• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice one here.

Comment

• "Gregg Marshall, Wichita State ready for a new challenge" - ESPN

Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
      Posted: 09/09/17

Gregg Marshall and Wichita State are changing conferences. But the Shockers and their successful head coach have nothing to worry about. They are ready for this.

"Gregg Marshall is a coach who loves a challenge.

Wichita State's all-time winningest coach has won almost 75 percent of his games at the school. His track record in recent years has been outstanding, with eight straight seasons with at least 25 wins, plus six straight NCAA tournament berths.

Since 2011, his teams have won 83 percent of their games. He is one of five coaches to make the round of 32 or better in the NCAA tournament each of the last five years...."

Comment

• Originally posted by WstateU View Post
        Another 'yipes, stripes, beechnut gum moment' like an M&M that takes a sour lemon and transforms it into refreshing sweet lemonade which begets and contributes to more and more invigorating Shocker wins. As some of you, I do believe A.M. will be better than advertised on both sides of the hardwood. The Marshall Plan in due time develops solid players and fashions them into eventual lunker-team-potential final four-type players.
        Last edited by forevershockerfan; September 11, 2017, 09:39 AM.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Apparently we've been annexed by Oklahoma or something...

Here's what a local Wichita Dillons had on display:

Comment

• Originally posted by WholeWheat View Post
            Apparently we've been annexed by Oklahoma or something...

They are just wanting to show a collection of teams that were man enough to schedule a Loss to WSU.

Comment

• Originally posted by WholeWheat View Post
              Apparently we've been annexed by Oklahoma or something...

aka Wichita = small market
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                "Gregg Marshall, Wichita State ready for a new challenge" - ESPN

Dick Vitale, College Basketball analyst
                Posted: 09/09/17

Gregg Marshall and Wichita State are changing conferences. But the Shockers and their successful head coach have nothing to worry about. They are ready for this.

"Gregg Marshall is a coach who loves a challenge.

Wichita State's all-time winningest coach has won almost 75 percent of his games at the school. His track record in recent years has been outstanding, with eight straight seasons with at least 25 wins, plus six straight NCAA tournament berths.

Since 2011, his teams have won 83 percent of their games. He is one of five coaches to make the round of 32 or better in the NCAA tournament each of the last five years...."
                While I love seeing positive press, could Dick V. spend ANY less effort writing this? Honestly, this could've been put together by one of my grandkids. He just rehashes stuff from a TV broadcast cheat sheet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                  They are just wanting to show a collection of teams that were man enough to schedule a Loss to WSU.
                  I like the way you reframe it! While I'm chagrined and likely won't buy this version, it's really something to think that we play 4 of the 6 teams on this cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                    aka Wichita = small market
                    Small but mighty, huh? :sneakiness: Do fans of these schools have even the slightest interest in basketball at the moment....?

Comment

• Must have gotten the TX/OK Lindy's at Dillons, apparently. There is a KS/OK cover that has Beakers, K-Suck, N-for-knowledge, Sweatervests and our McDuffie on the cover.

Comment

• Originally posted by OregonShocker View Post
                        While I love seeing positive press, could Dick V. spend ANY less effort writing this? Honestly, this could've been put together by one of my grandkids. He just rehashes stuff from a TV broadcast cheat sheet.
                        When I was in college, I met Mitch Holthus. This was right after the 2006 NCAA Tournament when Nantz and Packer mocked the Selection Commitee for picking four Valley teams...only to made stupid when WSU and Bradley made the Sweet 16.

I asked Mitch what his professional opinion was of guys like Nantz and Packer. Mitch said that there are guys in the industry who try to get by on as little knowledge as possible, paying attention to only power teams. He said that Nantz later even admitted his screwup to Mitch, saying that he just didn't know how good the Valley really was. Mitch proceeded to bust his @$$ a bit and told Nantz that if he was going to be such a prominent and influential voice of college basketball, then he'd better educate himself so that he can know what the hell he is talking about.
                        78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                          When I was in college, I met Mitch Holthus. This was right after the 2006 NCAA Tournament when Nantz and Packer mocked the Selection Commitee for picking four Valley teams...only to made stupid when WSU and Bradley made the Sweet 16.

I asked Mitch what his professional opinion was of guys like Nantz and Packer. Mitch said that there are guys in the industry who try to get by on as little knowledge as possible, paying attention to only power teams. He said that Nantz later even admitted his screwup to Mitch, saying that he just didn't know how good the Valley really was. Mitch proceeded to bust his @$$ a bit and told Nantz that if he was going to be such a prominent and influential voice of college basketball, then he'd better educate himself so that he can know what the hell he is talking about.
                          This mindset is not limited to on air analysts... It's sorta' like a Chicken fan saying "A Valley team could never beat us..."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                            This mindset is not limited to on air analysts... It's sorta' like a Chicken fan saying "A Valley team could never beat us..."
                            Fans are expected to be dumb. You would hope that people whose job it is to provide analysis would be a little more knowledgeable.
                            78-65

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock16 View Post
                              Fans are expected to be dumb. You would hope that people whose job it is to provide analysis would be a little more knowledgeable.
                              I sure never expected that from Packer, nor the selection committee today.

Comment

• Beast Mode

Comment

Working...
                                X