No announcement yet.

Muller to Dayton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muller got a contract extension through 2024. His base pay went from $400K to $600K with a buyout of $50,000!

In addition to that hefty buyout, there's also a clause requiring a home/home with the school that hires him - which is an easy buyout.

Sounds like Illinois State is pretty much resigned to letting him get out the door pretty easily. Either that or IlSU couldn't go any higher in salary and had to put in some easy bailouts to get Muller to sign on. Either situation just sounds like IlSU's administration is content to be a "competitive" MVC program with some occasional down years if they ever have a coach good enough to get out the door.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
      Muller got a contract extension through 2024. His base pay went from $400K to $600K with a buyout of $50,000!

In addition to that hefty buyout, there's also a clause requiring a home/home with the school that hires him - which is an easy buyout.

Sounds like Illinois State is pretty much resigned to letting him get out the door pretty easily. Either that or IlSU couldn't go any higher in salary and had to put in some easy bailouts to get Muller to sign on. Either situation just sounds like IlSU's administration is content to be a "competitive" MVC program with some occasional down years if they ever have a coach good enough to get out the door.
      Don't look, but Marshall's buyout (if he were to leave) isn't that much either. Most coaches aren't as they aren't likely to sign something that keeps them stuck and from moving on.
      Winthrop tried to get him to sign a contract that kept him in place long term and Gregg wouldn't sign it (part of the deal was to name the court after him)
      Generally the buyout for the coach is intended to defeat the cost of the coaching search that follows.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerEngr View Post
        Don't look, but Marshall's buyout (if he were to leave) isn't that much either. Most coaches aren't as they aren't likely to sign something that keeps them stuck and from moving on.
        Winthrop tried to get him to sign a contract that kept him in place long term and Gregg wouldn't sign it (part of the deal was to name the court after him)
        Generally the buyout for the coach is intended to defeat the cost of the coaching search that follows.
        It's the $3.5 mill - not the $350K buyout that discourages schools from poaching Marshall. Muller's $600Kwon't slow anybody down.

Comment

Muller got a contract extension through 2024. His base pay went from $400K to $600K with a buyout of $50,000
          Funny how we think that $600,000 is not much money. In Mullers case he is being over-paid.

Comment

It's the $3.5 mill - not the $350K buyout that discourages schools from poaching Marshall. Muller's $600Kwon't slow anybody down.
            His relative lack of success should.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
              His relative lack of success should.
              That and the number of players who actually stay there for 4 years.

Comment

I wish I got a 50% raise for being average at my job for a short period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Just that Dayton is far and away the best program in the A-10 and that the A-10 is the best mid-major conference.
                  Perhaps my 100-mile proximity to VCU may overrate them in my mind, but I would put them about even with Dayton in the A-10. If you've ever been to a game at the Rams' Siegel Center, the atmosphere is the bomb and always packed. To finally see their intra-city rivalry with Richmond, I went to their road game there (UR's Robins Center) and their invasion (Fri Night ESPN game) was impressive.

Regardless, I wonder how many of you folks are like me and would like to see us invite both to the conference?

Comment

That and the number of players who actually stay there for 4 years.
                    Calapari has the same problem
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      Calapari has the same problem
                      When your players are leaving for the NBA, that isn't exactly a problem. . .

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        I wish I got a 50% raise for being average at my job for a short period of time.
                        Maybe you should run for Congress...

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
                          Funny how we think that $600,000 is not much money. In Mullers case he is being over-paid.
                          Maybe he can buy better clothes....

Comment

Originally posted by MemTGRS
                            Regardless, I wonder how many of you folks are like me and would like to see us invite both to the conference?
                            If the conference's only concern is to bolster their basketball profile, it would be a no brainer...but my guess would be that any future expansion will be more football driven to bolster their position as a P5.

Comment

nm

Comment

Originally posted by MemTGRS View Post
                                Perhaps my 100-mile proximity to VCU may overrate them in my mind, but I would put them about even with Dayton in the A-10. If you've ever been to a game at the Rams' Siegel Center, the atmosphere is the bomb and always packed. To finally see their intra-city rivalry with Richmond, I went to their road game there (UR's Robins Center) and their invasion (Fri Night ESPN game) was impressive.

They've both been good for quite a while. You bet I'd be for them coming

Comment

Working...
                                X