Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

HI GUYSZ> I GOT KWEYBOARD AND CAN TYPEC OUT STUF
    I mean is making a "Bold Prediction" an excuse for being a dumbass?

Comment

• wichshock65
      wichshock65 commented
      Editing a comment
      Sometimes there is a very fine line between the two.

• "The most important things as conference play winds down" - ESPN

Myron Medcalf, Staff Writer
    Posted: 02/13/18, 6:28 AM CT

Trae Young's sudden struggle is the biggest question in the Big 12. In the SEC, it's a daily struggle for Kentucky. As March approaches, each league has some big things to figure out over the next two weeks.

American Athletic Conference: Cincinnati's momentum

Cincinnati hasn't lost since Dec. 9. Right now, Mick Cronin's team is holding American opponents to a 24.8 percent mark from the 3-point line. The Bearcats are bulldozers.

Their upcoming matchup against Wichita State, one of two this season, was initially billed as the American's heavyweight title fight. But the Bearcats own a three-game lead over Wichita State and Houston in the standings.

Even if the league fails to offer Cincy the tests that top teams in the Power 5 leagues will face in the next month, the Bearcats could start the NCAA tournament as the hottest team in America and the field's greatest defensive threat outside Charlottesville."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "The most important things as conference play winds down" - ESPN

Myron Medcalf, Staff Writer
      Posted: 02/13/18, 6:28 AM CT

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...rch-approaches

American Athletic Conference: Cincinnati's momentum

Cincinnati hasn't lost since Dec. 9. Right now, Mick Cronin's team is holding American opponents to a 24.8 percent mark from the 3-point line. The Bearcats are bulldozers.

Their upcoming matchup against Wichita State, one of two this season, was initially billed as the American's heavyweight title fight. But the Bearcats own a three-game lead over Wichita State and Houston in the standings.

Even if the league fails to offer Cincy the tests that top teams in the Power 5 leagues will face in the next month, the Bearcats could start the NCAA tournament as the hottest team in America and the field's greatest defensive threat outside Charlottesville."

Yeah, those Power 5 conferences that offer up multiple opportunities against Top 20 RPI teams.

Oh. Wait.

#1 Virginia's next month:
      24,140,178,40,72 Avg: 90.8

Cincinnati:
      29,19,100,93,126,19 Avg: 64.3

I had to go literally one team into the poll to make you look like either a moron or someone with an agenda. Apparently Virginia holds a 2.5 game lead against the ACC because the ACC is crappy. Logic is logic, Myron.

Should I even bring up Arizona and their 2 game lead over the power-house Pac12?
      25,159,79,99,190 Avg: 110.4

How about Big10 leading Ohio State?
      86,38,208,108 Avg: 110

Unless you'd like to revise "Power 5" to "Power 2," I'd recommend either putting down the pipe, or actually doing your job by doing some insanely basic fact-checking before pawning yourself off as an expert analyst. It took me 3 minutes to find that Cincinnati plays 3 games against Top 30 RPI teams in the next few weeks, which is 1 more than the combined schedules of the teams leading the ACC, the Big10 and the Pac12.

QUIT CREATING FALSE NARRATIVES.
      Last edited by Cdizzle; February 13, 2018, 04:29 PM. Reason: anger

Comment

• JayPak
        JayPak commented
        Editing a comment
        Awesome. Cdizzle finally acknowledges the BIG EAST as 1 of the 2 true power conferences in America!

• Cdizzle
        Cdizzle commented
        Editing a comment
        Clearly I was referencing the B12 and SEC. Get out of here, Creighton troll :)

For the record, anybody running around here yelling POW6R 6 can eat a pile of dirt, too.

• ...and maybe just maybe why they have a 3 game lead in the American Myron is because they still have NOT played Wichita St. You know those 2 "heavyweight games" still on the schedule.

I know...I know they still would have to stumble and lose another game before our match-up's...but we stumbled at Houston. Who's to say they won't?
      FINAL FOURS:
      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
      Number of Times Ranked: 157
      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
      #3 - Dec. 2017
      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
      #2 ~ March 2014
      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• Easy. WuShock Reaper was just posting the article. Those aren't his words. Damn

Comment

• ShockTalk
          ShockTalk commented
          Editing a comment
          They're quoting and replying to the article. WuShock Reaper is finding and posting articles that are "smack" against the Shocks and/or the AAC. He started this thread.

• 3VavD50.png
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "WATCH: Mick Cronin takes shot at Kentucky" - 247 Sports

Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin took a swipe at some perennial powers, including Kentucky, after his team's win over Tulsa.

by Kevin Flaherty
          Posted: 02/25/18, 7:00pm cst

Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin took a swipe at some perennial powers, including Kentucky, after his team's win over Tulsa.

"Cincinnati coach Mick Cronin seemed to slip a jab in at Kentucky, Indiana and Louisville when he was asked about the Bearcats’ defense slipping over their last few games.

According to Mark Slaughter with Cincinnati’s WLWT-TV, Cronin didn’t take well to the question, which came after the Bearcats defeated Tulsa 82-74 Sunday.

“I don’t know what people expect,” Cronin said. “I’m allowed to answer you however I want and I’m going to give you a stat. Kentucky, Indiana and Louisville this year combined for 32 losses. Tell me how long it’s taken us to lose 32 games.”

Kentucky is 20-9 on the season, Louisville 19-10 and Indiana 16-14, which is actually 33 losses. But it’s unclear why Cronin flipped out to what seems a fairly innocuous question. Cincinnati allowed 74 points to Tulsa and 76 points to Wichita State a week ago, marking twice in the Bearcats’ last three games. Prior to the Wichita State game, Cincinnati had only allowed 74 or more points twice all season, and no team had reached that point since Cincinnati’s loss to Xavier on Dec. 2."

Comment

• ShockdaWorld
            ShockdaWorld commented
            Editing a comment
            Haha. He’s such an angry little elf.

• ShockerDropOut
            ShockerDropOut commented
            Editing a comment
            I love his fire. He is good for the AAC and to heck with the dang bluebloods.

• ShockdaWorld "Haha. He’s such an angry little elf."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• "UC did not cut down the nets at Tulane on Thursday, hoping to perform that ritual with a win on Wichita's court."

Comment

• DUShock
              DUShock commented
              Editing a comment
              That is Five Star bulletin board material right there.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
            https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...ate/388102002/

"UC did not cut down the nets at Tulane on Thursday, hoping to perform that ritual with a win on Wichita's court."
            Put that on the bulletin board!
            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• DUShock
              DUShock commented
              Editing a comment
              I just saw your quote post after my comment. Hopefully the Shocks see this and it helps fuel their play angry MTXE to victory.
              Last edited by DUShock; March 4, 2018, 08:10 AM.

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post

Put that on the bulletin board!
            Yeah, that might be a problem since we will be trying to go right into senior night festivities. Which also will suck to do if they have lost.

Comment

• Laughs... I guess if the Shocks win, they can take one end of the court and shockers the other. Unusual.

Comment

• AndShock
                AndShock commented
                Editing a comment
                I don’t know how they could say they won a championship with a straight face if we pull off the sweep.

• Windiwu
                Windiwu commented
                Editing a comment
                Maybe not but you know they will, straight face or no.

• Cutting down the nets in our arena? That’s close to redturd quality. Hey Cincy don’t be like the redturds.

Comment

• shockrah
                shockrah commented
                Editing a comment
                BOOOO!

• Dan Rather
              Dan Rather

@DanRather
              You heard it here first. Dan Rather's NCAA blue-plate specials. Penn upsets Kansas. Marshall upsets Wichita St.
              12:09 PM · Mar 13, 2018

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Well, Dan lost his credibility on political / public affairs news a long time ago -- so he's switching to sports now?

• Digger Phelps Picks NCAA Tournament

https://247sports.com/college/notre-...ment-116177613

Former Irish head coach, long-time analyst shares pre-tournament thoughts with Irish Illustrated.

“The only win we (Notere Dame) had was against Wichita State. So that’s what hurt, and I wasn’t really high on Wichita State all year. Last week of the season, they lose to Cincinnati and Houston. I’m still not that high on Wichita State.”

Comment

• WSUwatcher
                WSUwatcher commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, right -- Digger's always been a big Shocker fan, hasn't he? (searching for eye-roll emoticon)
            Working...
            X