No announcement yet.

2017-18 Media Hate Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This isn’t going to help The Sunflower receive any sympathy.

Wichita State had a chance to beat Houston and play for a shot at the American Athletic Conference tournament title and an improved seed in the national tournament. With six seconds on the clock and trailing a single point, 75-74, the Shockers had more than enough time to put themselves in position for a game-winning...

78-65

Comment

It's a shortsighted article. Austin isn't perfect like almost all of the Shox, he has a few blemishes. However, imo, his strengths outweigh his weaknesses. Bottom line is that We wouldn't be a Top 20 ranked team with a chance to make a Sweet 16 run (maybe better) without him. I know that Coach is trying to continue to recruit players with fewer blemishes who still have the high IQ of Austin but I'm glad we have Austin.

Comment

This reminds me of a football coach who once told me after a particularly tough loss, he exited the locker room to a father with a very angry look on his face. The coach walked up to him and the guy angrily blurted out, "Surely you have someone to put on that field that is better than my son! He is killing us out there!" The coach replied, "You obviously haven't been at practice to see his competition."
        Play hard Austin.....
        Robin Roberts: "My mother used to say, when you strut, you stumble."

Comment

It's not about one player. Throughout the course of a game, players make plays to help the team, and plays that don't help.

I remember in the first half, AR drilled a shot that we desperately needed, elst we were close to getting run! But I guess the 19 year old kid doesnt get credit for that.

We all get pissed after a loss, but it's a 40 minute game, with lots of players and plays. I hate putting it at one players feet. Hate it. I'm sure AR knows he can do better, we dont need to ride him. Eff this guy.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I wish some of these people could go back in time and sit through a season in the 90s.

Fair weater MFers! Remember when the bars showed something other than the Shox on game-night? No? Well they did! Someone always had an extra ticket For FREE!

AR would have been the brightest spot on those teams!

Perspective! Please!
            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

Wichita State had a chance to beat Houston and play for a shot at the American Athletic Conference tournament title and an improved seed in the national tournament. With six seconds on the clock and trailing a single point, 75-74, the Shockers had more than enough time to put themselves in position for a game-winning...
              I think the author of that hit piece needs to watch this.

Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

I wonder if people are still mad at Austin Reaves if he shot 4 more free throws and had 2 fewer turnovers. Funny how that works.

Comment

Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post

There is about 8-10 posts/comments from yesterday on this article here.

Comment

• WuShock16
                    WuShock16 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    My apologies. I looked throughout the basketball thread to see if this had been posted yet and I didn't see it.

IMO, the article is fairly accurate. The problem lies in the inflammatory headline “Bench Austin Reeves”. I challenge you to read the article again, but pretend the headline reads “Austin Reeves needs to be stronger in late game situations for WSU to have tournament success”.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I read "Austin Reaves hits clutch free throws to seal win."

But then, I actually watched the game.

• FadedCrown
                    FadedCrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah the article gets a bad wrap from the title alone, it is basically saying, can we trust Reaves in late game situations in the tourney?

• Kung Wu
                    Kung Wu commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The article gets a bad wrap because he is calling out a freaking sophomore in his school paper. You wanna vent on an anonymous fan forum where the kids are told to stay away? Okay, whatever. But write up an article slamming a sophomore in his school paper?!? Jackass move.

Austin is an underclassman. Those plays this jerk is talking about are playing out in Austin's head over and over. That's how underclassmen become men.

That guy needs to fess up who he is on Shockernet, since calling out individuals publicly is his thing.
                  Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

The inbounds attempt to CF was weak, but the worst part is that it was late. AR was looking elsewhere when CF was open. This clearly wasn't the first option AR was looking for. All too often, trying to make up for a missed opportunity is not wise. AR will learn to call the timeout next time.

On the baseline inbounds, 90% of the fault lies with other Shockers, not AR. AR went up, got both hands on the ball and was simply not strong enough to survie the brutality of no-foul Gray. But if what 3G said is truthful, MM was running the wrong play. It did appear he was on the wrong side of the baseline, to me. More to the point, LS threw the inbound pass far too short, putting AR in a mano-a-mano fight that he was unlikely to win. LS also had the opportunity to call the timeout and reset, try again, but did not.

I haven't rewatched the play with 9.5...err 6.5 seconds where AR fumbled and called timeout. Again, with added strength next year, this will not be a problem. I hope he is not one of those body types that can't get stronger, but KR will do all he can to strengthen AR from head to toe, and shoulder to finger.

AR may be the flag on the pole, but the pole deserves most of the credit (blame).
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

No one is talking about the fact that Landry should have called a timeout before he decided to heave the ball to halfcourt to Austin. He was about to get a 5 second call when he made that lousy pass.

Comment

• im4wsu
                        im4wsu commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I thought I just did in the post above, #71

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                      No one is talking about the fact that Landry should have called a timeout before he decided to heave the ball to halfcourt to Austin. He was about to get a 5 second call when he made that lousy pass.
                      Why? He successfully inbounded the ball to a WSU guard at half-court. If you're going to count on the officials not doing their jobs, you're going to run out of timeouts quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

Why? He successfully inbounded the ball to a WSU guard at half-court. If you're going to count on the officials not doing their jobs, you're going to run out of timeouts quickly.
                        His pass was both too short and way too highly arched. Look how far Gray came from to intercept. Had it been a tad flatter, it would have arrived before Gray. If had been thron longer, AR would not have had to stop and fight for it. It was definitely the confluence of timing issues.
                        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                        ---------------------------------------
                        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

His pass was both too short and way too highly arched. Look how far Gray came from to intercept. Had it been a tad flatter, it would have arrived before Gray. If had been thron longer, AR would not have had to stop and fight for it. It was definitely the confluence of timing issues.
                          I mean, I guess. But using this logic, every team's best play would be throwing a 50-foot heave at the basket every possession because it's the one sure thing they can do before someone tackles them and takes the ball.

Comment

Working...
                          X