College Sports Madness -- Top 144

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• College Sports Madness -- Top 144

The CSM Top 144 previews just entered the Top 100, where we'll begin to see our conference mates and non-con opponents start to appear.

So far, only South Dakota State (127) and Memphis (119) have popped up. Memphis is predicted at ninth place in the American, which means we'll have eight Top 100 schools in the AAC!

Others of mild interest: Mercer, led by Ri'an Holland at #109; New Mexico State dropping in at #116; and Loyola (#100) predicted to win the Valley over three other Top 144 MVC schools.

“The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

If the CSM 144 ends up correctly mirroring RPI, that could mean we'll have up to 16 games against top 100 teams just in conference. Perhaps 20 including the noncon.

We had something like 4 last year.
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

God Bless The American

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
        If the CSM 144 ends up correctly mirroring RPI, that could mean we'll have up to 16 games against top 100 teams just in conference. Perhaps 20 including the noncon.

We had something like 4 last year.
        Even if it doesn't match up -- and who knows what will happen with any given set of predictions, or with RPI (the power conferences' Resume Padding Index) -- the mere possibility of that number of quality or somewhat quality games, including quite a few on the road, just by being in a different league really highlights what an uphill battle it's been for the Shocks in terms of getting a seed that even approximated how good they actually were while playing in the Valley.

Comment

This pretty much confirms why everyone thinks this is one of the very few conference realignment decisions that made complete sense. The American schools get a top 5 nationally ranked WSU, while WSU gets 7 teams more highly ranked than anyone they would have had in the MVC. (I also think our bottom schools have a higher ceiling.)

Marriage made in Heaven. Like ShockerPhi said, God Bless the American.

Comment

We need Lee Greenwood to record a new, slightly altered version of his famous, patriotic tune.

Comment

HUSKY: I just want you to know I really apprectiate your solid posts on ShocketNet. Your a great "outside looking in" addition to the conversations.

Comment

Boy, I’m just so excited for the season to start. We have such a phenomenal roster coming back from what I hear and I can’t wait to hopefully get a few autographs from a few of these guys. Already called the ticket office twice try to secure a few single tickets. Hopefully, there’s a pep rally or something I can go to before the game. Do they do anything like that? Is there a local restaurant any alumni or fans go to? I’ve been reading through these message boards and it seems like this should be one heckuva season for them. The only opinion I could gather that runs counter is a fear of them becoming complacent. Do you think that’s possible? Everything I read, seems to be great leadership on this team. I can’t see them being complacent about preseason rankings.

My father-in-law, God bless his soul, share this wisdom to me while I was courting Margaret. “Dave, if you’re feeling pleased with life, look around the corner, because troubles is always near.” That’s not entirely true as he was a stern man, veteran who suffered from his personal battles with alcohol, and rather bluntly said “if I was feeling happy I should shoot myself.” Our relationship was estranged, but nonetheless, I hope the team doesn’t settle for preseason rankings.

You all know this team better than I do. Haven’t been to the stadium in few years. Do you think they’re still hungry? I sure hope so. I’m excited for the season to start!

Comment

Updated: 08/05/2017

#97 - Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Conference Rank: AAC #8
                  #119 - Memphis Tigers, Conference Rank: AAC #9

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                    Updated: 08/05/2017

#97 - Tulsa Golden Hurricane, Conference Rank: AAC #8
                    #119 - Memphis Tigers, Conference Rank: AAC #9

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/14999
                    K State added at #89. I can't see their fans thinking that this ranking is justified but it shows a snapshot about how they are regarded by others.

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                      which means we'll have eight Top 100 schools in the AAC!
                      For reference, via final KenPom ranks

2017 AAC #8 Team - Tulsa - #144 overall
                      2017 MVC #8 Team - Indiana St - #199 overall

This year, having #8 as Tulsa - #97 overall, is sure a nice improvement! Not only is the AAC a big improvement over the MVC, but the 2018 version should be an improvement over the 2017 AAC too.
                      Last edited by Jamar Howard 4 President; August 18, 2017, 04:18 PM.

Comment

They've counted through #84 so far. Still waiting for AAC #7.

This is starting to feel like the 2006 MVC. Fun times!

Comment

How is Missouri State not picked to win the MVC?
                          Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
                            How is Missouri State not picked to win the MVC?

Lusk

Comment

If Missouri State wins either the conference regular season or Arch Madness, Lusk is likely to get an extension. MSU fans will line up to jump off a cliff. It may be the first time fans get apoplexy because their coach won too many games.
                              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Working...
                              X