AHC Chris Jans: In the running for New Mexico St Head Coach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rjl View Post
    I wonder if some of you think that players passing tests and graduating are showing signs of disloyalty.
    You're reaching now...

Comment

• Originally posted by dwbarcl View Post
      This sucks for our program. But you can't fault the guy. I'm sure 3G doesn't either. You can't turn down a HC job that pays a lot more than he would be making at WSU. It's more about his family and his goal to run a program.

So what we've lost two assistant coaches, rather that than losing Marshall. if you don't think Marshall has a list of replacements your mistaken. The Shockers will be fine.

I also don't think this is some kind of conspiracy, the little green men has nothing to do with it. (Back and to the left)
      Maybe these guys leaving opens the door for assistant coaches who have exposure in our new recruiting battlefields.

Comment

• Eh, it happens. Next man up. Glad for what he did as a member of the Shocker family. I will be glad for what the next one does. As he is no longer a Shocker, I am no longer interested much in any successes or failures of his. Totally do not care one way or the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post
          Guess I should have been more clear. $275k should not have been a problem for Wichita State. I would be disappointed in Wichita State if money was what made Jans leave.
          The pool of money for the assistant coaches and DOBO is specified in HCGM's contract. That pool is $623K. I don't know what Jans salary would have been as AHC but whatever that salary was couldn't have been increased without cutting someone else's pay or renegotiating Marshall's contract assuming Gregg uses the full pool.
          Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Interesting.....

Paul Suellentrop@PaulSuellentrop5m5 minutes ago

New Mexico State AD Mario Moccia says Creighton offered Chris Jans an assistant coaching position recently.

Comment

• HCGM is busy shaving. This should bring some of you down from the ledge.

Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall gave Chris Jans a thumb’s up on job search http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...145075154.html
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Jans taking the incident at Bowling Green head-on in his introductory press conference. Kudos.
                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

• Keelon Lawson? Lavar Ball? WuDrWu? Pogo? Steve Eck? Danny Ainge?
                  Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• That would be so awesome if we got an assistant coach with experience in the American.
                    SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                    gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

• No doubt Gregg will find the right man for the job. In Gregg we trust.

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        HCGM is busy shaving. This should bring some of you down from the ledge.

Wichita State’s Gregg Marshall gave Chris Jans a thumb’s up on job search http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...145075154.html
                        After reading that, i revoke all my previous comments. Good luck Jans. I was wrong to assume.

Comment

• For those having difficulty figuring out the number of coaching openings on the staff, here's the rundown.

The coaching staff was filled.
                          Heiar left - creating one opening
                          Jans was hired leaving zero openings.
                          Jans left - leaving one vacant position.

As to the next hire - I'm guessing a young assistant with a great ability to recruit and contacts either in the South or on the East Coast.
                          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by wusphlash View Post
                            Keelon Lawson? Lavar Ball? WuDrWu? Pogo? Steve Eck? Danny Ainge?
                            I propose that the two open spots are filled by ShockerFever and JH4P.

Comment

• Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                              If somepne doubled my salary 5 minutes after accepting a promotion I am out!
                              You mean to say that Jans was only making $135,000 as Associate Head Coach at WSU? No Way.

\

Comment

• Originally posted by Shockers5150 View Post
                                Surprised. I thought he'd stay while since GM did him a solid.
                                It's not like Chris Jans has not given back to 3G and the Shocker program during his 9 years at Wichita State. Yeah 3G did him a solid but 3G also new that doing that would be to his benefit and the benefit and WSU men's basketball program and it was. I'm sure Chris is very grateful to Gregg for hiring him in 2007 and allowing him to grow and prove himself at a very high level and for letting him ease back in over the last 2 years. Same as 3G was grateful to his mentors. However, not sure he owes anymore than his gratitude and respect to 3G.

BTW, very good hire by NMSU. I hope Chris does well and is happy with his new challenge.

Comment

Working...
                                X