2017-18 Media Love Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    Stats for the all-conference selections on a 40-minute basis (Shaq added for comparison)
    http://
    Like your addition of Shaq.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
      Stats for the all-conference selections on a 40-minute basis (Shaq added for comparison)
      http://
      Remember...I said there were SOME reasonable predictions. :playful:

Comment

• I predict ShaqWall will become a new statistic this year.
        also, can we get milliseconds added to the countdown clock, otherwise it seems to be moving in slow motion.
        Last edited by shoxilla; July 25, 2017, 08:34 PM.
        For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
        - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by Root Angry View Post
          From the article:

Somehow Wake Forest snatched our 3G and literally NOBODY heard about it? Hmmmm
          Well, lots of posters have always worried that he'd go back to the Carolinas some day.

Comment

• [QUOTE=UCONN_Husky;745062]It's UCONN-centric and perhaps somewhat biased, but there's some reasonable predictions in it:

UCONN MBB Blog: A midsummer's look at the AAC

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/20...ok-at-aac.html[/QUOT

Well if that article is U Conn centric that is pretty mild when I read other articles written about that school to the north that shall remain nameless by the kc star.

Comment

• "College basketball stock watch | Landry Shamet’s foot hurts Shockers" - Fan Rag

By Joseph Nardone
              Posted on Jul 31, 2017

"Injuries have strangely been at the forefront for some college basketball programs this offseason. Given that there are no games of consequence currently being played, whenever any player gets hurt, even if minor, it is a giant stink face emoji....

The Foot Of Destiny, Landry Shamet - 6-12 Weeks Of …

During a scrimmage on July 21, Shamet had an ankle stepped on by an opposing player. Unfortunately for one of the nation’s best players, it didn’t result only in a sprain. Shamet was diagnosed with a stress fracture in the fifth metatarsal of his right foot. He’s going to be out for the next 12-16 weeks.

“I think, based on my X-rays and MRIs, it’s new, but when I rolled my ankle I inflamed it and aggravated it, which led to more discomfort,” Shamet told CBS Sports. “Knowing what I had gone through with my other foot, I knew the symptoms. It felt like the early onset of the last situation. I kind of debated in my head letting it play out, see how it feels, but I decided to get it looked at.”

The other foot he mentions is, well, his other foot. The one that caused him to redshirt his freshman season with the Shockers. Shamet will undergo surgery on his foot on Monday.

Do We Start Selling Our Wichita State Stock? - Nope.

Provided Shamet’s surgery is a success on Monday, he will miss a few games to start the season at most. While the Shockers are obviously best served with Shamet being available from the start of the season, their situation is drastically different than in years prior.

With Wichita State now playing in a far better league, the American Athletic Conference, every game is no longer a must-win. The Shockers can afford a slip here and there.

As long as there’s no long-term impact on the health of Shamet, who is a potential All-American for 2017-18, this is business as usual for Gregg Marshall and company..."

Comment

• A 2016-2017 Top 25 eight months before the season begins? Of course. Last year we did this exercise the day after Villanova defeated North Carolina for the title, and Gonzaga didn’t even make…

More love for the shox!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1388 View Post
                  The Standard remains.

Comment

From April?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                      From April?
                      Good eye. I barely noticed the date.. oops! Lol

Comment

• LOL! Landy.
                        Wonder if he knows Rob Barker.
                        Last edited by shockrah; August 1, 2017, 11:05 PM.
                        Rip em up, Tear em up, Give em HELL Shockers!

Comment

Good eye. I barely noticed the date.. oops! Lol
                          Nice that Jason McIntyre has us nice and high in his Top 25 ... from April. But notice how he squares it with HCGM staying. I've heard him on the radio several times, he's good, but he's also one of these guys that assumes every year Marshall will leave and then when he doesn't leave, he fails to to get it. So in some ways, he's kind of a knucklehead. McIntyre that is.

Comment

• Moved.

Comment

• Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Fansided making case for the Shocks to be ranked #1 in the country.

As the top high school player in the country, Marvin Bagley's decision will have a significant effect on who tops the preseason polls...

Comment

Working...
                                X