X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
    I'll take Gonzaga +9.5

How much do we wanna lay down?
    Ha, now why would I want to do that when I get take UNC -1? Plus...Gonzaga has the most obnoxious unintelligent fans I've ever met (at least the ones in my March Madness in Vegas group on fbook) so i'm going to be cheering extra hard for UNC for that reason alone.

Comment

Zag's perimeter D is pretty good. So is their interior D. If they can stop UNC's Berry from exploding at key times, resulting in easy buckets (lay ups), I like their chances. A lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Horn28Clem30 View Post
        Ha, now why would I want to do that when I get take UNC -1? Plus...Gonzaga has the most obnoxious unintelligent fans I've ever met (at least the ones in my March Madness in Vegas group on fbook) so i'm going to be cheering extra hard for UNC for that reason alone.
        Well you were the one that said double digits and you mocked the notion that Gonzaga could be even with UNC.

Wait, did you just say you're rooting for UNC because Gonzaga fans are obnoxious? Did I read that correctly? LOL
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Line right now is UNC -1 or -1.5. I'd take Gonzaga +1.5.

As much as I want Gonzaga to win, I kinda want us to be the first team in the modern era to climb that "mid-major" mountain and get a natty. I do exclude UConn, Nova, and Louisville from that label.
          "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
            Well you were the one that said double digits and you mocked the notion that Gonzaga could be even with UNC.

Wait, did you just say you're rooting for UNC because Gonzaga fans are obnoxious? Did I read that correctly? LOL
            I truly don't think Gonzaga can compete w/ UNC. I'll admit i'm wrong if they win or it ends up being a thriller of a game. But yes..Gonzaga fans in that group at least make Creighton and/or Kentucky fans look like a group of Einstein's

Comment

I truly don't think Gonzaga can compete w/ UNC. I'll admit i'm wrong if they win or it ends up being a thriller of a game. But yes..Gonzaga fans in that group at least make Creighton and/or Kentucky fans look like a group of Einstein's
              Then take his bet

Comment

I hope UNC wins. Roy has his flaws but I'd like to see him get a 3rd title.. plus to have a team win it that has stayed together is a good thing, I think.

Comment

A couple of you obviously have no souls.

Go Zags
                  The boundaries which divide Life from Death are at best shadowy and vague. Who shall say where the one ends, and where the other begins?

Comment

KenPom says 79-75, Zags with 63% chance to win.

Comment

North Carolina has a had a couple bad offensive nights in a row, and I think that goes back to Joel Berry's injury. If both teams were healthy, I'd say it is a toss-up as both have solid bigs, wings, and guards and both shoot the 3 and defend at a high level. But without Berry healthy, I think UNC is struggling on offense. A combination of luck + defense got them by UK and Oregon (both of whom shot an extremely poor percentage on open jumpers), but I don't think Gonzaga will be that easy.

Frankly speaking, I think Gonzaga is a better team right now and their relatively easy route through the tournament shows is partially because they are playing at a higher level. Their weakness is that despite their height they aren't great rebounders, which is something UNC's best in the nation offensive rebounding can exploit, but if Gonzaga defends the boards, plays defense, and shoots like they have the past 4 games I give them the game with a fair amount of confidence.

Comment

Lol! Well, I've witnessed almost all the Gonzaga fans first hand in Salt Lake City a few years ago and I can assure you they don't hold an candle to UNC fans, who I have also witnessed first hand. That might be the most insane comparison I've ever heard. I wouldn't put UNC fans to the Kentucky level but similar to idiot KU fans. Loud, obnoxious and most have never stepped foot on campus.

Comment

Originally posted by CBB_Fan View Post
                          North Carolina has a had a couple bad offensive nights in a row, and I think that goes back to Joel Berry's injury. If both teams were healthy, I'd say it is a toss-up as both have solid bigs, wings, and guards and both shoot the 3 and defend at a high level. But without Berry healthy, I think UNC is struggling on offense. A combination of luck + defense got them by UK and Oregon (both of whom shot an extremely poor percentage on open jumpers), but I don't think Gonzaga will be that easy.

Frankly speaking, I think Gonzaga is a better team right now and their relatively easy route through the tournament shows is partially because they are playing at a higher level. Their weakness is that despite their height they aren't great rebounders, which is something UNC's best in the nation offensive rebounding can exploit, but if Gonzaga defends the boards, plays defense, and shoots like they have the past 4 games I give them the game with a fair amount of confidence.
                          They had a tough go of it against Arkansas too.

Comment

Originally posted by martymoose View Post
                            Lol! Well, I've witnessed almost all the Gonzaga fans first hand in Salt Lake City a few years ago and I can assure you they don't hold an candle to UNC fans, who I have also witnessed first hand. That might be the most insane comparison I've ever heard. I wouldn't put UNC fans to the Kentucky level but similar to idiot KU fans. Loud, obnoxious and most have never stepped foot on campus.
                            I met Gonzaga fans personally in Salt Lake as well. I'm on the side of the thinking they are potentially the worst fans in college basketball. That and my personal considered rivalry with Gonzaga makes it hard to root for them, but this is a true mid vs. a blue blood, thus making it very easy.

Comment

I think it is weird when Jim Nance says "Prelude to a Championship". Prelude? What is there an orchestra playing somewhere in the arena?

Comment

Zags by 1 in OT.

Comment

Working...
                                X