Daishon Smith Transferring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
    Not sure I follow. As far as PG roles go, I thought Smith had more potential that Keyser and that would result in more playing time for Smith. Smith just seemed more poised with the ball than Keyser.

Smith = 2016-17 junior
    Keyser = 2016-17 freshman
    “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
      Better bone up on Shocker BB pal...CJK isn't a PG. If you watched any SHOCKER BB last year you would know the ceiling is high for this kid at 2/3.
      Wow, maybe I need to go back and look. Any specific games? I don't know if watch espn will let you go back and watch after the season. But I can try. You know I didn't even think about him at the 3. Ball handling will still matter 1-3 and this offseason will get his skill and confidence up. To me he looked alot like Ty Taylor when he played. Either way this threads about Smith. Which I still think it's a bummer he's leaving as a 4th year guy.

Comment

That's a bummer. I think out of all the guys that we've had transfer the past few years, I think had the most potential. He went through some rough patches that most JUCO guys go through and did some boneheaded things, but when he shined, he shined bright. The few moments he got to showcase his athleticism were awesome. I think he would have had a great senior year here with one year of D1 under his belt and a summer to improve but I guess with Landry taking over PG, Reeves most likely getting some big minutes and Samaje coming in, he felt his minutes would be pretty limited. Too bad, but wish him well. Whoever lands him is getting a solid player.

Comment

Wow, maybe I need to go back and look. Any specific games? I don't know if watch espn will let you go back and watch after the season. But I can try. You know I didn't even think about him at the 3. Ball handling will still matter 1-3 and this offseason will get his skill and confidence up. To me he looked alot like Ty Taylor when he played. Either way this threads about Smith. Which I still think it's a bummer he's leaving as a 4th year guy.
          It would only be his 2nd, but you know...
          The Assman

Comment

Nice try mini d bag

Comment

I am not surprised at all. LS has taken over at PG and CF at SG.
              As I have repeatedly said if AR comes back healthy DS would
              slide down the bench another notch. He saw the hand writing
              on the wall. Hope it works out for him and has a great senior
              year where ever he goes.

Comment

Samajae will fill Daishon's role nicely except we get him for an extra year so not a huge loss. I did enjoy watching Daishon on the court and I willl always remember his dunk. Wonder if NMSU is a possibility.

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                  Story coming soon!
                  You posted the same time as @shockerfan: so I consolidated the threads together.
                  “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Not sure I follow. As far as PG roles go, I thought Smith had more potential that Keyser and that would result in more playing time for Smith. Smith just seemed more poised with the ball than Keyser.
                    smith did not seem comfortable with the ball. the bright lights seemed to shake him up, god bless him.

cj keyser has loads of potential. marshall is bringing him along just right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWRSk-nvRoI

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
                      Samajae will fill Daishon's role nicely except we get him for an extra year so not a huge loss. I did enjoy watching Daishon on the court and I willl always remember his dunk. Wonder if NMSU is a possibility.
                      I think Daishon to NMSU would awesome for Coach Jan's and Smith. I wonder how deep their guard rotation is? I also if this opens the door for Steffon Mitchell kid we seemed pretty high on at one time that will be finishing a prep year at Sunrise or if we go another route?

Comment

Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                        smith did not seem comfortable with the ball. the bright lights seemed to shake him up, god bless him.

cj keyser has loads of potential. marshall is bringing him along just right. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWRSk-nvRoI
                        I agree Smith wasn't always comfortable. Of course I have seen the kiss the rim clip!

Comment

Better start scouting potential grad transfers if we're doubling down for that national championship

Comment

Good luck to Mr. Smith.

Keep shaving.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
                              Better start scouting potential grad transfers if we're doubling down for that national championship
                              Start?

Comment

C.J. Keyser was never, nor will he ever be a candidate for point guard duties. C.J. was a 3 and they were trying to teach him the 2 later in the year last year. Daishon leaving has nothing whatsoever to do with C.J. Keyser.

Comment

Working...
                                X