Baylor vs. Wichita St.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KC will do it too !!!

At this time there are to many "unknowns" to make a accurate prediction.

So I say - We can win this one and we can lose this one.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      KC will do it too !!!

I'm with you ASM. I don't know enough about this team to think that we can win the game, but that same uncertainty means I can't predict we will lose either. Even without all the changes we have gone through, this one would be hard to predict this early, so anyone making predictions shouldn't say "I told you so" (on either side) because everyone making predictions is just guessing at this point.
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

I told you ...errr never mind.

Comment

KC will do it too !!!

There are far more 'unknowns' on the WSU side of things than there are on the Baylor side. They have a strong nucleus coming back from a 15-16 team last year that pretty much played everyone in the Big 12 very competitively. They have four guys returning who averaged 11 points or more per game.

Although they lost to Texas 3 times last year, those losses were by a combined 11 points. The only key player they lost was a guy who averaged 6 PPG.

I believe their is enough information out there to make an accurate prediction. They are in far better shape than we are.

Comment

So KC by knowing one side of the equation you can determine the winner. I believe you just have a wild guess like anyone else. That is maybe why they play the games ratther than just calling you for the results.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
              KC will do it too !!!

There are far more 'unknowns' on the WSU side of things than there are on the Baylor side. They have a strong nucleus coming back from a 15-16 team last year that pretty much played everyone in the Big 12 very competitively. They have four guys returning who averaged 11 points or more per game.

Although they lost to Texas 3 times last year, those losses were by a combined 11 points. The only key player they lost was a guy who averaged 6 PPG.

I believe their is enough information out there to make an accurate prediction. They are in far better shape than we are.
              KC: If WSU should happen to beat Baylor, how will you explain this? I assume that you mean a correct prediction when you say "an accurate prediction." If I am wrong, then please explain the meaning of "an accurate prediction" to us. If you just mean a reasonable prediction, then I agree with you but then predicting WSU will win is also a reasonable prediction.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Well, reading about Baylor's individual players did seem more impressive, and WSU has so many unknowns at this point that saying anything at all about the game is almost impossible.

But, Baylor's 15-16 record last year is not impressive, IMO., so maybe their players are overhyped a little.

Comment

Originally posted by derbycpa
                  So KC by knowing one side of the equation you can determine the winner. I believe you just have a wild guess like anyone else. That is maybe why they play the games ratther than just calling you for the results.
                  I don't think I made a wild guess. Baylor pretty much returns their starting lineup, 4 players averaging over 11 PPG, have upperclassman leadership and have a pretty decent recruiting class. I know it's cliche' to say so but IMO, was the best 15-16 team in the nation last year when you look at all the close losses they had in the Big 12.

The other side of the equation has already been addressed by me. New coach, new scheme, 1 returning starter averaging over 10 PPG and two to three potential starters for the Shox who have never played D1 ball. All this spells rebuilding. The 'unknowns' for the Shox in order to get a victory is this:

Our JUCO guys in November will experience no learning curve whatsoever to D1 ball and will immediately demonstrate to be scoring machines. In November, the Shox will know Coach Marshall's offensive and defensive schemes like the back of their hands. If the Shox overcome these two challenges, then I'll say 'pick-em'.

It's pretty clear to me who comes into the game in better shape. If the two teams situations were reversed, I'd pick the Shox for the same reasons. I'm not getting a head start on bashing the Shox, I'm simply killing the lull in the summer and made a prediction based on what is 'on paper'.

You're right, that's why the game is decided on the court and strange things do occur. Even Vegas gets it wrong. But I believe I present a fairly decent arguement. Please send me a rebuttal, I'll keep an open mind.

Comment

Baylor's win total was helped immensely by an 11-3 record against a weak non conference schedule.

They return 5 starters who performed poorly against good competition. They had some close games against some good teams. So what. The same could be said of all the lower ranked teams in the MVC. Baylor was also soundly thrashed in some of its games.

I see nothing in their record or prospects for 2007-2008 that warrants such a confident prediction by KC at this point. In spite of all the changes in personnel, I believe the Shox will win this one. If I am wrong KC can certainly say I told you so, but I believe his prediction has little merit.

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
                      Originally posted by derbycpa
                      I don't think I made a wild guess. Baylor pretty much returns their starting lineup, 4 players averaging over 11 PPG, have upperclassman leadership and have a pretty decent recruiting class. I know it's cliche' to say so but IMO, was the best 15-16 team in the nation last year when you look at all the close losses they had in the Big 12.

The other side of the equation has already been addressed by me. New coach, new scheme, 1 returning starter averaging over 10 PPG and two to three potential starters for the Shox who have never played D1 ball. All this spells rebuilding. The 'unknowns' for the Shox in order to get a victory is this:

Our JUCO guys in November will experience no learning curve whatsoever to D1 ball and will immediately demonstrate to be scoring machines. In November, the Shox will know Coach Marshall's offensive and defensive schemes like the back of their hands. If the Shox overcome these two challenges, then I'll say 'pick-em'.

It's pretty clear to me who comes into the game in better shape. If the two teams situations were reversed, I'd pick the Shox for the same reasons. I'm not getting a head start on bashing the Shox, I'm simply killing the lull in the summer and made a prediction based on what is 'on paper'.

You're right, that's why the game is decided on the court and strange things do occur. Even Vegas gets it wrong. But I believe I present a fairly decent arguement. Please send me a rebuttal, I'll keep an open mind.
                      I wish returning 4 starters meant something these days, but after last year I guess it doesn't. Cause that's how many starters we returned off a SWEET 16 team and we saw how that went. Returning 4 starters from a mediocre team doesn't exactly guarantee them a win. I agree with the others that said you can't really argue one way or another right now and have much to support you.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Not that this means anything but it is about the bears. Curious to hear from the baylor fans on how accurate thier preview is.

Shocker fan since December 28th, 2005!

Comment

As the old joke used to be with KSU football, the good news is that everyone is back. The bad news is that, well, everyone is back.

I think BU is well coached. I also partly agree with KC in that if you were forced to set a line today you would have to instill BU as a favorite.

However, there is a long time between today and that game.

Anyone that underestimates this coach and by extension this program is treading into deep waters, imho.

Comment

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Not that this means anything but it is about the bears. Curious to hear from the baylor fans on how accurate thier preview is.

I disagree with the preview. I think they will finish higher than 9th in the Big 12. Also I think BU will be in the NIT this year. Kevin Rogers is a taller PJ, and Baylor also has two McDonalds All-Americans on the roster (probably will not contribute much this year). Starting guards are BU's strength.
                            I am not making a prediction yet, because I have no idea what to expect from the Shox.

Comment

Kevin Rogers a taller PJ? No way.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                                I think BU is well coached. I also partly agree with KC in that if you were forced to set a line today you would have to instill BU as a favorite.

However, there is a long time between today and that game.
                                I agree; right now, picking Baylor would be a good choice. However I think WSU has a strong chance to win since
                                Originally posted by WuDrWu
                                Anyone that underestimates this coach and by extension this program is treading into deep waters, imho.
                                Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
                                Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Working...
                                X