2017-18 National Poll Rankings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wichshock65 View Post
    Fansided Top 25 comes out tomorrow. Sounds like their #1 might turn some heads.

https://twitter.com/JosephNardone/st...55356621606912
    With two of our best players out for awhile? Surely this isn't meant to impress our fanbase? Yes, we have depth, but so do others. I would rather not have that big of a target on our back right out of the box.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
      With two of our best players out for awhile? Surely this isn't meant to impress our fanbase? Yes, we have depth, but so do others. I would rather not have that big of a target on our back right out of the box.
      I don't think there's a significant difference in the size of the target between #1 and #5 when the Shox are the highest-ranked team in the tourney with either ranking.
      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• What kind of soulless bastard fears a target? Is not the goal to be the best? And it sounds as if Shamet shall return prior to Maui so I do not think that is out for awhile when it comes down to it.
        The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dark Lord View Post
          What kind of soulless bastard fears a target? Is not the goal to be the best? And it sounds as if Shamet shall return prior to Maui so I do not think that is out for awhile when it comes down to it.
          Wow! "Soulless bastard." That's harsh. And no one said anything about "fearing" the target, just that I (my opinion only, and I am entitled to it) would rather not see it on our backs right out of the shoot. "Bastard" I am not (I'm a middle child and my parents were married to each other when my older brother as well as my younger sister was born) and as to "soulless" I believe only God knows that. I see that you have had only 51 posts so you may be very young and immature (at last I hope that is the excuse) but please think about what a phrase really means before you use it -- not just because you think it has a catchy sound.

Comment

Wow! "Soulless bastard." That's harsh. And no one said anything about "fearing" the target, just that I (my opinion only, and I am entitled to it) would rather not see it on our backs right out of the shoot. "Bastard" I am not (I'm a middle child and my parents were married to each other when my older brother as well as my younger sister was born) and as to "soulless" I believe only God knows that. I see that you have had only 51 posts so you may be very young and immature (at last I hope that is the excuse) but please think about what a phrase really means before you use it -- not just because you think it has a catchy sound.
            Look at his post history ... Then look at the Screen Name ...

Comment

• Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Originally posted by WheatShock View Post
                If the OVERREACTING comment is meant for me, I don't feel it's an overreaction to object to being called a soulless bastard. When have we become so immune to this kind of talk that it no longer bothers us. Fan board or not -- use some common decency in posting.

Comment

If the OVERREACTING comment is meant for me, I don't feel it's an overreaction to object to being called a soulless bastard. When have we become so immune to this kind of talk that it no longer bothers us. Fan board or not -- use some common decency in posting.
                  Shox21 just chill a tad. Did you take stickboy up on his offer to read his post history? He's been posting since the conference change. Every one of his posts have to do with his avatar. When I read the post I thought it was funny because I KNEW he wasn't truly calling you a "soul-less bastard." Please don't take it as a character assassination. Dark Lord has a comical evil-ness to uphold and that is all he is doing.

Comment

• “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• "How the college basketball scandal changes the Top 25 (and 1) preseason rankings" - CBS Sports

by Gary Parrish

Posted: 10/02/17, 5:30pm CST

1. Duke
                      2. Arizona
                      3. Kansas
                      4. Michigan State
                      5. Wichita State
                      6. Kentucky
                      7. Villanova
                      8. USC
                      9. Florida
                      10. Miami

Others:
                      12. Notre Dame (Potential Maui Opponent)
                      15. Cincinnati
                      17. Baylor
                      18. Louisville (-12 spots)
                      Last edited by WuShock Reaper; October 2, 2017, 06:30 PM.

Comment

• "Rothstein | FanRag Sports CBB Preseason Top 25 for 2017-18 season" - FanRag Sports

By Jon Rothstein
                        Posted on Oct 3, 2017

1. Duke
                        2. Michigan State
                        3. Arizona
                        4. Kansas
                        5. Kentucky
                        6. Villanova
                        7. USC
                        8. Wichita State: The Skinny: Shockers will step up a weight class in the American Conference.
                        9. Cincinnati
                        10. Louisville..."

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                          "Rothstein | FanRag Sports CBB Preseason Top 25 for 2017-18 season" - FanRag Sports

By Jon Rothstein
                          Posted on Oct 3, 2017

1. Duke
                          2. Michigan State
                          3. Arizona
                          4. Kansas
                          5. Kentucky
                          6. Villanova
                          7. USC
                          8. Wichita State: The Skinny: Shockers will step up a weight class in the American Conference.
                          9. Cincinnati
                          10. Louisville..."
                          i see louisville is representing. where is north carolina?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                            i see louisville is representing. where is north carolina?
                            Somewhere on the east coast. Pretty sure it's above south carolina.

Comment

• Originally posted by WuShock Reaper View Post
                              "Rothstein | FanRag Sports CBB Preseason Top 25 for 2017-18 season" - FanRag Sports

By Jon Rothstein
                              Posted on Oct 3, 2017

1. Duke
                              2. Michigan State
                              3. Arizona
                              4. Kansas
                              5. Kentucky
                              6. Villanova
                              7. USC
                              9. Cincinnati
                              10. Louisville..."
                              Good to see Cincy in the top ten

Comment

chris was a student at wsu for a couple years before transferring to ku. he attends a lot of shocker games. probably irrelevant, but hes typically pro-wsu.

Comment

Working...
                                X