Fire Will Kunkle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
    Kunkel's lead story about the game (not the regular news report, his special report after the news) was interviewing Shamet and Mcduffie about what went wrong on the last play of the game.

There were thousands of positives, but Kunkel chose to interview McDuffie and Shamet over one of the few negatives about the game.
    To Shamet, "Tell me exactly what went wrong on that last play". Really, that's the question you ask in the locker room after that loss? Shamet said he was supposed to hand off to McDuffie, but Kentucky denied McDuffie's movement to get there. So Kunkel went to McDuffie and asked him why he wasn't able to execute the final play.
    What a jerk.

Comment

Seems to me Kunkel is the one who should be getting the grief, not Lynn Marshall. Calling him a jerk is too kind.

Comment

Originally posted by bleed yellow View Post
        Out of a cannon
        FTFY

Comment

You guys are soooooo sensitive.

Comment

Yes.. fire Will Kunkel... and bring back Dani Welniak! not gonna happen, I know, but a guy can dream can't he?

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock View Post
              I know it popular to beat on Kunkell, but Kunkell was on twitter defending Shamet against some fool who said WSU deserved to lose because Shamet was selfish.
              I rarely watch the news but do follow Kunkel on Twitter.

It must be the Producers and Writers that some don't like, because he's solid on Twitter.

He's even willing to take some political stands that would be frowned upon in most newsrooms.
              "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
              -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                You guys are soooooo sensitive.
                You nailed it. Lots of folks around here LOVE to talk trash on other teams/fan bases/media, like it's their only purpose in life (heck we have a MEDIA HATE thread for Pete's sake), but when someone says something they don't like about Wichita State then it's "FIRE THIS GUY" and they cry into a forum post. Not everyone has to praise Wichita State constantly, you guys. People are allowed to like other teams even if they work in Wichita.

I'm not a fan of Kunkle whatsoever, I think he's a smug jerk, but expecting him to cheer for WSU constantly just because he works here is both silly and ignorant. We're in a middle TV market. This is a jumping off point for many of the media people. They expect to be here for 2-3 years then move on. All they're required to do is cover the team. Not wear yellow/black and paint their faces. Very rarely will we get someone like Bruce Haertl who just flat out loves WSU. As long as they fake interest and cover the team fairly on the air is all I care about.

Plus him asking Shamet and McDuffie about that last play was fully within his job description and the question that SHOULD have been asked. He doesn't need to ask softball questions to the team asking them to reminisce about how great the season was, or what they learned, or anything. I wanted to know what was supposed to happen on that last play just as much as anyone else. Now perhaps he could have asked it in a different way other than his classic Kunkle jerkish tone, I dont know I wasn't watching, but that line of questioning isn't bad whatsoever.

Comment

XManCometh cannot comprehend for the life of him what fan message boards are all about.

I think he needs to visit more message boards around the country and compare and contrast the evilness of Shockernet and compare it to others out there.

Does he ever post about actual gameplay, like EVER?
                  Deuces Valley.
                  ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Called the Knicks a joke franchise for giving Ron the contract he earned, said moving to the American was the biggest move WSU has made in it's sports history and argued with Parsons about it in unprofessional fashion.. Seriously Shox fans keep this thread going so KWCH sees it's one of the leading topics among people around the community and up the chances of firing this clown.

Comment

Called the Knicks a joke franchise for giving Ron the contract he earned, said moving to the American was the biggest move WSU has made in it's sports history and argued with Parsons about it in unprofessional fashion.. Seriously Shox fans keep this thread going so KWCH sees it's one of the leading topics among people around the community and up the chances of firing this clown.
                      This clown needs to get fired! What an idiot to say something about Baker and saying WSU biggest move was to the AAC! Come on now go eat a bag of D!CKS Will!

Comment

Meh. Sports Sunday used to be appointment viewing for me when Bruce ran the show. Now, it doesn't even register with me. Whatever. Fortunately, there are other ways to consume sports news.
                        78-65

Comment

Didn't see it -- and I never do, so no change there. And I'm no fan of Kunkel. Still, guys, hang on a minute:

a) The Knicks ARE pretty much a bad joke these days, although if Little Will just thinks so based on their paying Baker preemptive money, he hasn't been paying attention for quite a while; and

b) WSU's move to the American WAS the biggest thing they've done since...well, what? Hiring Gene Stephenson or Gregg Marshall? Those turned out to be pretty heavyweight moves, but at the time they were made no one could have fully appreciated just how enormous they would turn out to be, whereas it's obvious to all concerned that getting out of the Valley and into a serious league is what goofy old Joe Biden would call a BFD. So it's conceivable he may even be right.

That being the case, I don't see how either of those assessments is exactly a firing offense, regardless of how much he might deserve it for general obnoxiousness. Meanwhile, his clickbait has obviously reeled in a few bites already.

Comment

Keeping this thread going may backfire. As long as he is being discussed, he is relevant.

Comment

Why are you watching KWCH? I believe most on this board, myself included, stopped watching all facets of the channel some time ago, largely because of this clown, but not entirely. The decay of content and the prevalence of anti-Wichita State perspective began before "He who shall not be named".
                              “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Remember when Bruce ran the show and it was, with one or two exceptions, perfectly timed to conclude with 2 or 3 parting shots. Under WK's direction, they are always out of time and even skip or gloss over major developments in local sports. When is the last time they've interviewed a coach, athlete or other sports celebrity? I used to enjoy the "sitdowns" with Bruce or Jenn.
                                "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                                ---------------------------------------
                                Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                                "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                                "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Working...
                                X