Christian Academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shox1989 View Post
    I guess there is still hope that one day, we will get a great recruit from there.
    Sunrise is a different local recruiting landscape. It's not as though their players are true hometown grown. They have no allegiance to Wichita. It is just a bump in the road on their journey. Most are from half a world away, or more. I could care less about seeing a Sunrise product on the Shocker roster as long as 3G and company continue the trend of recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      Sunrise is a different local recruiting landscape. It's not as though their players are true hometown grown. They have no allegiance to Wichita. It is just a bump in the road on their journey. Most are from half a world away, or more. I could care less about seeing a Sunrise product on the Shocker roster as long as 3G and company continue the trend of recruiting.
      Just out of curiosity, how is it possible to be more than half a world away when the world is a globe?
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
        Just out of curiosity, how is it possible to be more than half a world away when the world is a globe?
        Blasphemy! Everyone knows the earth is flat!
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

Technically, the planet is eliptical since there is a slight bulge at the equator. However, your hypothesis is pretty sound. But let's assume we are on the equator where the planet has the greatest circumference. If the subject is exactly one-half way around the world then your hypothesis holds - he can be no more than half a world away. However, if the subject is, for example 500 miles beyond the halfway point then it depends on which way he travels. If he goes the short distance he is obviously less than half a world away. However, if the subject chooses to travel the opposite direction he is, in fact, more than half a world away. So as you can see it is all a matter of which way you are facing, unless, of course, you are two-faced.

Sincerely,
          Professor Irwin Corey
          Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 19, 2012, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Didn't you study shapes in Kindergarten? A globe is round, which can be cut in half. lol

Comment

Of course if you go west to east across the International Date Line you can go back in time. Not that this relates to distance on the big blue marble...
              Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand View Post
                Of course if you go west to east across the International Date Line you can go back in time. Not that this relates to distance on the big blue marble...
                I will leave that discussion to my colleague, Doc Brown.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                  Didn't you study shapes in Kindergarten? A globe is round, which can be cut in half. lol
                  You know, I completely forgot about the SG at Sunrise hailing from the earth's core. Disregard my previous question.:wink-new:
                  "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

You know, I completely forgot about the SG at Sunrise hailing from the earth's core. Disregard my previous question.:wink-new:
                    I guess that would explain why he is such a hot shooter.

Comment

• Thrilled I could bring a scholastic discussion to this already highly educated group.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                        Assuming the globe is a sphere he was on an airplane directly above the antipodal point of the reference position.
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• I suppose Superman would qualify as someone who went to high school in Kansas but came from further than half a world away.

Comment

• that guy had some serious hops

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              I suppose Superman would qualify as someone who went to high school in Kansas but came from further than half a world away.
                              Which raises the question, "Does he have any D-1 eligibility left?"
                              The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

• Unfortunatety, no. He had a long and successful NBA career and his silhouette now graces our grey uniforms.
                                Last edited by 1972Shocker; January 21, 2012, 05:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X