Off season banter..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
    1. About like UNI and I don't mean that as an insult. Go to tourney every other year or so, win a game here and there;
    2. Final Four. Accomplishment that was the signature of HCGM era
    3. Sad to leave his media friends in those towns but psyched about all else
    4. Bradley or UNI
    5. Fred, I experienced Orlando first hand
    6. Mantas, easily
    7. Us vs Iowa in Orlando, playing with our JV
    8. The Omaha Stakes or 13 Ohio St game
    9. Undefeated team just because of interior defense
    10. Top 25 every year--regular Sweet 16s
    Shoxlax - you need to clear some space in your inbox!

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
      Does anyone know why the shockerhoopsnet twitter account no longer posts? Not sure who originally ran it but it hasn't been touched since January
      ??

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
        ??
        I believe @_kai_: was running that account?

Comment

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
          I believe @_kai_ was running that account?
          Correct. He runs that account. He has been missing on both fronts. Hope all is well with him.

Comment

Really hope he returns or someone takes over the account.. so valuable to have a social media beacon consistently involved in discussion. @FansOfKU does a great job for the chickenhawks

Comment

1. If mark turgeon was still head coach what shape do you guys think this program would be in right now? Liked Coach T. and he progressed our Program forward. We would prolly still be Valley Rock Stars if he stayed and he might by now be making about the same amount of green he is making at Maryland, but not as much as 3G IMO.

2. If you had to choose between the final four run and the move to the AAC which would you choose? First things first. We go the ACC route first. If we can make the Final 4 when picked 4th in the Valley, we have a great shot at doing the same from the AAC some fine day.

3. How do you think Mike Kennedy really feels about the AAC move? He will like it. He will like this promotion a lot.

4. Who replaces WSU as the premiere flagship in the MVC now that we are gone? N. Iowa of course. Illinois State doing so would be for the birds and I just don't see the Valley COY being number 1 with the exodus of solid players and the ongoing problems they have within their Program.

5. If you had to choose who was more important to the team, Fred or Ron, who would you choose? (Impossible to answer i know) In scrimmage games in the summer where both Fred and Ron were the qb. against each other, FVV teams won the most during my limited exposure. However, in real games for 4 Seasons, this one is too close to call for this FSF. Maybe somebody with 'too much time on their hands' could apply the NBA "point grading system" to see if the results brings any clarity to this difficult question?

6. Most injury prone player who did not live up to their full potential? (Really random i know) No answer other than Coach Marshall brings out the best in more players than any WSU coach in Shocker History IMO.

7. Worst game you have ever experienced as a fan? Was it not the Season we won the NIT that S. Illinois (I think) came to town, missing around 2-3 starters and beat us? That loss was a hit that voided any chance we might have had to Dance as I remember it now. Two Seasons ago we took a hook to the chin at Tulsa followed later on by the 3 loss Orlando disappointment. Most teams, no matter how good they are, have funks to deal with. Even so, only the "best of the best" can overcome such odds and still Dance with the Stars.

8. Best game you have ever experienced as a fan? I loved the Final 4 run, especially defeating the Zags. FVV made that crucial 25' shot, just before the 30 second clock went off. We had to play picture perfect ball on so many possessions at the end to pull out that win. The Battle of New Orleans win was kewl too and what a game it was. Mike Smith fires up a 25' shot as I scream "no, no no, Yes, Yes, Yes. Then he does it again and I go no, no, no, Yes, Yes, Yes!!!!!!!!!!!

9. 2014 undefeated team vs next years team, who ya got? The 2014 Team will have the better record of course. However, I predict this Team will Dance longer.

10. Where do you guys see the program in 10 years? We should be finer than a frog-hair but no way the Shocker success we are so often enjoying now will I take for granted.

Really random questions i know..but i just love coming on here and reading so much info you guys have when it comes to team history and your opinions.[/QUOTE]
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Done!

Comment

2. If you had to choose between the final four run and the move to the AAC which would you choose?

This is kinda like the movie Ace Ventura. You don't have Einhorn without Finkle, you don't have the ACC with out Final Four

Comment

Working...
                  X