Christian Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christian Academy

I do not understand Christian Academy's role in the EO process.

1. I presume it will teach him.
    2. If earned, does CA convey a diploma?
    3. Does CA have access to EO's Nigerian transcripts?
    4. If everything goes well, what documents are presented to the clearinghouse on EO's behalf? Diploma, transcripts, ACT test score?
    5. Does EO take an entrance exam such as the ACT?

If anyone has an intimate knowledge of how it works, I would appreciate you post on this subject.

Thanks.

From what I have heard, EO has to get a GED to get stuff cleared up with the NCAA clearing house because some of the tests are stuck on a desk in Nigeria.

Comment

Okay, so here's the best guess as to why everything has gone down the way it has:

1. Ehimen took his test, but for whatever reason (corruption, red tape) the official test results were unavailable or incomplete.
      2. After already having him sit out a year, WSU decided to pursue getting him a student visa without officially qualifying, thus the need for help from Tiahrt's office).
      3. Part of the agreement was that he would take the GED test over the summer to get qualified, so WSU did some checking and their friends at SCA told them they could get it done. Plus, this gave them impetus to get Ehimen out of Nigeria before something else went wrong.

Just speculation, but educated speculation.
      :clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:

Comment

Orupke

Didn't I heard GM say on one of the radio shows this morning that Orupke took the SAT test & scored very well on it? I surely do remember him saying that Ehimem is very bright.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock
          Okay, so here's the best guess as to why everything has gone down the way it has:

1. Ehimen took his test, but for whatever reason (corruption, red tape) the official test results were unavailable or incomplete.
          2. After already having him sit out a year, WSU decided to pursue getting him a student visa without officially qualifying, thus the need for help from Tiahrt's office).
          3. Part of the agreement was that he would take the GED test over the summer to get qualified, so WSU did some checking and their friends at SCA told them they could get it done. Plus, this gave them impetus to get Ehimen out of Nigeria before something else went wrong.

Just speculation, but educated speculation.
          :clap: :wsu_posters: :yahoo: :clap:
          Well thought out, Hockey. I came to the same conclusion regarding the infamous "test".

Comment

Assuming he has to get his GED, does anyone know how a GED factors in to the NCAA's sliding scale for determining eligibility? I know its based on GPA in core classes, but what if there is no GPA to look at because the transcripts are missing/non-existent?

Congrats for getting the big guy on the ground in Wichita.

Comment

After listening to Marshall this morning I am quite leary about all this. Listening to him I think there is a remote possibility Orupke might be playing for Sunrise next year. Also he said Hannah was not here because he had work to do before he graduates juco. We all remember Hart and he also said Murry was not here because he hadn't cleared with the NCAA. I have been following WSU for a long time and no that things do go our way more oftern than we would like. I know Sub will say dont worry, but too many times things go against us.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                After listening to Marshall this morning I am quite leary about all this. Listening to him I think there is a remote possibility Orupke might be playing for Sunrise next year. Also he said Hannah was not here because he had work to do before he graduates juco. We all remember Hart and he also said Murry was not here because he hadn't cleared with the NCAA. I have been following WSU for a long time and no that things do go our way more oftern than we would like. I know Sub will say dont worry, but too many times things go against us.
                i dont think he can play for SCA cant he?
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Have some faith brother! :good:
                  SFL is back!

Comment

Evidently he can play at Sunrise because Marshall said they were planning on him playing there last semester if he had arrived in time.

Comment

I think we're starting to learn why so many Nigerian players go to prep school before they play college ball.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Evidently he can play at Sunrise because Marshall said they were planning on him playing there last semester if he had arrived in time.
                        Does the KSHSAA have an age restriction? EO was born in 1989, meaning at some point in the next basketball season, if not already, he will be 19 and could turn 20, depending on his actual birth date.

Comment

he would be eligble if he reaches the age of 19 on or before septembet 1st

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                            Does the KSHSAA have an age restriction? EO was born in 1989, meaning at some point in the next basketball season, if not already, he will be 19 and could turn 20, depending on his actual birth date.
                            I believe the magic # is 21. We had a RB in at HHS that was "educated" in the Louisiana system before coming to KS, so he had to retake a bunch of classes.

Comment

this is the KSHSAA from a couple of years ago, but from what i can tell they havent changed the rules. But check page 29

Comment

Working...
                              X