Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat,Waves, and War

Comment

I still like the slogan on the mock up football semi truck "pride of the prairie ". Maybe that's the name of the trophy.

Comment

Golden Shower vs. Golden Shockwave
        Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Slogans: "Its not a rivalry....It's an 89 year brawl."

Comment

Arch madness......oh wait...ah crap that's been taken by some sucky conference already.

Comment

Here is the point system for this Rivalry Challenge which I think will have a traveling trophy.

This is not just a Men's BB challenge. This is pretty much an All-Sports Challenge. Men's Basketball is no more important than 10 other sports in determining the winner.

I like something like The Black & Blue All-Sports Challenge or just The Black & Blue Challenge. One of the WSU's colors and one of Tulsa's colors plus an indication of a rough and tumble rivalry.

Then we need to come up with a name for the Traveling Trophy. Perhaps something like the Fairmount-Kendall Cup. Fairmount College being the roots of Wichita State and Henry Kendall College being the roots of the University of Tulsa. Or we could keep it simple and just call it the Black & Blue Challenge Cup.
              Last edited by 1972Shocker; August 17, 2017, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                Here is the point system for this Rivalry Challenge which I think will have a traveling trophy.

This not just a Men's BB challenge. This is pretty much an All-Sports Challenge. Men's Basketball is no more important than 10 other sports in determining the winner.

I like something like The Black & Blue All-Sports Challenge or just The Black & Blue Challenge. One of the WSU's colors and one of Tulsa's colors plus an indication of a rough and tumble rivalry.

Then we need to come up with a name for the Traveling Trophy. Perhaps something like the Fairmount-Kendall Cup. Fairmount College being the roots of Wichita State and Henry Kendall College being the roots of the University of Tulsa. Or we could keep it simple and just call it the Black & Blue Challenge Cup.
                I like everything about this post

Comment

I'm just excited to actually have a "true" rivalry again instead of just debating why we don't have rivalries with the MVC flavor of the week schools.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                    I like everything about this post
                    Thanks @pogo:. I really like the Rivalry Series concept that WSU and Tulsa have put toghether.

I am not too wild about the 3 options presented to name the Rivalry Series. I think Battle of the Plains is to broad and too generic. Tornado Alley Tussle is again pretty broad, a bit stereotypical and why promote one of four areas negatives. Havoc in the Heartland was my favorite but it does seem a bit like a ripoff of VCU or Shaka Smart.

But as @wheathead: posted it's nice to have a real rivalry again regardless of what they name the Rivalry Series.

Comment

As I stated in another post How cool would it be to get Gene Smithson and Nolan Richardson to attend the first game in CKA between WSU and Tulsa. Meet at half court and honor the both of them with a little ceremony and coaching career highlights with some highlights from previous games.

Comment

As I stated in another post How cool would it be to get Gene Smithson and Nolan Richardson to attend the first game in CKA between WSU and Tulsa. Meet at half court and honor the both of them with a little ceremony and coaching career highlights with some highlights from previous games.
                        Perhaps invite Antoine Carr and Paul Pressey as well.

Comment

Paul Pressey was one of the most impressive players that played in HLA especially with that wingspan in deflecting passes.

Comment

Paul Pressey was one of the most impressive players that played in HLA especially with that wingspan in deflecting passes.
                            The Rubberbandman...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Shocker/Hurricane Sports Fest

Recognizing a Fest is a recognized gathering event or events having a specified focus, like a music fest, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

This is not just a Men's BB challenge. This is pretty much an All-Sports Challenge. Men's Basketball is no more important than 10 other sports in determining the winner.

Someone needs to get this to the athletic department. Very good ideas.

Comment

Working...
                                X