• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    "Behind the bracket: Why Kansas is still a No. 1 seed" - ESPN

Joe Lunardi, Senior Writer
    Posted: 12/07/17, 8:46 AM CT

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...d-bracket-why-kansas-jayhawks-no-1-seed

"Next up for a No. 1 seed. That would be Wichita State, but the Shockers were nearly shocked at home by South Dakota State. Further, any such consideration should wait until the return of injured forward Markis McDuffie. At full strength, most agree the sky is the limit for Gregg Marshall's team.

Projection: Correctly seeded for a change (most likely as a No. 2)..."
    WTF? Seriously?

KU loses (essentially at home) to an unranked team but they still deserve a 1 seed.

WSU could have but DIDN'T lose (at home) to an unranked team but we still don't deserve a 1 seed.

Does anyone in the national media realize we are 2 points (TWO POINTS!) away from being undefeated after having played two top 20 teams?
    "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post

WTF? Seriously?

KU loses (essentially at home) to an unranked team but they still deserve a 1 seed.

WSU could have but DIDN'T lose (at home) to an unranked team but we still don't deserve a 1 seed.

Does anyone in the national media realize we are 2 points (TWO POINTS!) away from being undefeated after having played two top 20 teams WITHOUT (statistically) OUR BEST PLAYER ?
      FIFY

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

It's early and Lunardi is probably still factoring in his own opinion. No reason to get riled up yet. If KU can't get Preston back or get Souza on campus, they're going to have a lot more problems than just Washington.
        When my team stops getting 10 seeds while other teams "losses don't matter" their way to 1 seeds, it will be time to not get riled up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

When my team stops getting 10 seeds while other teams "losses don't matter" their way to 1 seeds, it will be time to not get riled up.
          Are we really worried about Bracketology in December? When said Bracketology has the Shockers as a 2 seed?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post

Are we really worried about Bracketology in December? When said Bracketology has the Shockers as a 2 seed?
            I'm always worried about a national media narrative that uses mental gymnastics to slight WSU. It creates an environment in which the selection committee feels just fine giving WSU a 10 seed. And that narrative is started in October.

I don't even care if you say "KU is a 1 seed because good win over UK." That's fine. Instead saying "KU's loss doesn't matter but WSU has question marks because they almost didn't win by double digits without their best player" is not fine.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post

I'm always worried about a national media narrative that uses mental gymnastics to slight WSU. It creates an environment in which the selection committee feels just fine giving WSU a 10 seed. And that narrative is started in October.

I don't even care if you say "KU is a 1 seed because good win over UK." That's fine. Instead saying "KU's loss doesn't matter but WSU has question marks because they almost didn't win by double digits without their best player" is not fine.
              Agreed, and it's certainly a double standard. Good thing is, were still getting mad respect. Last year we'd be rated a 9 seed at best, just knowing our future conference schedule.

Our continued performance in the tournament, and, dare I say, "good losses" are getting more and more respect.

You know you got respect when you get "good losses". Next up, inconsequential losses! HahhHa

Comment

• Just keep winning. KU can be counted on to keep losing.

Comment

• 113 South Dakota St. Sum 7-4 +4.48 109.0 71 104.5 192 70.4 158 +.078 71 +7.66 27 107.4 37 99.7 25 +7.66 27
                  114 Washington P12 7-2 +4.41 107.8 86 103.4 171 72.5 64 +.145 21 -0.91 203 103.2 199 104.1 220 -0.91 197

lolzylolzlolz

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

To keep this "fair", I believe KWho will add 2-3 players about the same time we get MM back. I believe that game was considered a neutral court.
                      I don't know why I don't remember this: Is IBA considered a home or neutral court for us?
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post

I don't know why I don't remember this: Is IBA considered a home or neutral court for us?
                        It's home for NCAA purposes. Same with KU and the Sprint center for the Washington game. The proximity for KU in comparison to Washington and it wasn't a tournament means it's a home game.

Comment

• ShockerEngr
                          ShockerEngr commented
                          Editing a comment
                          KU controlled the gate (and had a giant jayhawk on the court)
                          It's not necessarily a home game due to proximity, but doing the ticketing makes it one.

• Rlh04d
                          Rlh04d commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Thank you!

I was worried that IBA would count as a home game for us while Sprint Center would count as a neutral for KU. Glad to see the NCAA is smarter than that for once.

• Comment

• Lunardi has now posted his weekly bracket. Hard to complain if this is how it ends up
                          Get the latest NCAA college basketball bracketology breakdown from ESPN's Joe Lunardi

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam Axe View Post
                            Hard to complain if this is how it ends up
                            Hold my beer...

Comment

• The next two weeks are going to be big for the league. Go 50% in the games below and I think we have a shot at getting 4 teams in. UConn probably needs to win both those road games to get back in the picture. Houston and Temple really need to win their game. UCF will probably get some media attention in March if they can finish Top 3-4 in the AAC because of the early injuries they've had. I think WSU, Cincinnati, and SMU are sitting in good shape barring a big setback in conference play.

Big Non-Con games remaining:
                              OU @ WSU
                              Cincinnati @ UCLA
                              Boise St @ SMU
                              Temple @ Georgia
                              UConn @ Arizona
                              UConn @ Auburn
                              Houston vs. Providence
                              Memphis vs. Louisville
                              LSU @ Memphis
                              Tulsa @ Oklahoma State

Comment