Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will become the Shockers new conference basketball rival?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S
    Last edited by 60Shock; April 13, 2017, 07:53 PM. Reason: double post

Comment

So what constitutes a rivalry?

Tulsa will likely always be one because of their closeness and our joint history.

Back in 40's and 50's, we often got a school day off when we beat Tulsa in football. Obviously that is not going to happen anytime soon. But, there is absolutely no reason why we can't have two or more, is there?

So in my opinion, it is going to be whomever we bang heads with for the AAC BB championship.

Comment

My guess is UCONN because because if their uppity online fan base is a real representation of them, ours fans will just never click. They remind me of sweatervest U but actually have won games and national titles in the Big Dance. We will be the new guy and they are clearly the kings of the conference. This will be especially true if both programs are ranked or are having a good year. Cinci will be a fun rivalry because they are everything we want to be. Class program, major research institution etc. Memphis has potential as we kind of share similar DNA. We are both a little rough around the edges, don't have the historical success of a Cinci or UCONN, and both have zero chance at a Big XII invite and would get left behind in any P5 expansion. I guess you would call it little brother syndrome, whatever it is, we both clearly have it. We have kind of outgrown Tulsa, but it wouldn't take very many years of them kicking our ass for the hate to return.

For Baseball, it will be Houston, Tulane, and ECU. However, didn't we play UCONN a few years back and they talked **** from the dugout for 3 straight games? Maybe I am confusing them with someone else, but it was definetly somebody from the NE and there was zero respect for the game.
        Last edited by Shockerman; April 15, 2017, 01:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X