X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
    https://goo.gl/py9ocy

Looking good.
    Thanks for sharing this website; easy to play around with possible scenarios.

Comment

• Arizona State doing an impressive job of playing themselves out of the tournament.

Comment

• Jamar Howard 4 President
        Jamar Howard 4 President commented
        Editing a comment
        shocks02 ... I was referring to some folks on this board

• shocks02
        shocks02 commented
        Editing a comment
        Even worse...

Editing a comment
        Wait, is fever hammering me for things I said in Nov/Dec by claiming I never post in... Nov/Dec?

lol

• Maybe playing guys 35+ minutes per game in November exhibitions doesn't actually pay off in February and March. Just a thought.

Comment

• What is everyone’s opinion on whether Ou should get an at large? Most bracketologists have them firmly in as a 9/10 but having lost 10 of their last 15 and only winning one conference road game all year has me questioning their merit. They do have a whole lot of “good losses” though.

Comment

• Originally posted by shoxtop View Post
          What is everyone’s opinion on whether Ou should get an at large? Most bracketologists have them firmly in as a 9/10 but having lost 10 of their last 15 and only winning one conference road game all year has me questioning their merit. They do have a whole lot of “good losses” though.
          If I'm the NCAA, a TV network broadcasting March Madness games, a Big-Time company spending mutli-million dollars to advertise on those networks, a Shoe Company or an Agent...I WANT Oklahoma...uhh-ummm...I mean TRAE YOUNG in THE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!

If I'm a fan of college basketball, a Non-Money gatherer from the sport....and a college basketball fan who believes in a win-loss record and doesn't think Oklahoma deserves a "gift"...then I don't want Oklahoma in the tournament.

Guess who wins that debate. It starts with the letter "M" and ends with a "Y".

FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• WheatShock
            WheatShock commented
            Editing a comment
            That didn't work out so well for LSU and Ben Simmons.

What is everyone’s opinion on whether Ou should get an at large? Most bracketologists have them firmly in as a 9/10 but having lost 10 of their last 15 and only winning one conference road game all year has me questioning their merit. They do have a whole lot of “good losses” though.
          Their resume: Wins over #25 USC, @#3 WSU, @#10 TCU, #8 TTU, #16 TCU, #16 TCU, #5 KU
          How many ranked teams did LSU win that year?
          Whatever you ask for in prayer with faith, you will receive. (Mt 21:22)

Comment

• Every one of those would be a loss today. That’s not who they are now.

Comment

I think it is easy. If every game counts equally, OU gets in.

If Feb counts more than Nov, OU should go to the NIT.

just gotta pick a philosophy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post

I think it is easy. If every game counts equally, OU gets in.

If Feb counts more than Nov, OU should go to the NIT.

just gotta pick a philosophy.
                OU is a bit of a special case here. Sure, you'd like for every game to count equally, but holy crap, OU looks like a team that has mailed it in. They are terrible. I doubt they will, but I hope the committee takes into account their level of suck lately and decides to let a team that's more deserving in over OU. Like perhaps OSU for example.

Comment

Editing a comment
                  I agree @ShockerPhi

Committee should look at OU’s terrible finish, but also must clarify their criteria. If they want to claim all games are equal, then they have to give OU a bid.

• 1979Shocker
                  1979Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Whatever happened to the committee looking at how a team did in their last 10 games or however many it was?

• We now have a good chance to finish the season with 9 Q1 wins. Oklahoma State's Predicted RPI (if they lose to Kansas) is 74, and Marquette's Predicted RPI is 49. All we have to do is beat Temple, Houston and Cincinnati.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                  Cdizzle commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Keep in mind that these things don't happen in a vacuum. Other teams near those breakpoints are also playing. Also, 'good chance' seems optimistic even just based on WSU needing to win 3 Top 50 games in Florida.

Editing a comment
                  I’d give all 5 of those things happening together about 1:10 odds.

• Steeleshocker
                  Steeleshocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'll take 3 of those things happening

• There is part of me that would love for the little 12 to get 8 teams in and all of them lose in the first round. Or in a few cases the -1st round.

It would be funny.
                "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post
                  We now have a good chance to finish the season with 9 Q1 wins. Oklahoma State's Predicted RPI (if they lose to Kansas) is 74, and Marquette's Predicted RPI is 49. All we have to do is beat Temple, Houston and Cincinnati.
                  Actually there is a chance we get to 10 now. UCF currently is 78. A win today should have them finish top 75,

Comment

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If UCF finishes Top 75, that not only adds a Q1 win, it also adds an additional Q2 as the home game moves from Q3 to Q2. So we COULD end up with 10 Q1 wins and 18 Q1/Q2 wins.

• FadedCrown
                    FadedCrown commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah but that remains at 9 because that takes away our Q1 opportunity in Houston. The only way our UCF tourney game becomes Q1 if this game counts as a road game.

• ShockCrazy
                    ShockCrazy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    If UCF wins today over ECU and even loses to Houston they'll be borderline top 75.

• What is going to be wonderful is when we get a 5 seed and get matched up again a #12 seed Notre Dame....
                  Last edited by Jhook89; March 8, 2018, 09:07 AM.

Comment

• Jhook89
                    Jhook89 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I was joking. Kinda

• Stickboy46
                    Stickboy46 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    There is probably a way around that rule ... If ND goes through Dayton .. then since the committee isn't allowed to project winners ... it's ok.

• Cdizzle
                    Cdizzle commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now you're finding the paths, Stickboy46. They'd probably need to send ND to Detroit in order to keep their travel and turnaround times reasonable, as well. Make sure they got as much rest as possible.

• Originally posted by ShockerPhi View Post

OU is a bit of a special case here. Sure, you'd like for every game to count equally, but holy crap, OU looks like a team that has mailed it in. They are terrible. I doubt they will, but I hope the committee takes into account their level of suck lately and decides to let a team that's more deserving in over OU. Like perhaps OSU for example.
                  Without a doubt. All that matters, or should, is how they're playing right now. It's not even debatable. The sooners haven't won a road game since the month of December. They've given up on the defensive side of the ball (hmm, wonder why?).

Does anyone on this board think it's significant in determining how good N. Iowa is right n-o-w by pointing to their November victories over NC State and SMU.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

Without a doubt. All that matters, or should, is how they're playing right now. It's not even debatable.

Does anyone on this board think it's significant in determining how good N. Iowa is right n-o-w by pointing to their Nov. victories over NC State and SMU.
                    It's very debatable.

If WSU loses to Temple tomorrow, they will have lost 2 straight games, at home and neutral. Should we not make the tourney? Squeak in with a 10 seed?

Comment

Working...
                    X