No announcement yet.

Daishon Smith Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish all of the best for Daishon. I was really excited for him early in the season when he would have his "Microwave" moments where he heated up really quickly. He had, what, two or three different occasions where he put up 7-8 points inside of a minute and a half.

I hope he gets his swagger back, because he is a dangerous scorer when he's feeling confident.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
      I hear Mckyle McIntosh is available. Wouldn't that be a good way to stick it to the Redbirds one last time 
      I don't really care about sticking it to the Redbirds, but I totally agree on McIntosh's ability as a player and the fact he could really help us out next year as he's a great all-around player.

However, if we did get him, we would REALLY need to find some good JUCO bigs who could come in and help immediately next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
        Yeah, absolutely. Shaq was definitely a bright spot in the UK game. The problem was the drop off from him to Darral for a few minutes there in the second half.
        That was a key moment. Immediately after the game I thought would the outcome have been different if Nurger had his number called at that point.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
          That was a key moment. Immediately after the game I thought would the outcome have been different if Nurger had his number called at that point.
          I remember being frustrated when Daishon and Willis came in instead of Reaves and Nurger. Which is not something I would have ever expected to be mad about. Haha

Comment

Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
            I remember being frustrated when Daishon and Willis came in instead of Reaves and Nurger. Which is not something I would have ever expected to be mad about. Haha
            I do recall Smith coming in and instantly Uncle Mo going the other way. Heck, that even happened against Evansville.

Comment

I've about come to expect 2 transfers every year. The 2 this year did not surpride me. They were the obvious ones that were going to struggle to get minutes next year.

Hamilton's lack of development means we need a post who's AAC-ready for '18-'19.
              Last edited by Aargh; April 21, 2017, 04:07 PM.
              The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
              We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I know there's been some talk about getting a grad transfer who can fill in immediately with Smith's scholarship now open. I just don't see it. One less senior to be is a good thing. Have to fill his spot with a big that has at least 2 years left.

Comment

Good luck to Daishon. No doubt he'll be a starter somewhere!

I'd also like to add, reading threads like this make me proud to be a Shocker fan. I lurk on a lot of other boards...and KU for example when a player transfers there are countless posters bagging on the players abilities, saying good riddance and such. Easily as many negative comments as good. I don't get how you can treat a student athlete like that who devoted countless hours and shed their blood, sweat and tears for the school...all the fans do is cheer and spend some money to watch them play. Proud to be a Shocker!

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                    Good luck to Daishon. No doubt he'll be a starter somewhere!

I'd also like to add, reading threads like this make me proud to be a Shocker fan. I lurk on a lot of other boards...and KU for example when a player transfers there are countless posters bagging on the players abilities, saying good riddance and such. Easily as many negative comments as good. I don't get how you can treat a student athlete like that who devoted countless hours and shed their blood, sweat and tears for the school...all the fans do is cheer and spend some money to watch them play. Proud to be a Shocker!
                    Here, here. It isn't easy to come to that decision. I feel for the kid. To not wish anything but the best for a kid is simply not understanding how tough it is to come to this point. Best wishes DS!

Comment

Daishon was one of the few players I never got to know at all. I liked watching him play and was excited when he joined the team.

He was a part time starter on a top 25 team that won a conference title, a post season conference title and a game in the dance. Nobody can ever take those things away from him.

He played on one of the best WSU teams of all time (top 15 certainly, by any measure, and arguably higher) and knows nothing but championships here.

Loved watching him play, Shocker forever, and I very much look forward to watching his future success, wherever that may be.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxrox89 View Post
                        I wouldve thought willis before i wouldve thought daishon.
                        This is an absurd statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Fake Gregg Marshall View Post
                          This is an absurd statement.
                          Maybe so...it just seemed at times willis defense was a liability and he lost out on a lot of playing time but i guess you could say the same thing about Daishon in regards to him running the point.
                          Hows my post? send me feedback at 1-800-f$%k-off

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                            I hear Mckyle McIntosh is available. Wouldn't that be a good way to stick it to the Redbirds one last time 😀
                            McIntosh would be a tremendous help to this team next year. Unlikely to happen for a number of reasons.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

He is tainted.:)

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                                He is tainted.:)
                                Yeah. He has way too much experience losing in Koch Arena.

Comment

Working...
                                X