• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to me memphis is a huge step down to OSU
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s
      Why so much $ for him, he was very lucky to end up where they did, the missed ff and last second 3 was not due to him, would not pay more than 1.5 a year for him, everyone thinks he is the next best thing.
      <sigh>

Comment

• Originally posted by fansince80s
        Why so much $ for him, he was very lucky to end up where they did, the missed ff and last second 3 was not due to him, would not pay more than 1.5 a year for him, everyone thinks he is the next best thing.
        i agree with you. Its funny tho, if Curry hits that shot, then some KU would be calling for his head.
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• What's going on with the KU News Conference this afternoon?

Comment

• Kansas University men's basketball coach Bill Self officially announced at a news conference Thursday afternoon in Hadl Auditorium his intentions to remain with the Jayhawks.

Self was flanked by athletic director Lew Perkins and chancellor Robert Hemenway. Perkins said the details of Self's extension have yet to be hammered out, but an agreement has been made in principle.

"Today is not the day to talk about details," Perkins said. "Bill and I have agreed in principle that he will be our coach for years to come.

"He represents us with class, on and off the court, and I can't think of another coach I'd rather be sitting next to today."

Self said he visited with Oklahoma State and athletic director Mike Holder, but never had intentions of leaving.

"There was never serious interest on our part of leaving the University of Kansas, but there was serious interest in listening and hopefully helping Oklahoma State put their basketball position in the position they want it to be in," Self said. "We met, and (Holder) did an unbelievable job of striking the right chords and everything, and he did it in a way that provoked thought on why that would be a great fit for me and my family at this time. It wasn't done in a way many of you imagined it being done."

Self said Holder and OSU brought up the ideas of coming home, leading the Cowboys' program through a transition and taking it to heights the program hadn't seen in quite some time.

Coming home, leading program through transition, go to heights it hasn't seen in awhile

With details of Self's new deal still not finalized, he did say it's 'fair to say' he will get a nice raise and extension.

"The time is right for me and my family to be in Lawrence, Kansas, and hopefully lead this program to bigger and better things in the future," Self added.

Added Hemenway: ""Bill Self is exactly the right person for Kansas basketball, and w're delighted that he'll lead our basketball program for years to come."

For more on this story, including audio and video from the press conference and further reactions, stay tuned to KUSports.com and read Friday's Journal-World.

Kansas University men’s basketball coach Bill Self officially announced at a news conference Thursday afternoon in Hadl Auditorium his intentions to remain with the Jayhawks. Self was flanked by athletic director Lew Perkins and chancellor Robert Hemenway. Perkins said the details of Self’s extension have yet to be hammered out, but an agreement has been […]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkpl68bfCtM

Comment

• Originally posted by newshock1234
              to me memphis is a huge step down to OSU

Only as a result of what Calipari has done there the last 5 years. One could easily make the argument that OSU has more returning next year than what he might have at Memphis.

Comment

• I could see Larry Brown going to OSU. He`s bored & wants to coach again.

Comment

• Sorry. Read some bad information.

Holder from OSU is in Tennessee to talk to Kevin Stallings from Vanderbilt. It was orginally reported Holder went to visit with Calipari.

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                    Sorry. Read some bad information.

Holder from OSU is in Tennessee to talk to Kevin Stallings from Vanderbuilt. It was orginally reported Holder went to visit with Calipari.
                    I would assume that KS was Self's #1 recommendation. :good:
                    SFL is back!

Comment

• Memphis signs Calipari to multi-year extension.

Comment

Working...
                      X