Christian Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Unfortunatley, no. He had a long and successful NBA career and his silhouette no graces our grey uniforms.
    Perhaps he could be given a new scholarship under the name "Clark Kent" :)
    The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Heard from a pretty good source Dominic Woodson, the #6 C in the nation for 2013 will be at Sunrise next year.

Trop, can you confirm?

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
        Heard from a pretty good source Dominic Woodson, the #6 C in the nation for 2013 will be at Sunrise next year.

Trop, can you confirm?
        6'9" and 255 is pretty nice size for a HS kid. Rivals has him at #27 overall. And appears to be the #2 Center on their list. It'd be pretty cool if Sunrise could keep getting talents like this, if it's true he'll be there. Offers from UConn, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, TCU, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UTEP and Vandy with looks from Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and aTm.

Getting a number of kids in Wichita with this kind of attention may help with scheduling some...
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
          6'9" and 255 is pretty nice size for a HS kid. Rivals has him at #27 overall. And appears to be the #2 Center on their list. It'd be pretty cool if Sunrise could keep getting talents like this, if it's true he'll be there. Offers from UConn, Illinois, Maryland, Michigan State, TCU, Texas Tech, Tulsa, UTEP and Vandy with looks from Kansas, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Texas and aTm.

Getting a number of kids in Wichita with this kind of attention may help with scheduling some...
          It is possible that is has already helped our recruiting, I suppose.
          "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
            It is possible that is has already helped our recruiting, I suppose.
            That crossed my mind. Except I believe he'd be gone before Tennessee ever stepped foot in Wichita.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

That crossed my mind. Except I believe he'd be gone before Tennessee ever stepped foot in Wichita.
              I thought of that as well, but Sunrise might have gotten Tennessee's attention beyond Woodson. Or maybe it has nothing to do with recruiting. Who knows?
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                I thought of that as well, but Sunrise might have gotten Tennessee's attention beyond Woodson. Or maybe it has nothing to do with recruiting. Who knows?
                Fair point. There are other kids at Sunrise who may have a high ceiling. I hope that continues. It'd also be nice if Word of God/Life whichever could start getting some higher level kids.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Fair point. There are other kids at Sunrise who may have a high ceiling. I hope that continues. It'd also be nice if Word of God/Life whichever could start getting some higher level kids.
                  Word of Life

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                    Heard from a pretty good source Dominic Woodson, the #6 C in the nation for 2013 will be at Sunrise next year.

Trop, can you confirm?
                    Woodson is going to Huntington Prep.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• larry dennis has transferd from east high to go there as well.

Comment

• Larry Dennis is quite a talent. I have seen Sunrise play and would be surprised if they don't have the best High School team in Kansas this coming Season. If not the best, they will be among them.
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Dennis' current offers are from Denver, North Texas and Western Kentucky. Here is the article about his transfer to Sunrise:

In the fast lane

Comment

• his old teammate jalen love is at denver now

Comment

• Update on Sunrise Players:

Raphael Akpejiori (Miami, FL) - 10 games, 1.0 ppg, 1.7 rpg. 41% fg, 33% ft.

Buddy Hield (OU) - 9.4 ppg, 4.8 rpg, 2.1 apg, 1.2 spg, 41% fg, 85% ft, 33% 3pg. (First guy I thought might go to WSU. First one proving to have a future in D-1)

Gabe Olaseni (Iowa) - 3.1 ppg, 3.0 rpg, 1.1 bpg, 50% fg, 72% ft.

Comment

• Why, is EO in jeopardy of losing his credentials and therefore his eligibility. What does Christian Academy have to with Wichita State? If it doesn't pertain to Wichita State then it is not relevant. Why are you so concerned about such things. Are you afraid that EO will have to leave Wichita State. (there is only about 4 mos. left in the school year). Frankly, iv'e looked at what you say and i still don't understand what you are talking about. Does anybody know?

Comment

Working...
                                X