No announcement yet.

Landry = The Real Deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like he's all-in and not coming back but he didn't say anything about an agent (but I'm assuming that is the case).

Comment

• yes he did

Comment

• IMO this really bumps us way up in the eyes of potential recruits. Looking at you Mr. Akinjo.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
          yes he did
          said what?

Comment

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            sign w an agent

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          IMO this really bumps us way up in the eyes of potential recruits. Looking at you Mr. Akinjo.
          Yeah can all but guarantee a starting spot from day 1

Comment

• 1979Shocker
            1979Shocker commented
            Editing a comment
            It can also make SHJ want to stay now if he had any thoughts about transferring.

• pinstripers
            pinstripers commented
            Editing a comment
            SMDH

• ShockerFever
            ShockerFever commented
            Editing a comment
            No 1979.

Just no.

• Originally posted by Shocktoberfest View Post
          IMO this really bumps us way up in the eyes of potential recruits. Looking at you Mr. Akinjo.
          Depends on the recruit. Landry has always said a huge reason he came to WSU was to play with and learn from FVV and Baker for a year.

Comment

• Best of luck to Mr. Shamet.

Next season could be a lot of fun as a fan for a different set of reasons than we have had for the past 5+. Watching a good coach take a whole bunch of well-rated new players and see how much progress they can make. Rather exciting, really.

Comment

• BOBB
              BOBB commented
              Editing a comment
              After what felt like an underachieving year, it will be fun to watch a new team without the weight of high expectations.

• Wish him the best of luck and probably most important, the best of health. Hope he gets a full summer to work and get better, but also to get stronger. I enjoy watching and cheering WSU players in the NBA and hope to watch him for the next 10 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever View Post
              Ouch for us, good for him. He must be sure, or getting told he’s surely going in the first round.

I personally don’t think he’s ready but his potential is high.

Good luck Landry and thanks for everything.
              Agree with your post, Fev, except " Ouch for us, hoping it's good for him"

No sour grapes here and I'm about as far away from judging NBA talent as one could get, but, I too didn't think he was ready. He has a good head on his shoulders and that might be the difference.

I'm wondering, if he signs with an agent now, could that hurt his positioning in the draft or help. They'll know he has to leave college, so there's no leverage there. Even if he doesn't sign with an agent, his comments are pretty much to the point that he's gone.

Can HCGM afford to hold out a spot for him if he doesn't sign with an agent now, based on his statement? My guess is Marshall is one of a very few who knows for sure what LS is doing or not.

Comment

• Cdizzle
                Cdizzle commented
                Editing a comment
                Everyone who is still in the draft on draft day has no leverage, so I'm not sure that part really matters.

• Taylor Eldridge@tayloreldridge 42m42 minutes ago More
              • Copy link to Tweet
              • Embed Tweet

Landry Shamet indicated he would sign with an agent, which would end his collegiate career at Wichita State. He's poised to be the 4th Shocker in the NBA in the last 5 years.

Last edited by pinstripers; March 29, 2018, 01:26 PM.

Comment

• Landry did us a favor by declaring now instead of in May when most fringe 1st rounders will declare. Should really help with recruiting before the signing period.
                Last edited by shocks02; March 29, 2018, 01:29 PM.

Comment

• Can't disagree with the kid. Quite often a players stock diminishes rather than rises by sticking around. If he's considered a 1st rounder by most right now, go right now...

It's helps GGG if he can point to players he's developed for the NBA who weren't "can't miss" recruits out of high school.

Comment

• congratulations Landry - always a Shocker! Thank you for making Wichita your home the last few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                      Landry did us a favor by declaring now instead of in May when most fringe 1st rounders will declare. Should really help with recruiting before the signing period.
                      Good point. Now the staff doesn't have to decide whether or not to hold a spot open for him until June.
                      Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• In the long run...

This is great for Landry and great for WSU.

First, he had little to prove at WSU that would improve his draft stock. His draft position (first, second, N/A) will not be impacted by going this year and he starts making money now!

Second, he declared early... that will help provide confidence to potential recruits that there are minutes available.

Third, HCGM took a marginal top 100 guy and got him to the NBA in 2 years.... We can use this!

Comment

• FadedCrown
                          FadedCrown commented
                          Editing a comment
                          3 years
                      Working...
                      X