Greg Heiar to LSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just strange timing.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

It was only a matter of time before GH left. I'm just a little surprised it wasn't for a head coaching gig.

I don't know anyone better at developing point guards. What would really be shocking is if Chris Jans doesn't take the Assoc HC role.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

So if jans slides over, does his current position get filled or just removed?

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
          I'd sure assume it'd just disappear. It was created just for him in the first place.

Comment

Really odd timing, especially with the spring signing period starting tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by mjbaker84 View Post
              Since it was created pretty much for CJ I would anticipate it will be eliminated.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                What would really be shocking is if Chris Jans doesn't take the Assoc HC role.
                I would be shocked if CJ doesn't move into the assistant coach position that GH held but I wouldn't be shocked if he is not designated Associate Head Coach right off the bat. But I don't think it would be long before that title is given to him again.

Comment

Have to wonder if it was just a power struggle between GH and CJ, these past few years since CJ returned, and the guy with less seniority and experience (although a far better job title) just had enough of the dynamic. Not typical to have a special position that basically exists between the HC and the #1 AC. That's gotta setup some wedges.

That'd be my 1000 foot view, purely speculating.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOCKvalue View Post
                    Have to wonder if it was just a power struggle between GH and CJ, these past few years since CJ returned, and the guy with less seniority and experience (although a far better job title) just had enough of the dynamic. Not typical to have a special position that basically exists between the HC and the #1 AC. That's gotta setup some wedges.

Your 1000 foot view makes sense to me!

Comment

Seems reasonable to me and would make the most sense given the move to the same position at a lower program.
                      Deuces Valley.
                      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                        I don't know anyone better at developing point guards. What would really be shocking is if Chris Jans doesn't take the Assoc HC role.
                        Is this a true statement, GH was responsible for developing Shocker point guards?

Comment

It certainly was an unusual dynamic and I could easily see that being a catalyst. In any case, if GH is gone I wish him all the best and I thank him very much for his many contributions to the success of Shocker basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                            That seems a bit odd since you don't typically hire an Associate Head Basketball Coach. Typically that is a trusted, long-term assistant who has been promoted to AHC. Perhaps they want to rehire CJ in that position and state law requires them to advertise the position.
                            I opened the the job description and it was for the women's program.. just a coincidence

Comment

Assistant Head Coach or Assistant TO the Head Coach?

"In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by thunderkwb View Post
                                I opened the the job description and it was for the women's program.. just a coincidence
                                It's still kind of interesting since my understanding is that Keitha Adams long-time AHC Ewa Laskoska is joining her staff. But as I previously posted this could be a formality they have to follow under state law or University rules.

Comment

Working...
                                X