No announcement yet.

Daishon Smith Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith leaving makes sense, even though I hate to see him go. We are loaded up on guards. Willis leaving would suck. Yeah, at the end of the season his minutes slid a little, but he was still some quality depth. He'll get better in the offseason and continue to be a good contributer for us.

Now I wonder if 3G already has some potential players in his back pocket that he'd like to bring in to fill the spot.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post
      Smith leaving makes sense, even though I hate to see him go. We are loaded up on guards. Willis leaving would suck. Yeah, at the end of the season his minutes slid a little, but he was still some quality depth. He'll get better in the offseason and continue to be a good contributer for us.

Now I wonder if 3G already has some potential players in his back pocket that he'd like to bring in to fill the spot.
      Coach shaves everyday...
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
        I think I will die inside a little if Willis left. He is a beast down low when he is on.
        Good point. GGG's has had good success with juco posts developing, and contributing, by their senior seasons. The percentages show that. I can see Willis making a Darius Carter type contribution next year. If Kentucky's bigs didn't intimidate him neither will the AAC's.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
          Good point. GGG's has had good success with juco posts developing, and contributing, by their senior seasons. The percentages show that. I can see Willis making a Darius Carter type contribution next year. If Kentucky's bigs didn't intimidate him neither will the AAC's.
          They didn't "intimidate" him, just throttled him into 1-4 shooting, 1 rebound and a whopping 8 minutes.

Comment

Darral got worked by Kentucky's bigs. Especially on the boards.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
              Darral got worked by Kentucky's bigs. Especially on the boards.
              Good point, but Shaq had a good game. Eleven (11) points, 3 blocks and 8 rebounds (and 3 fouls) in 28 minutes. Yet until recently, he did not get much respect from some of the posters here.

It would be really, really nice for either Darral to step up (like Shaq did) or for us to get another big (Juiston) who would be available immediately and give us a little more inside punch.

Comment

Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                They didn't "intimidate" him, just throttled him into 1-4 shooting, 1 rebound and a whopping 8 minutes.
                At least he got a block on Bam. As far as stats go, there were several players who didn't have glowing contributions that game. No need to go there.

"Intimidate," no. That was my point. I look for him to be an important piece to the teams success next year, as have past juco bigs.
                No?

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  Good point, but Shaq had a good game. Eleven (11) points, 3 blocks and 8 rebounds (and 3 fouls) in 28 minutes. Yet until recently, he did not get much respect from some of the posters here.

It would be really, really nice for either Darral to step up (like Shaq did) or for us to get another big (Juiston) who would be available immediately and give us a little more inside punch.
                  Yeah, absolutely. Shaq was definitely a bright spot in the UK game. The problem was the drop off from him to Darral for a few minutes there in the second half.
                  "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                    Yeah, absolutely. Shaq was definitely a bright spot in the UK game. The problem was the drop off from him to Darral for a few minutes there in the second half.
                    Willis contributed more offensively all year, and just as much on the boards all year, is all I'm saying. Better field goal shooter. Better offensive rebounder, in less minutes. More steals. He'll help us next year. No?

I'm glad he didn't transfer like Smith did
                    . We're going to need some back to the basket guys besides Shaq in the AAC.
                    Last edited by ShockingButTrue; April 21, 2017, 11:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                      At least he got a block on Bam. As far as stats go, there were several players who didn't have glowing contributions that game. No need to go there.

"Intimidate," no. That was my point. I look for him to be an important piece to the teams success next year, as have past juco bigs.
                      No?
                      His pre-game words said he wasn't intimidated. His real game action said, intimidated, not good enough, or some combination. It is what it is. Hopefully he shows the leap as other juco players have in their second year.

Comment

Wishing Daishon Smith the best. He represented well, and had some memorable moments. I thought with the recruiting of Haynes and the earlier than expected takeover at point by Landry that Smiths minutes were going to dwindle. He had his strengths and weaknesses but his heart and hustle were never in doubt....

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmag View Post
                          Wishing Daishon Smith the best. He represented well, and had some memorable moments. I thought with the recruiting of Haynes and the earlier than expected takeover at point by Landry that Smiths minutes were going to dwindle. He had his strengths and weaknesses but his heart and hustle were never in doubt....
                          Going forward, there was going to be no spot for him. He'll be alright.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post

I don't know to what extent WSU is talking to Juiston, or if at all, but he would be a nice get; not just for next year but the following year when we'll be thin on experience in the post.

Comment

I hear Mckyle McIntosh is available. Wouldn't that be a good way to stick it to the Redbirds one last time 😀

Comment

Can confirm that Evan Wessel is not willing to give up his scholarship for McIntosh. Something about his one spin move being ridiculously easy to defend or something.

Comment

Working...
                                X