No announcement yet.

Fire Will Kunkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used to make Sports Sunday a recorded item. Since Bruce and Jenn have left the segment and WK and minions have taken over its a gloss over sunday into monday morning for me.

Comment

The show was in its prime when it was The Bruce, Kobbe, and Bartlett. All legit professionals. Today it is a caricature of its former self; like a satirical cartoon version of what used to be.

Comment

Originally posted by giskard View Post
        Keeping this thread going may backfire. As long as he is being discussed, he is relevant.
        Is that really the level we're at with local sports programming? Dumpster fire views and angry viewers to attain relevancy?

Comment

The Wichita TV broadcasting talent, in front and behind the camera, has eroded to joke-hood. Bare bone budgets, elimination of most/all writers/copywriters/talent has made it unwatchable. I understand fans ire with Kunkle, but at least he puts in some effort and is willing to stir the pot a bit. The other guys are Journalism School interns at best.

Comment

Local news in all but the largest markets is a joke. They are paid terribly and mostly are young kids or a few old ones that settled into an area and are willing to work for peanuts. Try and imagine a real piece of investigative journalism or a "Hatteberg's People" coming from any of your local news faces.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53 View Post
              Is that really the level we're at with local sports programming? Dumpster fire views and angry viewers to attain relevancy?
              ESPN says Lavar Ball has a problem with your post.

Comment

Originally posted by ArtVandalay View Post
                ESPN says Lavar Ball has a problem with your post.
                Yes, apparently.

Comment

Will Kunkel throwing a party over Shamet's injury tonight on sports sunday wouldn't surprise me at all. It fits KWCH's standards for professional guidelines these days..

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                    Local news in all but the largest markets is a joke. They are paid terribly and mostly are young kids or a few old ones that settled into an area and are willing to work for peanuts. Try and imagine a real piece of investigative journalism or a "Hatteberg's People" coming from any of your local news faces.
                    Agree. But I wouldn't include Hatteberg's People as some hallmark of excellence. Some of the cheesiest TV ever produced,

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
                      Originally posted by washedup View Post
                      Agree. But I wouldn't include Hatteberg's People as some hallmark of excellence. Some of the cheesiest TV ever produced,
                      WICHITA ANCHOR WINS BROADCASTING AWARD

"Hatteberg has won numerous awards and honors. He was twice named the prestigious "National Press Photographers Television News Cameraman of the Year." He was a national semi-finalist for NASA's "Journalist-in-Space" program out of 1,800 applicants. In addition, Hatteberg has received more than 90 additional local, state, and national awards for television news photography, reporting and for helping to set broadcast journalism standards."

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                        WICHITA ANCHOR WINS BROADCASTING AWARD

"Hatteberg has won numerous awards and honors. He was twice named the prestigious "National Press Photographers Television News Cameraman of the Year." He was a national semi-finalist for NASA's "Journalist-in-Space" program out of 1,800 applicants. In addition, Hatteberg has received more than 90 additional local, state, and national awards for television news photography, reporting and for helping to set broadcast journalism standards."

http://archive.news.ku.edu/1999/99N/...Oct1/wins.html
                        Good photographer. He should've remained one.

Comment

Good photographer. He should've remained one.
                          No, he wasn't Walter Cronkite... :)

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                            No, he wasn't Walter Cronkite... :)

If Walter Cronkite had told me the moon was made of green cheese, I'd believe it.

Comment

Originally posted by molly jabali View Post
                              If Walter Cronkite had told me the moon was made of green cheese, I'd believe it.
                              As Cronkite would always say at the end of a broadcast, "And that's the way it is".
                              SHOCKERS & AWE

"Go Ahead, Try To Jinx Us" ~ The Monsters Of The Midwest

"Wichita State fans bring the noise to another level. The roar
                              gets into your skull, giving you a mild case of vertigo."

Comment

I would agree that it is not investigative journalism but for what ever genre it is it was a fun and a feel good segment. Some times something is great if it makes the viewer more informed and feel good about another human being that could be your next door neighbor. Think along the lines of the Andy Griffith Show. Not great TV but it gave insight into everyday people and their strengths and weakness.

Comment

Working...
                                X