Fox, you guys open the tourney with Georgetown....

G'Town is a tough first game for a young team. Who did they lose and who do they bring back?
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Gtown will be young, but they have a lot coming in next year. At least they lost their big man Hibbard to the NBA.
      Preseason rank will be around 15 or so.

Comment

That Tennessee v Siena game should be a good one. I'm really looking forward to this tournament.

Comment

They lost 2 starters, Roy Hibbert and Jonathen Wallace, as well as Patrick Ewing Jr. (role player - 22mpg) and Tyler Crawford (limited PT).
          Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

I don't know much about their recruiting class but they return 3 very good players (Sapp - PG/SG), (Freemen - SG) and (Summers - PF). Both Sapp and Freemen can really stroke the 3. Well atleast they could before they moved the line back.
            Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Hopefully the guys are ready to compete. I'd be a lot more scared of them if Hibbert were still around.

Can't wait for ShockerMadness to get a good look. That's too far away. Hopefully I'll catch some more summer games to get me even more excited than I already am.

I also look forward to seeing the Tenn/Siena game. That should be a good one. I believe Siena returns quite a bit.
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                I also look forward to seeing the Tenn/Siena game. That should be a good one. I believe Siena returns quite a bit.
                All 5 starters from a team that upset Vandy in the tourney. They could be dangerous.

Comment

Siena only lost one player that played significant minutes for them last year. They will give Tennessee all they want and more.

Comment

Georgetown has the #1 in the class of 08: Greg Monroe

Comment

Georgetown's style recently has been a slower pace, so if the Shockers can stay close anything can happen...

Comment

So if the Shox can get out and push 'em early, it could throw G'Town off their game??? We know Marshall wants to play good D to lead to easy baskets on fast breaks. And we have the athleticism to do it.

Sometimes, teams that don't like to get out and run can get very frustrated and fall apart when that's what they have to do. If our youngsters can do that to the Hoyas, who knows what could happen...
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Originally posted by fifbum
                          Georgetown's style recently has been a slower pace, so if the Shockers can stay close anything can happen...
                          Yep. It's true. They're like the Southern Illinois of the Big East. They hardly blow anybody out, but they win.

I like the optimism regarding Shocker basketball in the next 2-3 years, but next year is still gonna be a difficult year on the ol' record. So please let's not get ahead of ourselves.

We'll be lucky to get a win in this thing.

I Wish this one and Maui were pushed one more year back..
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by shocks771
                            Siena only lost one player that played significant minutes for them last year. They will give Tennessee all they want and more.
                            Sounds familiar..

Maybe kinda like a certain Valley team from 06 going into 07.. :roll:
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              Originally posted by shocks771
                              Sounds familiar..

Maybe kinda like a certain Valley team from 06 going into 07.. :roll:
                              Siena's team is completely different than WSU's was after our Sweet 16 run. Here are significant returners from last year's team and their stats.

Edwin Ubiles- 6'6" Jr. G/F- 17.0ppg, 4.4rpg
                              Kenny Hasbrouck- 6'3" Sr. G- 16.1ppg, 3.3rpg, 2.2apg
                              Alex Franklin- 6'5" Jr. F- 15.1ppg, 7.8rpg
                              Ronald Moore- 6'0" Jr. G- 8.6ppg, 4.1rpg, 5.3apg

The only players they lost were:
                              Tay Fisher- 5'9" G- 8.0ppg, 1.2rpg, 0.7apg
                              Chris De La Rosa- 5'9" G- 2.5ppg, 0.6rpg, 1.5apg

They return 86% of their scoring, 95% of their rebounding and 85% of their assist providers.

WSU lost our only inside presence when Paul Miller graduated. Sure we had Kyle Wilson and Ryan Martin, but Kyle always played better facing the basket and Ryan was undersized. We had no inside depth.

Height does appear to be Siena's weakness on paper as they have no players above 6'9" on their team. However, they did not have any height last year either and they did just fine. All I know is that they are a very good team that returns every starter from a NCAA team.

Comment

Working...
                              X