No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Davis dropped Ky from 5 to 15. Moved us up from 6 to 5. Kept his top 4 as Az, MI St, Duke and KU
    Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Still drinking Keurig coffee (Davis, that is.)
      Dominance is a state of mind.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post

He’s now subjected himself to getting death threats.
        You would think so, but interestingly enough the UK fans in the comment section seem to think he has them about right or even a bit too high. Barely beating Utah Valley must've taken some wind out of their sails. The Purdue fans are the ones doing most of the whining.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• "My AP top-25 basketball ballot: Duke remains No. 1, followed by Michigan State and Wichita State" - The Mecury News

By JON WILNER, AP Voter
          November 13, 2017 at 9:00 am

"This will be brief, in order to reflect the drama — or lack thereof — that came with the opening weekend of the regular season.

West Virginia was one of the few teams on my preseason ballot to play a quality opponent and the only one to lose:

The Mountaineers were beaten soundly by Texas A&M (No. 25 in the AP poll).

As a result, I slotted A&M into the No. 11 spot previously occupied by West Virginia and removed WVU altogether.

When a team’s only result is a 23-point loss, there isn’t much reason for top-25 inclusions — at least not until the Mountaineers produce a favorable outcome.

That said, I didn’t feel compelled to slot the Aggies in the top 10, because we have no idea if West Virginia is any good.

Otherwise, the Week One ballot is unchanged from the preseason version.

To the ballot …

1. Duke
          2. Michigan State
          3. Wichita State
          4. Arizona
          5. Villanova
          6. Kentucky
          7. USC
          8. Kansas
          9. Minnesota
          10. North Carolina

Others:
          12. Notre Dame
          13. Cincinnati
          22. Baylor

Comment

• "AP Top 25: Brant Wilkerson-New's Week 2 ballot" - News & Record’s (Greensboro, NC)

By Brant Wilkerson, AP Voter
            Posted: 11/13/17, 12:45pm cst

http://www.greensboro.com/sports/acc...2656bc569.html

Full Ballot:
            1. Duke
            2. Michigan State
            3. Arizona
            4. Kansas
            5. Kentucky
            6. Wichita State
            7. Villanova
            8. Florida
            9. Notre Dame
            10. North Carolina

Others:
            14. Cincinnati
            18. Baylor
            22. Oklahoma

Comment

• Can a brotha get a poll, or what?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                Can a brotha get a poll, or what?
                Haven't seen the poll yet, but it looks like we are moving from #7 to #6 at the expense of Kentucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Haven't seen the poll yet, but it looks like we are moving from #7 to #6 at the expense of Kentucky.
                  Nevermind, misread. Looks like we did indeed move up to #6.

Read the latest college basketball news. Keep up with college basketball rankings, scores, and stats of your favorite players and teams, all on AP News.

Comment

• Originally posted by AndShock View Post

We stayed at #7, Villanova and UK swapped #5 and #6. Haven’t seen an actual poll yet but the AP listed the top 10.

nevermind, misread. Looks like we did indeed move up to #6.
                    We jumped Kentucky to #6. Poll is in the video...

Comment

• "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• ROOT ANGRY!
                        ROOT ANGRY! commented
                        Editing a comment
                        That's last week's poll

• Here is the official poll: http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Not sure how we lost ground on Villanova. I guess their 15-point win over Columbia was more impressive than our 52-point win over UMKC. Who knew?!

Comment

• That's right, we bad...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post

I wonder how the Shockers would have fared in their Top 10 ballots had they done this?
                          This is just what I was thinking. If we mimicked Kentucky's performance, we'd be dropped to between 20 and 25, if not dropped out all together. I can understand 1 bad first game, but the 2nd game being worse, how do you keep them in the Top 10?

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                            Here is the official poll: http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Not sure how we lost ground on Villanova. I guess their 15-point win over Columbia was more impressive than our 52-point win over UMKC. Who knew?!
                            Poll Tracker isn’t up yet, but just browsing and David Cobb dropped us from #2 to #3

and Jerry Carino dropped us from #3 to #7. Some people apparently aren’t comfortable with voting against the masses.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                              Here is the official poll: http://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

We also lost significant ground to the teams behind us. It's going to be an uphill battle, at the very least until we win Maui, probably til we sweep the Big12, and possibly til April.

Comment

Working...
                              X