Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AHC Chris Jans: In the running for New Mexico St Head Coach

Jeff Borzello:

Among those expected to interview at New Mexico St.: Jesse Bopp, UCLA's David Grace, TCU's Ryan Miller. Wichita State's Chris Jans involved.
    ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Uhhhhhh

Comment

Good for CJ for getting this consideration, but he might have too much baggage to get hired.

Losing both Heiar and Jans in the same off season could be costly. But that's the price of success.

Comment

Won't happen. Yet.

Comment

If he were to take another job this year, I would be slightly worried.
          Livin the dream

Comment

Is it really just me or is it not completely, utterly obvious that we promoted him to his old position in an effort to go to battle against this offer? Jans got the phone call, then talked it over with Marshall. Marshall said "screw that...Boatright and Bardo, we've gotta promote Jans if we want to keep him."

I suppose Heiar probably didn't like the move and took one of the offers he had after realizing Jans was still #1.

In other words, we probably already locked up Jans yesterday, with this offer in full view. I'm not worried.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
              Is it really just me or is it not completely, utterly obvious that we promoted him to his old position in an effort to go to battle against this offer? Jans got the phone call, then talked it over with Marshall. Marshall said "screw that...Boatright and Bardo, we've gotta promote Jans if we want to keep him."

I suppose Heiar probably didn't like the move and took one of the offers he had after realizing Jans was still #1.

In other words, we probably already locked up Jans yesterday, with this offer in full view. I'm not worried.
              Seems plausible.

Comment

Like how you think!

Comment

Plausible, very plausible!

Comment

This shows me that Chris will get another head coaching opportunity in the future. I'd prefer it to not be now, but he will at some point in the next few seasons.

If Larry Eustachy can get another job, so can Chris Jans.
                    78-65

Comment

Edit: I take it back, that's probably way too simple as it leaves out how LSU magically fell into Greg H.'s lap and how HCGM reacted to that. Either way...bummed.

Comment

Originally posted by mini-shock View Post
                        Edit: I take it back, that's probably way too simple as it leaves out how LSU magically fell into Greg H.'s lap and how HCGM reacted to that. Either way...bummed.
                        "how HCGM reacted to that" -- I haven't read every post in every thread about the recent moves, so I probably missed it. Did HCGM say something about GH leaving?

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                          "how HCGM reacted to that" -- I haven't read every post in every thread about the recent moves, so I probably missed it. Did HCGM say something about GH leaving?
                          Nothing specific. Gotta consider the source in this case.

Comment

Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            Originally posted by pie n eye View Post
                            Nothing specific. Gotta consider the source in this case.
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Here is the entirety of what I have seen Marshall say about Heiar leaving:

"We appreciate the six years that Greg Heiar devoted to this program and wish him the best of luck at LSU," Marshall said. "At the same time, we think this will be a seamless transition. In Chris, we are welcoming a guy who has been with us for nine of the 10 years in Wichita. He knows us intimately and has played an integral part in our rise."
                              WICHITA, Kan. – Chris Jans has been promoted from Special Assistant to Associate Head Coach, Wichita State head men's basketball coach Gregg Marshall announced Wednesday.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                              X