No announcement yet.

McDuffie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only difference is that Perry Ellis ages in dog years while McDuffie is still a young gazelle

Comment

• McDuffie reminds me of Baker in that we would win games and I'd think we played well despite not getting much out of him only to find out he had 16 & 8. Baker did the same thing to me. Consistent and always on the floor.

I'd love to have him for all four years, but feel he'll succeed at the next level regardless of when he goes.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        Thanks, Wich.

The CPP spot on McDuffie seems like a pretty reasonable assessment. You can be a really good college player and still be a four year guy.

I'd say something about Perry Ellis, but then heads would explode and people would start ranting at me about ceilings and ages and comparing Ellis to McDuffie, which I'm not -- I'm simply pointing out, to quote my own sage words, that "You can be a really good college player and still be a four year guy." Perry Ellis is an example, for his own particular set of reasons; and McDuffie may well be also, for his own particular (but not necessarily the same) set of reasons.

Edit: In an earlier time, although one in which far lesser players were nevertheless still coming out early, Tim Duncan was also a really good college player who was still a four year guy.
        IDK. I'm not a big fan of the comparison if we're talking about the guy who got schooled by Wessel for Heaven's sake!!! :cry: Mac is a much better perimeter defender.

:poster_shocks:

... I couldn't resist!

Comment

• Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
          McDuffie reminds me of Baker in that we would win games and I'd think we played well despite not getting much out of him only to find out he had 16 & 8. Baker did the same thing to me. Consistent and always on the floor.

I'd love to have him for all four years, but feel he'll succeed at the next level regardless of when he goes.
          Guys like Baker and McDuffie don't take a lot of shots to get 16 points. They go like 5 for 8 and make a handful of free throws. That's what you call a quiet 16 points.

Comment

• Happy 20th birthday Markis!

Comment

• Anybody have any insight on what MM might have been referring to in his tweet of 9/6/17?
              Feeling better than ever. It's been a tough grind the last year,but i fought thru it and had some amazing experiences and I'm blessed.
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• MM had knee surgery in late August 2016 and really wasn't 100 percent during the season.
                “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• McDuffie's Offensive Rating down a lot since last season.

2017: 118.3
                  2018: 103.9

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                    McDuffie's Offensive Rating down a lot since last season.

2017: 118.3
                    2018: 103.9
                    His d-rating is also down but that's more of a product of the team. He has the 2nd best d-rating just barely behind Shaq, which is impressive because centers/power forwards usually end up with an inflated rating relative to more perimeter defenders. He easily leads the team in steal rate. IMO it's not surprising his defense is ahead of his offense right now. He definitely is still shaking off rust and timing, which wouldn't affect his D.

Comment

Working...
                    X