2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
    Really nice work by Taylor on that article.
    You know, we get so caught up in talking about our future NBA guys and the like, I forget about having the 4 Star City League scoring champion also on the team. Crazy.

It's going to be a magical year!

Comment

• "College Hoops Contender Series: Three more (flawed?) Final Four favorites" - NBC Sports

By Rob Dauster
      Posted: Oct 12, 2017, 9:00 AM EDT

"Who are the favorites to win a national title? Who can legitimately be called a contender? Who has the pieces to make a run to the Final Four? We’ll break that all down for you over the next three weeks in our Contender Series.

Last week, we gave you our Final Four sleepers. Today, we talk (more) Final Four contenders.

To me, there is a clear-cut line between the teams ranked in the top four or five and the rest of the top 25. Duke probably should be ranked No. 1 in your preseason poll, but their question marks at the point guard spot and the youth on the roster are enough that I can see two teams arguably being ranked above them.

I also think there is another clear-cut tier of teams, through the top 12, that are good enough that they are a decent bet to get to the Final Four in San Antonio while being flawed enough that we cannot consider them a true title contender, at least not in October.

Two of those teams are known as football schools and currently find themselves stuck in the middle of one of the biggest scandals in college sports history: Miami and USC. A third, Wichita State, has yet to play a game as a member of a high-major conference. Let’s take a dive into those three teams, shall we?

WICHITA STATE

This year will be a first for Wichita State.

Five years after Ron Baker and Fred VanVleet led the Shockers to the 2013 Final Four, five years after Gregg Marshall’s club became a stalwart in the top 25 and a nationally-recognized program, Wichita State is now officially a high-major basketball team.

The Shockers officially left the Missouri Valley this summer, becoming a member of the American and, instantly, the favorite to win the league this year. Because after a season where Wichita State finished 31-5 and ranked 8th nationally, according to KenPom, the Shockers brought back everyone...."

Comment

• Making the intro video.

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
          "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Based on the video, my money is on CJ for slam dunk contest. Holly crap!

Comment

• "Wichita State set for debut in American Athletic Conference" - Washington Post

By DAN GELSTON, AP Sport Writer
              Updated October 16, 2017

The Washington Post Sports section provides sports news, video, scores, analysis and updates about high school, college, and pro sports teams, including the Capitals, Nationals, Washington Football Team, United and Wizards. Post Sports also offers blogs and discussions about the latest sports news.

"PHILADELPHIA (AP) Wichita State is set to say goodbye to the small towns and hello to the big cities.

The Shockers are ready for their call up.

True, the Athletic American Association may not be a premier league, but the Shockers earned a promotion of sorts when it jilted the one-bid Missouri Valley Conference and transferred to the AAC.

Look out the airplane on the next road trip, Shockers. Check out the high-rises and skyscrapers towering in the city skylines.

"Nothing against Peoria or Cedar Falls or Carbondale, Illinois," Wichita State coach Gregg Marshall said, "but now we've got Orlando and Dallas and Houston and New Orleans. Cincinnati. On and on. Maybe now we can catch an NBA game when we're in town. Or have a nice steak somewhere."..."

Comment

• Shamet and McDuffie at AAC Media Day

http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...179156176.html
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• This quote from Zach Brown is probably sig-worthy:
                  Rankings don't matter. At the same time everyone is going to come at you 100 miles-per-hour, just because we wear Wichita State on our jersey.

Comment

• I liked Midtgaard...
                    Last edited by wufan; October 17, 2017, 07:53 PM.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• My post is only showing up as partial???
                      Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                        I liked Midtgaard...
                        What he is looking forward to most about this season.

"Playing here on this court. I have never been to a game [at Charles Koch Arena]
                        Last edited by wichshock65; October 17, 2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

• My post is showing only partially too. I have edited it three times but still the same thing. Must be a glitch.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                            My post is only showing up as partial???
                            Try sending me whatever you were trying to post in a PM ... let's see if it shows up there?
                            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

My post is showing only partially too. I have edited it three times but still the same thing. Must be a glitch.
                              this happened to me the first time i tried to post. looks like it might not be problem now, ill try again with a new article.

Comment

My post is showing only partially too. I have edited it three times but still the same thing. Must be a glitch.
                                this happened to me the first time i tried to post. looks like it might not be problem now, ill try again with a new article.

Comment

Working...
                                X