2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
    "Murray's AP Top 25 basketball poll: Worst week ever for Arizona" - Reno Gazette-Journal

Chris Murray, AP Voter
    Published 7:41 a.m. PT Nov. 27, 2017

http://www.rgj.com/story/sports/2017...ona/897448001/

Chris Murray’s AP Top 25

1. Duke (1)
    2. Kansas (2)
    3. Villanova (5)
    4. Michigan State (4)
    5. Notre Dame (12)
    6. Florida (8)
    7. Kentucky (7)
    8. Texas A&M (20)
    9. Miami (9)
    10. Wichita State (6)

Others:
    12. Cincinnati (13)
    16. Baylor (16)
    He really took our game seriously for MM being out. If I had a ballot I'd put us 6th and ND 9th-10th

Comment

• It’s funny how Notre Dame jumps 7 spots by winning by 1 over us! We must be one helluva quality win for them!!

Comment

• "My AP top-25 basketball ballot: Duke remains No. 1; Notre Dame, Florida and Texas A&M rise; Arizona vanishes" - Bay Area News Group

By JON WILNER, AP VOTER
        November 27, 2017 at 8:15 am PST

Highlights from the ballot … Duke teetered, but rallied to beat Florida and retain its hold on No. 1. The Blue Devils have the best combination of victories (UF and Michigan State) in the cou…

"...*** Notre Dame made a huge jump, from No. 13 to No. 5, after its victory over Wichita State.

The Shockers, who were No. 3 last week, fell to ninth....

1. Duke
        2. Kansas
        3. Michigan State
        4. Villanova
        5. Notre Dame
        6. Florida
        7. Texas A&M
        8. Kentucky
        9. Wichita State
        10. Minnesota

Others:
        11. Cincinnati
        21. Baylor..."

Comment

• "College Basketball Power Rankings 2017: Week 4 Rankings" - COED Sports

by Tyler Gambill
          posted:11/27/17, 10:00am cst

Here are COED's college basketball power rankings for week 4. See how we rank college basketballs best teams for this week.

"1. Duke Blue Devils
          2. Kansas Jayhawks
          3. Villanova Wildcats
          4. Michigan State Spartans
          5. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
          6. Kentucky Wildcats
          7. Minnesota Golden Gophers
          8. Texas A&M Aggies
          9. Miami Hurricanes
          10. Florida Gators

Others:
          11. Wichita State Shockers - While the loss to Notre Dame was nothing short of devastating, this is a well-coached program that could quickly develop into a national powerhouse. Between the shooting efficiency of sophomore guard Landry Shamet (15.8 PPG, 60 FG%) and the high-flying rebounding abilities of senior forward Rashard Kelly (8.8 RPG), the Shockers have some great players who know how to play their defined roles to near perfection. Although the offense will need to improve to take down the elite opposition, the talent and discipline are there for this program to grow and succeed as the season progresses.

13. Cincinnati Bearcats - Like most talented programs, the Bearcats have easily dispatched their initial opponents and are chomping at the bit to prove themselves. Luckily for the Bearcats, December is right around the corner with Xavier and Florida equally anxious to sharpen their teeth against a formidable opponent. With the Bearcats offense (88.7 PPG) and defense (58.3 PAPG) currently firing on all cylinders, this is a program that is worth keeping a close eye on in the coming weeks.

15. Baylor Bears - If senior forward Jo Lual-Acuil Jr. (11.2 RPG, 1.2 BPG) and the Baylor Bears can continue to be this dominant on defense (59.4 PAPG), they could feasibly challenge Kansas for the BIG 12 Title by the end of the season. Until then, Baylor should be more than content with the production they are receiving from their veterans in senior guard Manu Lecomte (19 PPG) and senior forward Terry Maston (11 PPG, 8.6 RPG, 60 FG%). With Xavier and Wichita State on the schedule next, the Bears will look to establish a much more consistent presence offensively while staying true to their effective and relentless defensive nature...."

Comment

• Anyone that has Kentucky ahead of WSU on their ballot probably shouldn't have a ballot any more.

I'm guessing that will be basically everyone today.

Comment

• New AP poll is out: https://collegebasketball.ap.org/poll

Comment

• WuShock Reaper
                WuShock Reaper commented
                Editing a comment
                Much better than I thought we would be this week.

​​​​​​​

• Wow. I'm very pleasantly surprised. Gave mad respect to ND of the win over us, and didn't hammer us too bad. I'll take it. Back to the grind.

Comment

• That’s not bad. The Kentucky position, whatever.

Comment

• "NCAA Basketball Top 25 for 11/27" - The Grueling Truth in Sports

By Mike Goodpaster
                  posted: 11/27/17

http://thegruelingtruth.net/basketba...l-top-25-1127/

1) Duke Blue Devils. Came back to beat a very good Florida team.
                  2) Kansas Jayhawks. The Jayhawks continue to roll.
                  3) Michigan State Spartans. Handled the Tarheels fairly easily.
                  4) Notre Dame Fighting Irish. Got a big win over Wichita State.
                  5) Wichita State Shockers. Blew a 15-point lead against Notre Dame.
                  6) Kentucky Wildcats. Blew out UIC.
                  7) Florida Gators.Jalen Hudson got a career-high 35 points in Friday’s 2OT victory over Gonzaga, then blew an early lead in their loss to Duke.
                  8) Villanova Wildcats. Mikal Bridges got 18 points and seven rebounds in Friday’s win over Northern Iowa.
                  9) Texas A&M Aggies. Got a huge win over USC.
                  10) Miami Hurricanes.Anthony Lawrence got 14 points off the bench in Saturday’s win over North Florida

Others:
                  12) Cincinnati Bearcats. The Bearcats continue to play well. Unlike past Bearcats team, this is a good offensive team.
                  15) Baylor Bears. Got a nice win against Creighton.

Comment

• Originally posted by OSShock View Post
                    It’s funny how Notre Dame jumps 7 spots by winning by 1 over us! We must be one helluva quality win for them!!
                    IMHO, ND deserves recognition. Not just for our win. They are undefeated, and from what I saw a quality team. But, yes, I agree with you; this will rank as a quality win for them at the end of the year.

Comment

• I’ve always thought poll mechanics should be different than actually ranking the best teams. That seems flawed and I don’t really have a justification for it but that’s just always been the way I’ve thought about polls. For example: do I think ND is a top 5 team? Definitely not, but they deserve to be ranked top 5. I think we’re a top 10 team, but I don’t think we necessarily deserve our top 10 ranking.

Comment

• wheathead
                        wheathead commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Your last sentence. I'm confused.

• FadedCrown
                        FadedCrown commented
                        Editing a comment
                        So you want to rank completely based on performance?

• AndShock
                        AndShock commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I guess that's a much easier way of putting it.

• Notre Dame with a big boost from beating WSU. Shox fall only 2 spots and still in front of a bunch of undefeated power conference schools.

RESPECT

Comment

• Notre Dame deserves a jump, not just for their comeback but for demolishing two other teams before hand. I think we are getting a lot of respect; the pollsters pretty think we are solidly a top 10 team, and losing by 1 to another top 10 team isn't the end of the world.

I wonder how much McDuffie is factoring into the polls. I get the feeling that some are saying we are a top 10 "as-is," while others are saying we'd be a top 10 team with McDuffie healthy (IE, we'd have won vs Notre Dame).

Comment

• Wichita State is #8 in the AP poll. Notre Dame jumps up to #5.

Baylor is #16, which makes that matchup all the more intriguing.
                          Last edited by rjl; November 27, 2017, 12:21 PM.
                          The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

• We need to come through this week. A lot to ask playing @ #16 without one of your best players, but we need to put up.

Comment

Working...
                            X