2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
    Since RPI is strictly based on W/L records of teams ... I'm not sure how a realtimeRPI would be useful right now.
    Right, but the record projections are current.
    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
    ---------------------------------------
    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Tulsa wouldn't like that ranking.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
        Well, Reaper, let's hope that Pomeroy's top FIVE -- and his preseason #4 in particular -- match last year's performance. I think we could all live with that.
        FIFY. I’m good with the Beakers losing in the second round.

78-65

Comment

• Comment

• "No. 5: Wichita State moves to new league, expects same results" - The Fieldhouse

By Seth Davis
            posted: 10/30/17

In recent years, Wichita State dominated the Missouri Valley Conference in borderline embarrassing fashion. The Shockers lost a grand total of four conference games (to 68 wins) over the last four seasons, and they won or shared five of the last six regular-season titles. Wichita State was primed to...

"In recent years, Wichita State dominated the Missouri Valley Conference in borderline embarrassing fashion. The Shockers lost a grand total of four conference games (to 68 wins) over the last four seasons, and they won or shared five of the last six regular-season titles. Wichita State was primed to put even more distance between itself and the rest of the pack in 2017-18, but thanks to the school’s decision last April to accept an invitation to become the 12th member of the American Athletic Conference, the Shockers will instead test their mettle against more quality opponents.

Wichita State’s departure after 72 years in the Valley was a blow to that league, but it was a great move for both the program, which has been criminally under-seeded by the NCAA men’s basketball committee the last few years, and the AAC, which has likewise struggled to gain a foothold. Not everything is changing, however. Wichita State is still entering the season as the consensus favorite to win..."

Comment

• October Seth Davis: Says WSU was criminally under-seeded last year.

November-March Seth Davis: Puts cap on his AP vote for WSU because schedule.

Maybe if these writers didn't spend as much time during the basketball season telling the public and the selection committee that WSU should be a 10 seed, they wouldn't have to spend so much time during the off-season talking about how terrible it was WSU was a 10 seed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                October Seth Davis: Says WSU was criminally under-seeded last year.

November-March Seth Davis: Puts cap on his AP vote for WSU because schedule.

Maybe if these writers didn't spend as much time during the basketball season telling the public and the selection committee that WSU should be a 10 seed, they wouldn't have to spend so much time during the off-season talking about how terrible it was WSU was a 10 seed.
                I noticed that too

Comment

• Does AP come out today?

Comment

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
                    Does AP come out today?
                    It does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post

It does.
                      You got a time?

Comment

It does.
                        Does the AP results come out today, or are the AP Voter's Ballots due in to AP today?

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Does the AP results come out today, or are the AP Voter's Ballots due in to AP today?
                          It would make since for AP to release it Monday the 6th so they could do it each week after that.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post

Per Jerry Carino, today is the day although he certainly may be mistaken.

No idea on specific time although I'd expect it to drop in the usual time slot (some time between 11:45 AM - 1 PM CST)

Comment

Per Jerry Carino, today is the day although he certainly may be mistaken.

No idea on specific time although I'd expect it to drop in the usual time slot (some time between 11:45 AM - 1 PM CST)
                              It says November 1st

Comment

• Originally posted by FadedCrown View Post

It says November 1st
                                lol, you are right.

I could have sworn it said October 30 when originally published. Perhaps old age is gaining traction.

Looks like Wednesday is the day.

Comment

Working...
                                X