Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
    You serious, Clark?

I can already think of several awful unintended consequences from this idea.
    I get calling the big stuff but I just hate seeing games with double-digit foul call in the first ten minutes.

I am paying good money to see the kids decide the game.
    Why walk somebody in baseball when you can hit them?

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxcity View Post
      I get calling the big stuff but I just hate seeing games with double-digit foul call in the first ten minutes.

I am paying good money to see the kids decide the game.
      Yeah, but what's to stop teams from putting bad players out there and hacking like crazy until they can put their best players in and get away with murder ("well, looks like he didn't fully decapitate the guy, so PLAY ON!")?

*Yes, I know, I'm being facetious. :)
      "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

I'm just throwing stuff out there. I just find games with scores in the 40s or 50s more exciting than games in the 80s or 90s.

Comment

I'm just throwing stuff out there. I just find games with scores in the 40s or 50s more exciting than games in the 80s or 90s.
          Spoken like a UNI fan

Comment

It depends on how the points are scored. I would find a game in the 80s with only a few of the points coming on free throws very entertaining while I would probably not enjoy a game with the same score if 20 or more of each teams points came on foul shots.
            Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
              Spoken like a UNI fan
              Think 3G would agree with me.

Comment

Think 3G would agree with me.
                He seemed to enjoy the 80+ points per game his team put up this year

Comment

Im not saying it isn't important to score points. I am just saying that I feel like the NCAA is tilting the rules in favor of the offense to appeal for more t.v. ratings and dollars.

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                    He seemed to enjoy the 80+ points per game his team put up this year
                    What I am trying to say that defense has and will always be first for 3G. The rules that NCAA are trying to implement are making it harder on defenses to play aggressive.

Comment

I have total confidence HCGM will be able to adapt to the new rules. I just don't like the direction the NCAA is going to artificially increase game appeal.

Comment

I like games in the 40s and 50s for the opponents and the 80s and 90s for us.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          I like games in the 40s and 50s for the opponents and the 80s and 90s for us.
                          No. I don't wanna see that. I'm full on Bradley games. I hope the AAC keeps my eyes glued.

Comment

Im not saying it isn't important to score points. I am just saying that I feel like the NCAA is tilting the rules in favor of the offense to appeal for more t.v. ratings and dollars.
                            I believe they pretty well explicitly stated that.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
                              I believe they pretty well explicitly stated that.
                              Where? lol

Comment

Working...
                              X