No announcement yet.

2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "AAC Preview: Who Will Challenge Front-Running Newcomer Wichita State?" - Sports illustrated

By Jeremy Fuchs
    October 17, 2017

"Sports Illustrated
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
      "AAC Preview: Who Will Challenge Front-Running Newcomer Wichita State?" - Sports illustrated

By Jeremy Fuchs
      October 17, 2017

"Sports Illustrated
      Nice read (other than Terrell Allen mistake), thanks for posting. His 15-3 league record is what I have at present but I hope we are both wrong. I would love to see the Shockers 16-2 or better - can't wait for the season to begin!

Comment

• Found it interesting that everybody and their uncles and aunts predicted WSU to win the AAC except some of their own coaches. Cinn. will indeed be tough as will SMU, UCF, and Temple. However, I have a hunch Connecticut will be much better than advertized IMO. This is a fresh start for our Program and the challenges will be intense. Our foes read all the hype too about the Shocks and will be eager to knock over our turnip truck. Exciting times for Shocker basketball as we have a reunion with some of our old foes when the MVC was truly "The Valley Of Death." It will all begin before we know it.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          Found it interesting that everybody and their uncles and aunts predicted WSU to win the AAC except some of their own coaches. Cinn. will indeed be tough as will SMU, UCF, and Temple. However, I have a hunch Connecticut will be much better than advertized IMO. This is a fresh start for our Program and the challenges will be intense. Our foes read all the hype too about the Shocks and will be eager to knock over our turnip truck. Exciting times for Shocker basketball as we have a reunion with some of our old foes when the MVC was truly "The Valley Of Death." It will all begin before we know it.
          I agree with this; every game has intensity, but a road game at Drake taking Drake's "best shot" is far different than taking SMU's best shot. Every game will be like a Kentucky game; yet I trust HCGM will have the team well prepared!

Comment

• we could have an off night in the MVC and win by 10 points. I don't think that will happen in this league.

Comment

• I know things have been a bit crazy on the forum for the last day or two so this may have already been posted somewhere. In case it hasn't, here is this week's podcast from Rob Dauster. Long chat with 3G starting about the 8:10 mark. Great listen!

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                I know things have been a bit crazy on the forum for the last day or two so this may have already been posted somewhere. In case it hasn't, here is this week's podcast from Rob Dauster. Long chat with 3G starting about the 8:10 mark. Great listen!

https://art19.com/shows/college-bask...b-ce1ba61a4956
                I didn't realize Maggie was a freshman at Wichita State. Coach Marshall said both kids now attend Wichita State, "put your money where your mouth is". :)
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post

I didn't realize Maggie was a freshman at Wichita State. Coach Marshall said both kids now attend Wichita State, "put your money where your mouth is". :)
                  That's awesome. I had no idea.

Comment

• Paul talking with Seth Davis on his current trip to Wichita.

The Wichita move was one of the very, very few realignment moves that was purely about basketball. It was an easy win-win for both sides. Geographically it made sense. Strategically it made sense. Financially it made sense.

Comment

• 10 impact JUCO transfers for 2017-18 CBB season

Samajae Haynes-Jones, Wichita State: A Wichita native, Jones returns to his hometown as the Shockers begin play in the American Conference after years of dominating the Missouri Valley. With Landry Shamet set to begin the season coming off a stress fracture, the 6-foot Haynes-Jones needs to be ready to play meaningful minutes when things get going Nov. 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                        I know things have been a bit crazy on the forum for the last day or two so this may have already been posted somewhere. In case it hasn't, here is this week's podcast from Rob Dauster. Long chat with 3G starting about the 8:10 mark. Great listen!

https://art19.com/shows/college-bask...b-ce1ba61a4956
                        Apparently, the OU series was extended. Gregg said it was a four-year "neutral-neutral-neutral-neutral series."
                        78-65

Comment

• test

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

this happened to me the first time i tried to post. looks like it might not be problem now, ill try again with a new article.
                            Reaper, please do your normal thing with the copy/paste from other sites and see if it works better. Thanks!
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• "Wichita State won't be No. 1, but there's no good reason why" - ESPN

John Gasaway, ESPN Insider college basketball contributor
                              Posted: 10/23/17, CST 7:30am

Gregg Marshall won't have to worry about getting that ridiculous No. 10 seed again this year. In fact, by year's end, Wichita State might just be able to drop the zero from the end of that 10. Being the top team isn't out of the question for the Shockers.

"On Wednesday, ESPN.com will roll out its preseason Power Rankings. Next week, the first AP poll of the season will be unveiled. A case can be made for a host of teams to be No. 1. Here is the case for Wichita State to have the top spot.

Just because Wichita State won't actually be No. 1 in any preseason poll doesn't mean the Shockers don't have a very good case for that honor.

Never mind the No. 10 seed (I still can't type that with a straight face) that Gregg Marshall's team was given by the NCAA in March. The facts of the matter are plain: Wichita State was one of the best teams in the country last season, and now the Shockers have, effectively, everyone coming back...."

Comment

• Nice little write-up in The Sunflower.

Gregg Marshall’s Wichita State Shockers might have had their expectations hindered slightly by American Athletic Conference coaches after falling second in the AAC’s preseason conference rankings, but Ken Pomeroy, expert statistician, has a different view on the veteran Shockers. Pomeroy ranked WSU No. 4 behind Villanova, Kentucky and Arizona in his preseason rankings, release Sunday...

Comment

Working...
                                X