Ehimen Orupke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Team in Flux

WSU ended the season with 11 players on scholarship, three of whom were seniors. One was reserved for center Ehimen Orukpe, who did not attend WSU. Marshall said WSU is still trying to get Orupke out of Nigeria and he has not thought about a deadline for cutting ties.

Doesn't our letter of internt prohibit other schools contacting him?

Comment

Okay guys. I said this was RUMOR and that I had NO substantiation for it. I had hoped that someone either had heard the same thing, or could definitely say it had no legs. I am really hoping what I heard is wrong and Orupke is still going to come to WSU.

I am assuming that my thinking out loud is allowed on this board so here goes -- Since when did an LOI keep a school from putting the word out to the "right" people that they were interested in a certain player should something happen to his LOI (ala Orupke not being "able" to get out of Nigeria). Makes you stop and think that maybe his not being "able" to get out of Nigeria has had some behind the scenes help.

Have we had him sign another LOI for next season or is to too soon to be able to do that?

Comment

Don't think he can sign another LOI until April 15, can he?

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
          Okay guys. I said this was RUMOR

Since when did an LOI keep a school from putting the word out to the "right" people that they were interested in a certain player should something happen to his LOI (ala Orupke not being "able" to get out of Nigeria).
          Danny Manning?

Comment

There is wide spread knowledge of many african recruits having trouble getting out of that country. People here, and I am one, have no idea how different things work over there. DO does. Believe me when I say that there are people working to get him over here, and that he would probably know if someone else was trying to get him out.

Comment

Working...
            X