No announcement yet.

2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Duke keeps hold on No. 1 spot, Notre Dame moves up in USA TODAY men's basketball poll" - USA TODAY Sports

by Eddie Timanus
    Published 1:06 p.m. ET Nov. 27, 2017

It required two come-from-behind victories, but Duke held on to its No. 1 ranking in the latest USA TODAY men's basketball poll. Notre Dame rose seven spots to No. 5.

1. Duke
    2. Kansas
    3. Michigan State
    4. Villanova
    5. Notre Dame
    6. Florida
    7. Kentucky
    8. Wichita State
    9. Cincinnati
    10. Texas A&M

Others:
    16. Baylor
    32. Oklahoma
    39. SMU

Comment

• But the rationalists on here on Wednesday night said we were gonna drop 10 spots.
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by Jamar Howard 4 President View Post
        RESPECT
        Shock it to me, shock it to me!

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
        But the rationalists on here on Wednesday night said we were gonna drop 10 spots.
        I certainly thought we would drop more than we did. Colour me pleasantly surprised. Time to back it up with a couple of wins this week.

Comment

• I am a Turge fan but I have always held a bit of resentment with his "at this level" comment. I noticed that Maryland received 1 vote while former teams aTm and our Shocks are ranked #9 & #8 respectively. Feeling pretty good "at this level." I believe that home is what you make of it, regardless where it is located.

Go Shocks!
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• It just dawned on me. Do you know what just happened??? We just experienced our first ever “quality loss!”

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
              It just dawned on me. Do you know what just happened??? We just experienced our first ever “quality loss!”
              Welcome to the big time!

Comment

• "College Basketball Power Rankings: Where Do the Top Teams Stand as November Ends?" - Sports Illustrated

By Molly Geary
                November 29, 2017

"Welcome to SI.com’s weekly college basketball power rankings, which will take a closer look at 25 of the country’s best teams (and keep a running a mid-major top five as well). With the Thanksgiving tournaments in the rearview mirror and conference play fast approaching, we know enough to make some preliminary conclusions about the teams many thought were good enough to play deep into March....

1. Duke (8-0)
                2. VILLANOVA (6–0)
                3. MICHIGAN STATE (5–1)
                4. TEXAS A&M (6–0)
                5. FLORIDA (5–1)
                6. KANSAS (6–0)
                7. NOTRE DAME (6–0)
                8. WICHITA STATE (5-1)
                Last Week: lost to No.7 Notre Dame, beat Savannah State
                Next Week: at No. 16 Baylor, vs. South Dakota State

The Shockers blew a 16-point lead in the aforementioned loss to Notre Dame, part of a Jekyll and Hyde performance across three days at the Maui Invitational. Wichita State showed how explosive its offense can be in its 54-point second half against Cal, and then its defense held the high-powered Irish offense to just 23 points in the first half of that game. But things fell apart when the Shockers couldn’t crack Notre Dame’s 2–3 zone in the second half as the Irish stole the win. With Baylor looming on Sunday, the Shockers—who are still without Markis McDuffie—will get another big test against a zone soon.

9. KENTUCKY (6–1)
                10. MINNESOTA (7–0)

Others:
                13. CINCINNATI (7–0)
                21. BAYLOR (5–1)..."

Comment

• So do we move up in the polls or stay put?

Comment

• Originally posted by wheathead View Post
                    So do we move up in the polls or stay put?
                    ND lost, so that will get interesting. I believe everyone else won all their games.

Comment

• Comment

• Kentucky is overrated garbage. If anybody has any intellect when voting and studies an ounce of college basketball will have us at least above them tomorrow.

I think with the ND loss we could pull back up to #6 again.
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• wheathead
                          wheathead commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Parrish us above them in his daily 25 and 1.

• My guess is that we might move up one place, but most likely Florirda moves to #5 (they had no games this last week), Kentucky moves to #6 ( they had one game against Harvard at home which they won. Notre Dame drops to #7 after their beat down by #3 Michigan State.

I think the mostly likely scenario is that we stay at #8, but that Wichita State increases our overall number of points from 1,134 to probaby 1,150+.
                        Last edited by WuShock Reaper; December 4, 2017, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• We should jump Kentucky.

Comment

• I'd guess we'll check in at #7 (passing Notre Dame). We should leap Kentucky too, but I'm guessing they'll stay just above us.

Comment

Working...
                            X