No announcement yet.

Daishon Smith Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GoShockers.com Report on Daishon Transferring.

Best wishes to Daishon. Hopes he finds a good landing spot and has a great senior year.

Comment

We need to fill the scholarship this year... Balance out the next class.

Comment

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
        I agree Smith wasn't always comfortable. Of course I have seen the kiss the rim clip!
        I think CJ compares favorably to a former Shocker recruit: L. vick. Although CJ is probably a better ball-handler, shooter, and passer, to say nothing of probably flat out being a better person. Glad we got CJ instead.

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
          Diashon as a juco guy heading into his senior season is a bit of a surprise.
          See Tevin Glass East Tennessee state. A juco transfer who moved on. Maybe you will understand. Played one year there after transferring from shockers.
          Starter at his new school

Comment

Originally posted by Ol skool View Post
            See Tevin Glass East Tennessee state. A juco transfer who moved on. Maybe you will understand. Played one year there after transferring from shockers.
            Starter at his new school
            Most definitely a good move for Tevin, but it seems that it is less common for juco juniors to transfer for their senior year than to remain.

Do any of our astute Shockernetters know where this kind of info can be found?
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

I use to feel really bad for the kids who couldn't get playing time here and moved on. but if you follow Tevin Glass, R'ian Holland , and Corey Henderson you will see they did the right thing. All in rotation if not starting and all producing big time at their new school.

Comment

Daishon wants to play, just like everyone else and he only has 1 year left. He could sit the bench and play 10 mpg at WSU or he can hit the reset and start somewhere else. A lot of teams could use his talents. Best of luck Daishon.

Comment

Would he have to sit one or is he automatically eligible to play

Comment

This doesn't surprise me. His minutes were going down as the season progressed. He was basically 4th in the pecking order and that includes being behind a freshman with a bum shoulder. Throw in SHJ coming in and a clear desire to get CJK minutes at the 2 and prospects for minutes were not good. Nobody, I repeat nobody, wants to be a 5/6 minute player their senior year.

Daishon seemed to play in spurts. 3 or 4 good minutes and then total disappearance. Additionally, as previously mentioned, his confidence in himself as well as Gregg's confidence in him seemed to wane as the season was winding down.

I hope he finds a program conducive to his talents. I wish him well. Rick and Ilsa will always have Paris. Shocker fans and Daishon will always have Chesapeake Arena.
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I'm surprised but maybe also a tad relieved. Folks I cringed every time he got the ball in that Kentucky game. With that said I'm always a tad sad when someone leaves. These kids work there tails off for us. Best of luck to him.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                        sit

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                          He'll have to sit.
                          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

Kaelen Malone also leaving the program. Best wishes to him as well. Was hoping he would end up as JR Simon 2.0. They were practically the same player haha.
                            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

We could always go after a juco with three years eligibility left

Comment

The truth is that these kids are super talented, and it would not be in their best interests to be bench players when they could start for half the teams in division 1
                                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Working...
                                X