No announcement yet.

Baylor vs. Wichita St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not sure you can really compare Rogers to PJ....
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Kevin Rogers is a taller PJ
      Kevin Rogers, 6'9", 240 - the taller part is correct.

12.8 ppg, 52.5 FG%, 0/0 3FG, 7.6 rebounds, .9 blocks, .5 steals, .9 assists, 2.2 TO's.

I don't see the comparison to PJ by looking at stats, which (unfortunately) is the only thing I have to look at..
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Rogers isn't near as versatile as PJ. He's a post player and that's pretty much it.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Pj averaged only 11pg and less than 6 rpg, 2apg and more than 2 turnovers per game. The only thing I see PJ did better was 3pt shooting.

Comment

I think an Apple is a more versatile fruit than an Orange cause you can eat the skin. On the other hand, the Orange helps prevent scurvy.

Comment

The Baylor Bears have some talent, no question.

The key for Baylor is consistency. I like Baylor's scoring potential on the perimeter. The Bears have several players who are capable of getting hot in a hurry. They have five different players (Jerrels, Dugat, Bruce, Carter, Rogers) who scored 25+ points in at least one game last season. But remember the consistency thing? None of these players reached that figure in more than two contests.

The Bears are raw in the paint. If Rogers stays under control he can be a beast, but he can also turn the ball over eight times and completely disappear from games. They struggle against well-organized teams that don't turn the ball over.

The Bears don't win many low-scoring games, either. They only won two games when they didn't score 70+ points last season.

It bodes well for the Shockers if they can slow the pace a little and keep the game in the high 60s or low 70s. The defense needs to be there. If the Bears shoot below 40% they won't win. But if you leave them open, they can torch you. The Bears scored over 90 points 10 times last season, and are only getting better.

If Baylor is scoring the ball, they'll be a handful for anyone, especially a team replacing as much as the Shockers. Both teams will probably finish this stretch 1-1, because whoever wins this game almost certainly gets Notre Dame, while the loser gets to beat up on Monmouth.

You can now see that this was an extremely slow day at work.
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

Originally posted by 60Shock
                I think an Apple is a more versatile fruit than an Orange cause you can eat the skin. On the other hand, the Orange helps prevent scurvy.

So who is the apple and who is the orange? All this still doesnt answer the question who stole the strawberries?

Lt. Cmdr. Philip Francis Queeg

:goshocks: :D :posterwu: :D :posterwsu: :D 8) 8)
                I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Considering all their talent, Baylor really underachieved last year. So far Drew seems to be the Mack Brown (pre-2005) of Texas basketball - great recruiter who can't win the big games. You can possibly argue that their talent was young last year, but considering this is college basketball, that's a tough sell. Take a spin over to BaylorFans and you'll see they share the sentiment. What really surprised me last year is that it appeared they started to come together at the end of the probation-shortened year, but for some reason it didn't carry over into last season.

In other news, Waco is a 40min drive from Matt's hometown, and yet you play them in....St. Thomas. Go figure.

Comment

Putting Ellis into our mix now might change the complexion of the game a little.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                      Originally posted by 60Shock

So who is the apple and who is the orange? All this still doesnt answer the question who stole the strawberries?

Lt. Cmdr. Philip Francis Queeg

:goshocks: :D :posterwu: :D :posterwsu: :D 8) 8)
                      Perhaps the mess boys pilfered the strawberries. Or, some bright boy made a key. You may be forced to strip all hands. :shock:
                      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Baylor schedule

Originally posted by Calshockfan
                        Baylor's win total was helped immensely by an 11-3 record against a weak non conference schedule.

They return 5 starters who performed poorly against good competition. They had some close games against some good teams. So what. The same could be said of all the lower ranked teams in the MVC. Baylor was also soundly thrashed in some of its games.

I see nothing in their record or prospects for 2007-2008 that warrants such a confident prediction by KC at this point. In spite of all the changes in personnel, I believe the Shox will win this one. If I am wrong KC can certainly say I told you so, but I believe his prediction has little merit.
                        After checking the results of Baylor's schedule last year, it's quite clear that they had an inflated number of wins. Only two good wins, 3 pts over TX Tech (at BU) and 4 pts over Ok St (at BU). Not to mention getting drilled by over 20 points at Syracuse. 10 of the 15 wins were against very weak teams.

Comment

Two things that will help WSU in this game are scouting and game preparation. WSU can look at a lot of Baylor film, develop a game plan and prepare players for what Baylor is likely to do.

It's going to be tough to do any scouting, film work or develop a game plan against WSU early in the season.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
                            Two things that will help WSU in this game are scouting and game preparation. WSU can look at a lot of Baylor film, develop a game plan and prepare players for what Baylor is likely to do.

It's going to be tough to do any scouting, film work or develop a game plan against WSU early in the season.
                            It's going to be tough to cheer Shocker players by name.
                            Go Ramon - oops, Go Mantas
                            Great dunk, Gris-----CANE---us
                            Great three, Brett ... um, Aaron ... oops, Great three Graham
                            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

from collegehoops

"Baylor is going to have a very underrated perimeter group. Curtis Jerrells is one of the best all-around guards in the conference and Aaron Bruce is a very good scorer. Henry Dugat also averaged double-figures in points, while the diminutive Demond Carter can also fill it up. Throw in big-time recruit Lacedarius Dunn and the Bears are absolutely stocked at the guards and on the wings. They are going to be difficult to match-up with, in terms of depth and talent in the backcourt."

Comment

BU's starting center out for 8 weeks.

Comment

Working...
                                X