Muller to Dayton?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
    Muller is a Redbird though. If Ill St can bump up his pay, then he prolly will stay. But can/will they?
    At this point I'd say "what's the point?"

Muller is every bit as aware as we are that the MVC is a sinking ship and I'd almost take a pay cut to get out if WSU leaves. If you get an offer at a school that is the kind of name Dayton has, you just take it.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerPrez View Post
      Muller is a Redbird though. If Ill St can bump up his pay, then he prolly will stay. But can/will they?
      During the MVC tournament the WSU announcers were talking about rumors floating around that Muller wanted out of ISUR. Also it seems that any P5 job that has came open he has been been really trying hard to be a candidate. Then add in that ISUR is trouble budgetwise and will need to cut back - I think it all adds up he is gone if that ends up being Dayton only choice.

Comment

@JonRothstein BREAKING: Dayton will hire Anthony Grant as its next head basketball coach, per a source. Former head coach at both Alabama and VCU.
        "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

That's a good hire for them. I like and respect Grant, good coach.
          "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

That rushing wind outside today is coming from the giant collective "gasp," followed by another giant "whew" coming out of Normal today.

Also, I would think it would be awkward if twitter was reporting that your coach was on the short list for a program that is much better than yours. Fortunately, for Shocker fans, UCLA, Mizzou, Texas, Alabama, South Carolina, etc are not better programs than WSU so we didn't have to worry much :) hehe

Comment

I think Coach Grant will be successful at Dayton. I also think our odds of scheduling them are now even higher than if Archie had stayed.

Comment

*Sad trombone noise for Dan*

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  Dayton is the WSU of the A-10. The A-10 is the MVC from 10 years ago.
                  I'm a bit confused by this...what do you mean? Not antagonistic at all.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyShock View Post
                    *Sad trombone noise for Dan*
                    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Kel Varnsen View Post
                      @JonRothstein BREAKING: Dayton will hire Anthony Grant as its next head basketball coach, per a source. Former head coach at both Alabama and VCU.
                      You wonder if VCU made a play for Grant at all.

Kinda funny they have to play against him at Dayton now.
                      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                      -John Wooden

Comment

Interesting that he played at Dayton. I didn't know that. Further Wikipedia tells me that Alabama was pretty good in the SEC in 11 and 13 and played in the NIT. No way in today's environment does a 20 win OOC and 12 win in SEC Alabama misss the tournament.
                        Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                          I think Coach Grant will be successful at Dayton. I also think our odds of scheduling them are now even higher than if Archie had stayed.
                          Bingo
                          The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            At this point I'd say "what's the point?"

Muller is every bit as aware as we are that the MVC is a sinking ship and I'd almost take a pay cut to get out if WSU leaves. If you get an offer at a school that is the kind of name Dayton has, you just take it.
                            I agree. If Muller wants to advance he has to leave. Was more wondering if Ill St is serious about following WSUs lead, or if they are resigned to being a Valley school. Looks like they didnt have to try now. Will be interesting to see what happens in the future.

But once WSU leaves, it will all be an OVC type conference. It has been for years anyway, ad WSU was the only school getting at large bids.
                            "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              I'm a bit confused by this...what do you mean? Not antagonistic at all.
                              Just that Dayton is far and away the best program in the A-10 and that the A-10 is the best mid-major conference.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

In the last ten seasons, no current Valley team other than WSU has received an at-large bid. 2008 Drake and UNI in 2010 and 2015 were good enough but won the auto-bid.

Even Creighton only had two at-large-quality seasons in their six years of that timeframe, winning the auto-bid in 2012 and 2013 to make it a moot point.
                                78-65

Comment

Working...
                                X