Proposed rule changes for 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Proposed rule changes for 2017-18

Ha. Marshall gets 10 more feet to scream at officials.
    Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
      I think most of the shouting 3G does is at his players although he takes his shot at officials when needed.

Comment

This rule has the chance to help other teams more than WSU. There is a reason Marshall doesn't call timeouts. His players know what they need to be doing.

Comment

I like the shotclock reset to 20 rule.
          Not wild about yet another late-game situation where officials can stop play and go to the monitors.
          The legal screen clarification with regards to feet placement is fine.
          The leg-straddle interpretations should be interesting.

I'm mostly indifferent toward the rest.

Comment

I'd like to see them not call a shot clock violation if the defensive team immediately gets possession of the ball (like rebounding an airball or recoving a loose ball after the buzzer sounds). Just help improve the flow of the game.

Comment

I like the minimum .3 secs of the clock after touching. Should help speed up end of game situations.

Comment

I don't like the 1st rule. I prefer teams that are able to operate more independently of the coach at the far end of the floor to have the advantage.

I think the rest of the proposed changes are fine although allowing refs to use replay to determine block or charge at the end of a game sets an interesting precedent.
                Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                  I don't like the 1st rule. I prefer teams that are able to operate more independently of the coach at the far end of the floor to have the advantage.

I think the rest of the proposed changes are fine although allowing refs to use replay to determine block or charge at the end of a game sets an interesting precedent.
                  Going to add five extra minutes to the game.

Comment

I'm ok with this

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
                      I'd like to see them not call a shot clock violation if the defensive team immediately gets possession of the ball (like rebounding an airball or recoving a loose ball after the buzzer sounds). Just help improve the flow of the game.
                      I think in a case like this, there should be no stoppage of play as long as the defense obtained possession.

Comment

Bruce Webber can dance and shimmy all over now.
                        "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Are offensive flops a foul?

I could go for that. This would eliminate the annoying head spasm flops on drives.

Comment

Refs should only get a certain amount of fouls a game. See national championship for example.

Comment

Refs should only get a certain amount of fouls a game. See national championship for example.
                              You serious, Clark?

I can already think of several awful unintended consequences from this idea.
                              78-65

Comment

Working...
                              X