2017-2018 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

We cannot play SMU in the 2nd round?? Why are these things so wrong?
    Get over it -- nobody looks art match-up rules until the last week of the season, and some don't even then. It is only the inclusion in and the seed line that are reasonably useful.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Get over it -- nobody looks art match-up rules until the last week of the season, and some don't even then. It is only the inclusion in and the seed line that are reasonably useful.
      I mean, generally I agree. At the same time, this is from Lunardi, whose supposed job title is "Bracketoligist" and whose job is to crank out NCAA tourney brackets. At some point in the last 15 years, he literally could have written a program to take his S-Curve and make a bracket (something I'm not sure why the NCAA doesn't do either).

Comment

In looking at Lunardi's list, it strikes me that the Big East is projected to have 6 teams, with AAC at 3. But...you're not supposed to look at league's only teams...but... I cannot wrap my head around the Big East getting 6 teams (out of 10) vs. AAC with 3. I can already tell that the Big East is going to drive me crazy as a new AAC member school.

BE has 3 teams ranked (preseason) vs. 2 AAC. And 2-2 in "others receiving votes".

What I'm getting at: it seems the leagues are pretty even, but the BE ends up with 3 more invites to the dance.

Comment

I feel like UCF, Temple, Houston, and UCONN will all fall in the Last 4 Byes / Last 4 In / First 4 Out / Next 4 Out categories. It will all come down to OOC play. I'd be really surprised if we had less than 4 bids.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
            In looking at Lunardi's list, it strikes me that the Big East is projected to have 6 teams, with AAC at 3. But...you're not supposed to look at league's only teams...but... I cannot wrap my head around the Big East getting 6 teams (out of 10) vs. AAC with 3. I can already tell that the Big East is going to drive me crazy as a new AAC member school.

BE has 3 teams ranked (preseason) vs. 2 AAC. And 2-2 in "others receiving votes".

What I'm getting at: it seems the leagues are pretty even, but the BE ends up with 3 more invites to the dance.
            Quality losses. :bball_spin:
            Go Shocks!

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post

Yeah I understand like some complex rule, but this is one of the most obvious rules.

Comment

Bottom line, do well in OOC and don't lose to the bottom feeders in conference

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Bottom line, do well in OOC and don't lose to the bottom feeders in conference
                  Bingo, USF and ECU don't deserve wins, only OOC wins

Comment

Originally posted by UCONN_Husky View Post
                    I feel like UCF, Temple, Houston, and UCONN will all fall in the Last 4 Byes / Last 4 In / First 4 Out / Next 4 Out categories. It will all come down to OOC play. I'd be really surprised if we had less than 4 bids.
                    Exactly my take as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

Bingo, USF and ECU don't deserve wins, only OOC wins
                      They can beat up on each other and Tulane as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post

They can beat up on each other and Tulane as well.
                        Throw Memphis in there

Comment

• The Bracket Matrix is up...Shocks #7

Comment

• I find it of interest too that most of the predicted brackets I have seen have New Mexico State making the tournament in Coach Jans first year. Good deal and I hope he makes it happen. :)

Comment

• Lunardi has a new bracket out.. We are a 3 seed in Dallas. There are 4 American teams...

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by Windiwu View Post
                                Lunardi has a new bracket out.. We are a 3 seed in Dallas. There are 4 American teams...

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
                                And a 5th one, UCF, is the 2nd team out.

Very nice.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X